[Suggestion] World Super League

Eliteslayer

I play those football games on console and often I reach a point in the manager mode where its no longer a challenge so I start again,  pick my favourite team (FGR) and edit the league structure to create a world super league.

All the best teams from the leagues around the world in one league structure (i usually use the english leagues as its has the most tiers) and then add my own team in the lowest league.

Now I thought this could make an excellent scenario for FM potentially but it got me thinking...

What if there was a new top tier league for all the clubs around the world. So instead of qualifying for the Champions league they would leave their domestic league and play in a world super league for a season.
The travel costs could be funded by the tv money (so whatever is left over is split like the PM between the teams).

So how does qualification and relegation work ?
Well for the teams that qualify they would then play the teams in the world league in place of playing the CL games (obviously the first season there would be no relegation).

Now for balance and world equality you could say teams only play teams from the same country to avoid having the entire league filled with english teams for example.
BUT i believe this should be a true world league competition, if a team can beat another team in this league then they can earn their place in the league.

The qualification itself would need some tweaking over the usual CL game structure, i think it should be a mini league but each team only plays each other once at a neutral ground (again another way to spread the money around and potentially save on travel costs).

The winner of the World League would be safe but still need to play games.
You wont know who wins the WL until the end of the season so the qualifying games should end before the World League ends (nice added drama / tension).

The domestic leagues would need some tweaking to handle the shifting of team counts all the time but its not uncommon for teams to fail to qualify because of things out of their control and such.
That being said you could just relegate more people to cope with the influx of teams.

The transfer window might be a bit tricky with teams from all over being involved but the league could just have its own rules as if it was a country, id also suggest just having one transfer window starting at the end of the season (ie no mid season transfer window!).

This is just an idea, might not be viable and im sure there are many holes but i thought I would float this out there!

• 1 month later...

Archived