Youth players unavailable for Reserves game

ninash

If we have one Reserves team and one youth (U18 or U19) team, I often see youth squad players playing for Reserves team, I think it would be great to have an "Unavailable for Reserves squad" function for the youth players

It can be an issue if let's say my Reserves team play on Saturday and my Youth team plays the next day.  I focus more on my youth team which I want to win the league. And I find out that some of my best youth team players played for Reserves on Saturday and are too tired to play on Sunday for my youth team

I would like to be able to choose for each of my Reserves matches which players from my First-Team and which players from my Youth team can play.

A second scenario now

Let's say I have an important match for my Reserves team this time on Sunday and I had a random Youth team match on the previous day. Some of my Reserves team players are eligible to play for Youth team and I have selected them as "Available for Youth squad" for the whole season. I would like to be able to prevent them to play for my youth team that one random game on the Saturday, to ensure they are match fit for the important match I have with my Reserves team on the Sunday.

To sum up, I believe when we have both Reserves and Youth teams, it would be great to be able to decide at all games of reserves team which players from First team and Youth team can play. And at all youth team games, which players from First team and Reserves team can play.

I had a thread a while back in another section of this forum where I had asked if anyone knew how to achieve that. In the end I had deleted the Reserves out of my custom league instead. :lol: I'd like to see that being implemented, and perhaps give some value to U19s league competitions like the UEFA Youth League.

• 2 weeks later...

Something I realized regarding league features for reserves and youth teams is that you can select who will be in the starting XI and who will be on the bench

This is unfortunately not possible for reserves and youth friendly games: it is the dedicated reserves or youth team coach who selects all players. Except if we set ourselves as Manager of Friendly Games for Reserves and Youth teams in Responsabilities screen, but then the match is not simulated, we have to play it like any first-team match..

I think could have both suggestions: 

- unavailable for youth/reserve teams

- Senior manager be able to select the starting 11 for both teams 

I have that problem since old versions, with Reserve coach taking my tired Youth players and vice versa. I think also the coaches of both teams should  have more good sense when they select the starters because the condition level. It's annoying to see being selected tired players to the match, with risk of "exploding" them with any injury. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived