Idea how to use manager's salary

Cint

I know that many of players dont care about negotiating their salary in game. I have an idea how to change that and encourage players to negotiatie. I think that since Steam is collecting data about our achievements i could collect data about our salary and make some kind of a ranking. This ranking should take into account differences in how players like to play. Some of us like to start in lower leagues, generally we usually play in our national leagues and so bare salary cannot be compared. But maybe % of increase of our first salary during career or comparison of how much of clubs wages our salary takes can be compared all around the world. Then SI could reward the players leading in such ranking with free copy of next FM. I think that this is affordable by SI, can be fun for us players to compete with each other and manager salary will finally have some use so we will at least try to negotiate it. In real life managers do negotiate so it will also be motivative for players to add some realism in this aspect. 

It's a nice idea, and salary is certainly pretty meaningless at the moment. It'd be nice to see a leader-board somewhere of how much salary you have earned in comparison to other managers in game (and maybe some legends).

I wonder if there could also be a way of using your salary in the game itself, perhaps as a means of developing some skills and abilities for your in game son?

• 2 weeks later...

U talk about in game use of salary. Impove skills could be nice, but if u manage medium or big club this is not an issue since the costs of obtaining license are way below what u earn. This could be an issue for lower league managment when club dont have money to send u for a course and u can spend the money u gathered.

I talk about using the salary for some quasi e-sport possibilities.

Archived