FM18 Beta, Dynamics Question

Hi, Just a quick one !

Getting used to the new Dynamics screen and noticed this - 59f8cf630cc2f_ScreenShot2017-10-31at19_29_24.png.fdfb7ab2074b9b8269387569847db61b.png

Is it normal for the Managerial support to be low to start with ?

Only reason i ask is because i am Man utd, Top of the league & champions league group and still in all cups in November yet i had a question in the media saying that i am loosing the dressing room ?

11 hours ago, SlayerX87 said:

Nah the devs just lost their heads a bit with this new feature, it's same for everyone but hopefully fixed with full game. 

Don't agree, I don't see why it should it be high for a new manager. Makes sense to start in the middle until you prove yourself (or not). Same with your job stability.

If it's your first manager job I see no reason why the players shouldn't be doubtful. You don't have any history of managing a club, I'm sure this will change as your character gains experience and starts to get a couple hundred games under the belt.

51 minutes ago, Karnack said:

If it's your first manager job I see no reason why the players shouldn't be doubtful. You don't have any history of managing a club, I'm sure this will change as your character gains experience and starts to get a couple hundred games under the belt.

By that time could have lost two jobs purely to losing dressing room down to silly things. Ive put myself with full experience and coaching and ive lost it due to two reserve players demanding first team despite unbeaten in league. And not morale is shocking and gone on a 4 game losing streak..  

1 minute ago, styluz_05 said:

By that time could have lost two jobs purely to losing dressing room down to silly things. Ive put myself with full experience and coaching and ive lost it due to two reserve players demanding first team despite unbeaten in league. And not morale is shocking and gone on a 4 game losing streak..  

It's not silly, if a completely untested manager takes over a team it shouldn't be 100% trust and confidence even if it is one with full coaching credentials and lots of playing experience. You are still new to the managing part and you will have to prove yourself. Dealing with complaining players is part of that, you might have to re-think how you deal with them. 

2 minutes ago, Karnack said:

It's not silly, if a completely untested manager takes over a team it shouldn't be 100% trust and confidence even if it is one with full coaching credentials and lots of playing experience. You are still new to the managing part and you will have to prove yourself. Dealing with complaining players is part of that, you might have to re-think how you deal with them. 

So give two reserve players game time despite being unbeaten? Yeah alright... 
The team should understand we are unbeaten top of the league why would two reserve players deserve to play? 

4 minutes ago, styluz_05 said:

So give two reserve players game time despite being unbeaten? Yeah alright... 
The team should understand we are unbeaten top of the league why would two reserve players deserve to play? 

Not necessarily, but if they are influental or highly influental players you would have to take it easy when you let them down and if the rest of the team come complaining just tell them you could only give the reserve players game time if it meant sidelining one of the first team players.

I'm just saying you have the be more mindful of these things. How did you handle it? What was your process? Did you just get angry and told them to stuff it?

5 minutes ago, Karnack said:

Not necessarily, but if they are influental or highly influental players you would have to take it easy when you let them down and if the rest of the team come complaining just tell them you could only give the reserve players game time if it meant sidelining one of the first team players.

I'm just saying you have the be more mindful of these things. How did you handle it? What was your process? Did you just get angry and told them to stuff it?

Both not influential in the lowest social group, both players behind players because the others two were averaging 7.5 over last 5 games.
Have no reason to play them first one I said calmly sorry other lad is performing well to which he said I could do just the same and I replied with sorry your have to be patient. Logical reply from me. 

And then the team were against me seriously stupid! 

The 2nd one I thought take different approach try something else, mentioned about showing something in training same response from squad. 

In my opinion its broke,

Its killed my team morale and players who were playing well are not and team against me now halfway down that bar. 

Just now, styluz_05 said:

If they can't fix it I'll stick with FM17 despite enjoying this new version the dynamics is killing it, I spoke to a friend he has had the same.  

If you have something to report, please do so in the bugs forum with a copy of the save from just before the issue. Then it can get looked at.

1 minute ago, styluz_05 said:

Both not influential in the lowest social group, both players behind players because the others two were averaging 7.5 over last 5 games.
Have no reason to play them first one I said calmly sorry other lad is performing well to which he said I could do just the same and I replied with sorry your have to be patient. Logical reply from me. 

And then the team were against me seriously stupid! 

The 2nd one I thought take different approach try something else, mentioned about showing something in training same response from squad. 

In my opinion its broke,

Its killed my team morale and players who were playing well are not and team against me now halfway down that bar. 

It does sound extreme but it's hard to tell. But it might be worth raising as a bug?

2 minutes ago, styluz_05 said:

Im about 5 games on now, is it too late?? 

The key is for SI to know the issue and to have the save to re-produce it so they can look under the hood at what's going on. 

Whilst I agree early on they might not support or have an indifferent opinion, I think if you are having success then this should change earlier, especially if you start as like an ex international etc.  Can you imagine say Ryan Giggs taking over at Man Utd and then havign them top of the table in Janaury/Feb but the players still don't respect/listen to him? I don't think that would happen, especially with younger players.

I do not think this feature is quite working as intended, in fact something is up in this entire area around your reputation/standing etc.

For example I have several players now (I am in February) who have me listed as favoured personnel and highly respect me as a manager, yet on the team dynamics screen none of these players support me.

I also had several players who didn't support me for no apparent reason at all. Like i had literally done nothing to them aside praise them when they played well and told them to pick themselves up a bit when their form dipped. 

I also am still getting the option in team talks to tell the team to prove their critics wrong, which I presume was based on our indifferent start to the season where I drew a lot of games and we were bumbling around mid table, yet I am now on a 15 match winning run in all competitions and I'm 2nd in the league, but the option is still there and there still seem to be rumblings in the media and the social feed about me being under pressure despite the fact the board is very pleased with me, has given me a new contract, we are in a cup final (ok league cup but sill) and I've won manager of the month in the last two months. 

Also despite my success and good relationships with about 90% of my squad, they are still all noted by AM to not really be paying attention in team talks and pretty much every game it still says they switch off when I enter the room.

The whole thing is not quite working IMO. 

Not loving Dynamics tbqh.

Had like 15 players mutiny twice over trivial things - 1st time because I didn't want to give Dele Alli 200k a week when its twice what any other player is on and he has just short of 5 years on his existing deal. 2nd time was because I wouldn't play Wanyama when Eric Dier was on a 5 game run of form averaging about 8.00. Morale and form has now of course tanked.

My rep and badges are the highest they can be set and managerial support had been "poor" since day 1

As with all player interaction SI 

went overboard , crestinh totally bizare situations. ITs been that for years. They never finetuned player interactions regarding sales and playing time so this new dynamic feature creating havoc in the dressingroom is probably just fine and dont forget , realistic. As IF Messi would go to war over Arda Turan sale loooool

1 hour ago, eye-switcher said:

As with all player interaction SI 

went overboard , crestinh totally bizare situations. ITs been that for years. They never finetuned player interactions regarding sales and playing time so this new dynamic feature creating havoc in the dressingroom is probably just fine and dont forget , realistic. As IF Messi would go to war over Arda Turan sale loooool

I think that's the problem. I love that you can really screw up a team talk or player talk, but the consequences are a bit silly. I can't think of any recent real life scenario where a player wasn't played by a manager and the team then turned against the manager. Think of big profile situations where that has happened - Schweinsteiger at United, Diego Costa (sort of) at Chelsea. Did those teams then turn against their manager? Not at all, far from it in fact. I really can't think of when that has happened. It's simply not realistic. 

Also recently was Mhkihtaryan at Utd. Mourinho didn't play him for a whole year almost. You didn't hear a peep out of any Utd. player. 

I started a save as Hibernian and suggested at the team meeting that we should aim for a European spot ( top 4 ), not unreasonable for a team like Hibs, won the cup in 2016, semi final last season and semi of league cup, with promotion back to top league. Our squad outside of Celtic is as good as anyone in the league but the players all moaned and said I was being too unreasonable and asking too much of them, I had to withdraw and say ok top half then and all is fine again. The players in our squad are top players with International caps amongst them, so no lack of belief and confidence and right now in real life they're sitting 3rd and got to another league cup semi, just bizarre. I also sent a young up and coming player out on loan for experience and half the squad moaned like hell about it, it was bad last year but the new dynamics are killing it along with all the other bugs, so far the worst game in the series for a while, so far anyway.

Sorry for my abscence since my original post ! 

I am playing as Man Utd and have the highest reps set for myself as I always do for the beta. I have no players against me at all just no support judging from the dynamics screen. Also at the start of team talks the players are never interested in what I say. I have since had a green appear saying some players are starting to like me.

i would of thought that this would change really quickly when you are new to management for example win 5 games in a row and it goes max green but suddenly loose 2 games it drops quite quickly however as you’re career progresses the “bar” drops or rises a lot less.

for example fergie loosing 5 games after so many cheers at Utd would not be a big deal but LVG loosing his first 5 games would instantly have everyone on him.

Archived