Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

Ηi guys i want just to ask in Db file of football manager in my pc i have only 1800 file,after 2 updates shouldn't be there 1801,1802 too??

I think it's because there were no update for the database, so it remains 1800

Edited by Allan385

Has anyone got more than "little reaction" out of the pre match briefing. Seriously nearly season over and no matter what I say I have got no reaction whatsoever all season. 

Pointless addition if it doesn't do anything. More mouse clicking for the sake of mouse clicking! 

3 minutes ago, styluz_05 said:

Has anyone got more than "little reaction" out of the pre match briefing. Seriously nearly season over and no matter what I say I have got no reaction whatsoever all season. 

Pointless addition if it doesn't do anything. More mouse clicking for the sake of mouse clicking! 

yes, totally agree.. the whole of 1st season.. no matter we are on winning streak or losing, they do not listen to me and have something distracting them.

come 2nd season, still they dont listen to me when i do pre match talk. and funny thing is alot of the player have respectful status toward yet they do not listen when i talk? lol

Since last update I lost some faces in the game.

I have managed to re load 192,000 + faces but am now wondering if they are all in the game?

Shouldn't database read as 192,000 not the large at about 21,500?

or am I just having a senior moment?

Just now, MilanFM said:

yes, totally agree.. the whole of 1st season.. no matter we are on winning streak or losing, they do not listen to me and have something distracting them.

come 2nd season, still they dont listen to me when i do pre match talk. and funny thing is alot of the player have respectful status toward yet they do not listen when i talk? lol

It just seems like a pointless feature and makes the game slower as its something else it has to process through frustrating, SI spoke about this new feature and its doesn't actually help :/ ??? 

19 hours ago, LeeCutty said:

Yeah it works for the ones who are scouted but i have like 2-300 in there that don't have reports and there is no way that i can see of removing them and there is more and more going in there all the time.

I've asked a couple of mates and they have the same thing.

It's worth raising the issue in the bugs forum then as only players you've scouted should be appearing on the Scouted screen - you are 100% sure you are on the Scouted screen and not one of the other screens?

4 minutes ago, serif said:

Does match sharpness affect performance or does it only tie into the loss of condition?

It does affect performance, like in real football, when a player comes back from an injury he need usually some matches to play at the same level as before the injury.

44 minutes ago, hayes said:

I would love to have Software rendering back as an option, really made the game run smoother on my laptop. Any chance if this happening?

1 hour ago, Lodderup said:

How come? Had a huge impact on the smoothness of the game, and especially the battery life on my laptop.

I doubt software rendering is ever coming back.

On 27/10/2017 at 19:46, Neil Brock said:

No, I'm afraid for the game to be able to progress we had to stop supporting software rendering mode. We can't hold back progression of the game to support often old and very poor standard systems. Sorry. 

- initial tactics screen during a match seems pointless... just bypass it every time to get to the actual tactics screen

- team briefing - cannot see a purpose to it. 

- why is my team always disinterested in the team talk?

- i thought pitches could only be cut with lines across the width not length?

- dynamics a good feature - stops you from bombing out the old squad immediately

- more clicks needed in general than FM17

- seems harder to set up tutoring, not necessarily a bad thing

- medical centre a nice touch

Would this be considered a bug or potential new option in the interaction.

Just finished the season only a champions league final to go.

One player wants first team football, but has been injury prone, hence why he hasn't been playing.

I said another player was in form, but he kicked off, now the squad has turned on me, could turn all bar one back around to my side though.

could there be an answer to say, prove your fitness and you will get a chance in the new season?

the reality is, no manager is going to play an out of form player in a cup final with the current squad playing well.

Just a few thoughts, not a complaint, keep up the good work guys.

Ha. I was having trouble with Ander Herrera. He wasn't satisfied with his game time but I refused to sell him, so he publicly declared he was leaving on a free at the end of the season, even though it was only October. Since then he's featured an okay amount so I decided to see if there was an in game way to get him to change his IRREVERSIBLE decision. Didn't see one, but what I did see was that he had an automatic contract extension option. I cackled as I clicked it and waited to see what happened. Nothing. The player wasn't upset in the slightest. I was expecting a big protest with me trapping him to the club for another year against his will, but he seems happy enough.

5 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Yeah that tool is very, very off. It seems to have simply mini/maxed all the relevant/non-relevant attributes. The newgens will not turn out like that.

It turned out to be because I hadn't put the licence for the tool in the update folder. Was kinda looking forward to some crazy beta regens but glad it's not the game 👍

Edited by martplfc1

2 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Low Condition/Match Sharpness is also a large factor in the chances of a player suffering an in-match injury.

What would qualify as low match sharpness out of interest - less than 90%?

• SI Staff
Just now, Fritz13 said:

What would qualify as low match sharpness out of interest - less than 90%?

It's all proportional. 90% would be a lower risk than 85% but higher than 95%.

8 minutes ago, serif said:

Anything I can do about the player nameplates to remove the dark background?

Yes

During the match, click on the bit where you change the camera view, and there's an option to remove the condition bar there, and it even works now. 

I'm disgusted that midfield players still do not assist supporting wingers. The new role that might be for that loses other functions. My advanced playmakers shouldn't be target men imbeciles who run down the center of the field while a winger 30-40 meters from the end of the field is left with little chance and no options. That doesn't even look like football in my opinion.

Edited by serif

Just now, cleaner475 said:

Anyone else having the following issue? All my bar charts no longer display - neither on the match stat widget or in othe rplaces on the match screen.

barcharts.png

They changed that with the last hotfix because so many people complained about it. I prefer it the way it is now tbh, but it shows they'll never please all of the people all of the time. 

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

They changed that with the last hotfix because so many people complained about it. I prefer it the way it is now tbh, but it shows they'll never please all of the people all of the time. 

Why did people complain?! What kind of people are they!?

Just now, Per Annum said:

Wait are  you trying to say they accidentally left in that the WC moves?

That appears to be what that other use was saying yes. I haven't gotten that far into any save myself.

Just not feeling FM18 at all at the moment.

Can't stand the UI in particular areas - tactical screen is a pain in the backside in and out of games. 

No 2D classic match engine is disappointing, though I could get used to the other version - the amount of lag I'm experiencing during games between tactical changes is excessive, not sure if it's just me.

I've not seen anything of note in the match engine worth writing home about - a lot of issues from previous versions appear to remain.

I think dynamics and health centre are good additions but the whole game feels like one big chore and the matchday experience is painful.

Will persevere a bit more but I can't get gripped this year, feels like such a mission to do everything.