Taking feeder clubs to the next level

Sbalani

So for many of us starting in non English Lower league clubs, at some point or another, we're going to need a B squad. For years I have seen lower league B clubs in La Liga at least, be placeholders (or in this year not exist at all). In an effort to try and resolve this in a realistic manner, it could be cool to ask your board to eventually purchase the feeder club, thus giving you your active B squad (as long as the feeder club in question plays in the same country as you). Purchases could be made in cash and/or stock, making it easier for less fiancially free clubs to still make a purchase. However stock/in-kind purchases will of course depend on the nature & personality of your current board/president.

On 29/10/2017 at 03:59, Sbalani said:

So for many of us starting in non English Lower league clubs, at some point or another, we're going to need a B squad. For years I have seen lower league B clubs in La Liga at least, be placeholders (or in this year not exist at all). In an effort to try and resolve this in a realistic manner, it could be cool to ask your board to eventually purchase the feeder club, thus giving you your active B squad (as long as the feeder club in question plays in the same country as you). Purchases could be made in cash and/or stock, making it easier for less fiancially free clubs to still make a purchase. However stock/in-kind purchases will of course depend on the nature & personality of your current board/president.

It's against the rules in England for someone to own two clubs. https://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/dual-ownership-of-football-clubs/

Well it could be done in countries where it is allowed. It's worth noting that I beleive Spain has a similar law, but it only kicks in when two teams are in the same league or one league apart, which is why B teams are able to compete in the same league structure.

The same could be done for English teams, where instead of buying another club, you can purchase a reserve slot or something in the event an existing team chooses not to introduce a reserve team.

Regardless, i do beleive some form of mechanic is needed to allow players to introduce a B/Reserve squad when playing a lower league team, into higher league teams.

• 1 month later...

Archived