[FM18] The Chronicles of The Regista

The Regista

Why 'ello dere. How you doing? Yep, it's me, back again with the first of the part of my FM18 blog on the SI forums. 

I will try and keep my intro post short and sweet for you guys as there's so much FM18 content to get through right now! However, if you follow me on Twitter (and if you don't then why not?! @registafm - go and follow now...) you will have seen that I am going to be starting off my FM18 journey in Portugal with a lovely little side called Boavista. And if you haven't seen this yet, well here ya go!

So why Boavista? Well, let's give you some facts.

Logo-Boavista.png

Name - Boavista

Nickname - "As Panteras" - The Panthers or "Os Axadrezados" - The Chequered Ones (ooh-er)

Founded - 1903

Ground - Estadio do Bessa

Capacity - just your 28,263 crazy Portuguese football fans

Fact - One of two sides to win the Primeira Liga outside of the BIG THREE in Portugal, along with Belenenses (yeah - surprising right?)

Now - that last one is the reason that I'm taking on this lot as my first team in FM. Rebuilding fallen "giants" is how I normally play Football Manager, and I could have picked anywhere and found clubs that want to relive their glory years.

I've really got to thank the Deep Lying Podcast for this one, as their Portuguese League Preview really got me inspired to begin the quest for world domination in the birth-land of the best player in the world (sorry Messi fans). Portugal does not require players to have work permits, allowing me to steal the best youngsters around the world and breed them for success. Plus breaking up the BIG THREE gives a) a sense of longevity to the save, as they are so far ahead of everyone else and b) a real sense of achievement when we smash them in to oblivion.

Also, the stadium looks cool. Just look at it.

6f7af10029bcf59a35635b8213d55753.jpg

The big thing for me this year is to try and keep to one save file. I really fancy the ideas of moving on from Boavista once I've accomplished what I need to there in to an unknown game world - hence the name "The Chronicles of Regista". When Boavista have been established as a European powerhouse, we'll move on to a different league and team. Teams will rise and teams will fall - who knows where we'll end up? You'll just have to stick around to find out, all whilst eating Nutella in our pants.

The next installment is coming soon...

Archived