AI Getting better

I don't know if there's already a post for this but is it just me or is the AI in FM17 getting better if you use the same formation over a period of time? I've used a slightly modified version of Ozil's Pep very fluid tactic (thank you for that, kudos for the brilliant tactic) for ~ 39 matches (the longest streak of no losses) and on the 39th it started drifting away - beat Elche 2-0 and was completely dominated by Elche (I coach Barca at the moment).

Did this happen to anybody else?

1 hour ago, A_BVB_D said:

I don't know if there's already a post for this but is it just me or is the AI in FM17 getting better if you use the same formation over a period of time? I've used a slightly modified version of Ozil's Pep very fluid tactic (thank you for that, kudos for the brilliant tactic) for ~ 39 matches (the longest streak of no losses) and on the 39th it started drifting away - beat Elche 2-0 and was completely dominated by Elche (I coach Barca at the moment).

Did this happen to anybody else?

What happens is the AI can adapt how it plays against us depending on our success or reputation, nothing to do with us using the same formation for extended periods.

So if we become successful over a period of time you may find the AI recognises this, tightens up and plays more cautiously against us - or more aggressively if we are struggling.  This can even happen during a match - you go in 2-0 up at half time away from home and perhaps the AI comes out fighting in the second half for example.

And because the AI can adapt this may leave our once successful tactic struggling, as the space we used to enjoy has now been denied to us.  In this situation, we may need to adapt with small tweaks of our own to compensate.

Archived