3D Match ENGINE

I have the exact same card and although FM17 ran at 60fps on medium, FM18 can only do 60fps on very low. Also, the low and very low settings are unwatchable this year - really blocky and out of focus for some reason.

Very disappointed as last year i bought this laptop for FM specifically. I hope this isn't the case come full release, either by SI optimising the game better or by making the low / very low settings watchable.

8 minutes ago, tiotom92 said:

I have the exact same card and although FM17 ran at 60fps on medium, FM18 can only do 60fps on very low. Also, the low and very low settings are unwatchable this year - really blocky and out of focus for some reason.

Very disappointed as last year i bought this laptop for FM specifically. I hope this isn't the case come full release, either by SI optimising the game better or by making the low / very low settings watchable.

100% bang on, the very low 3d is beyong poor. I’ve read they’re looking in to it so hopefully.

6 hours ago, FrazT said:

Try the free demo and judge for yourself

When will this be out? Release day or slightly earlier? As I to want to check out how my system runs with FM18 before fully committing, thought there is 2D

18 minutes ago, ParkeraGames said:

When will this be out? Release day or slightly earlier? As I to want to check out how my system runs with FM18 before fully committing, thought there is 2D

It's usually either on release of the game or a little after.

17 hours ago, FrazT said:

Try the free demo and judge for yourself

Incidentally, I find it a bit odd that my game is advertising the FM2018 beta release on the startup screen, but when I click the link, all I get is an error message (because I have not purchased the game). I understand both sides of the argument - wanting to have the beta information on the screen and not actually letting you load it unless you've purchased it - but it does look a bit odd that the game is directly leading you to an error message.

From experience, good advice to better the framerates on such budget chips is to tune down anti-aliasing. Gladly this was introduced by FM 2017, when previously you had to fiddle manually with the game's config files. It's basically a filter that smooths edges around 3d models, but doesn't affect anything else. It puts a big strain on lower end chips in particular, as they lack the bandwidth to much support it outside of the least graphically demanding games.

That said, whoever sells a 940MX chip for 60 fps gaming is a bad vendor. Gaming chips in general in the Nvidia range start at the "5" in the second number, e.g. 950M, or 1050 GTX. The mobile chips typcially are a few slower than their desktop counterparts. Those are the respective "entry level chips", and even they aren't made for consistently 60fps gaming, which is a luxury reserved to higher end PCs (console games are mostly locked at 30fps). I've recently swapped my desktop card from 2011, which in terms of raw power is similar to a few mobile solutions, for a newer model, and FM could bog the former card down quite a bit on prior releseases already, in particular with anti-aliasing tuned on. If the demo hits, I'd try it and manually set the anti-aliasing to lower if it only really works on "low" details as such.

Archived