So it begins...

I would imagine, in this scenario, that you need to make it the players decision to request a move by leaving him out of the first team for a while, or perhaps by reducing his squad status.

This new Dynamics should make it more difficult to sell players without consequences. It needs to be a more gradual process I think.

7 hours ago, tiotom92 said:

Just sold my third choice right-back who was already transfer listed when I began the game, and now the whole squad are mad at me as he was an influential player. I even tried apologising to Knockaert, but he wouldn't accept it.

Sigh.

56 minutes ago, Scoham said:

If you think there's an issue report it in the bugs forum, ideally uploading your save game from just before you sold him.

As Scoham says.

Remember, this is the Beta version and intended for testing.  It's not the final live version.  The only hope you have of getting this looked at is by raising the issue in the Bugs forum.  The whole point of having Beta access is to find bugs and raise them, not to just play the game two weeks early.

Sorry but I've just experienced a total pile of BS at Man City.

David Silva is homesick. Okay bro, I'll sell you in this window. You're David Silva! People like Merlin, he'll sell easy. Note this is 6 months in to the 17/18 season. Not a single offer. I can't even get offers at 10mil, his value is quoted as 40 mil, at least back in January (now mid Feb)

He's also highly influential and one of the team leaders, so everyone hates me. I have a 68% win rate, I won ~13+ games in a row. 41 played, 28 won, 9 draws, 4 losses. Second in the league, top of my group in CL, league cup final, and the team HATE me because David misses his ****ing paella.

3 minutes ago, Oenone87 said:

Sorry but I've just experienced a total pile of BS at Man City.

David Silva is homesick. Okay bro, I'll sell you in this window. You're David Silva! People like Merlin, he'll sell easy. Note this is 6 months in to the 17/18 season. Not a single offer. I can't even get offers at 10mil, his value is quoted as 40 mil, at least back in January (now mid Feb)

He's also highly influential and one of the team leaders, so everyone hates me. I have a 68% win rate, I won ~13+ games in a row. 41 played, 28 won, 9 draws, 4 losses. Second in the league, top of my group in CL, league cup final, and the team HATE me because David misses his ****ing paella.

Homesick after playing in England for the last 5 years would worry me more! But on the other hand, if he only wants to go back to Spain, I'm fairly certain only a few teams could afford him after fees, wages etc. Not exactly unrealistic.

7 minutes ago, bucket said:

Homesick after playing in England for the last 5 years would worry me more! But on the other hand, if he only wants to go back to Spain, I'm fairly certain only a few teams could afford him after fees, wages etc. Not exactly unrealistic.

Well now he's on a leave of absence. Yeah I don't get why he is homesick at all! If he wanted to leave fine and I did desperately try and make that happen. Hes not very understanding.

12 minutes ago, Oenone87 said:

On top, another grievance is Arsenal won't sell me Sanchez for 20 mil! Haha. So I try and pre-contract him, can't access it. Have to wait till it expires I guess.

Thats because English clubs cannot approach an English based player until expiry of their contract. You can pre sign players from abroad though 6 months early.

16 minutes ago, Oenone87 said:

Well now he's on a leave of absence. Yeah I don't get why he is homesick at all! If he wanted to leave fine and I did desperately try and make that happen. Hes not very understanding.

I'd list that as a bug mate. No player after spending a considerable amount of time in another country should get homesick.

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, bucket said:

I'd list that as a bug mate. No player after spending a considerable amount of time in another country should get homesick.

It probably is a bug, but that's not strictly true that a player couldn't get homesick after spending considerable time in a country.

Coloccini was cited as being homesick in December 2013 which was five years after he joined Newcastle.

Either way would prefer it's raised on the bugs forum so we can check it out. Thanks. 

I lived in another country for 6 years and got very homesick and returned. Its feasible and realistic. Worries me that we are going to point out gripes and frustrations as bugs in the game.....

And I'm sure he missed more than the assumed Spanish food....La Liga, Sunshine, beautiful cities, culture, wider family....makes sense to me that you would make a choice on this later in your tenure than earlier.

I personally think it adds spice to the game and is what could very likely happen and does happen at clubs....a test of management there then. :)

3 hours ago, bucket said:

Thats because English clubs cannot approach an English based player until expiry of their contract. You can pre sign players from abroad though 6 months early.

English clubs can approach other players from English clubs 1 month before contract expires, rest of Europe can offer them deals from 31st dec 

Archived