FM18: Arsenal - Victoria Concordia Crescit

gandrasch

Just started a new Arsenal game with the FMInside data update which includes the January transfers. No PA/CA changes. Screenshot of the transfers below, bought Moise Kean as well for 18 millions and he will arrive after the season. 

5a77071326ef7_ScreenShot2018-02-04at13_14_23.thumb.png.15e981e9a4688b3c240719f2c507575d.png

Will ease Sergej into the midfield as Mkhi, Auba and Laca are all "new" signings on the game, i.e. have not played for the club. Will try to blend in some youth; Willock, Niles and Nketiah most notably.

tac.thumb.png.6882bda320ab5b261c2e6a3510d6bdeb.png

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, I wanna introduce myself. 

4a21f287f83320570c05fc0b84e40026.png

Yes, that's right. I am the legend. The Thierry Henry. 

This is how I line up my best eleven

f1fa7a8bff46f2fc593d1242c462d755.png 

Obviously it depends on injuries and more other things like form. These are my second choises. I roulate them often with the first eleven.

1267fb9166c8a1219ce17d605b89cedf.png

You can see that I change some player roles because i want to create a different style while they are up on the field. 

Further I can select a third team with players who are able to play, but the most of them are hot prospects or not doing that good for a place in the first eleven or even the first 22. Like Özil. 

Squad

My goalkeepers

676318422f3334eed36f1ccf2dbf64b1.png

Of course Donnarumma. He's the best. Cech did it good the first 1,5 seasons, but he's old and I am not a big fan of him. While he has an Chelsea history. Now he is retired. 

My defenders

e69373a4cf4be475329defe7c6b07354.png

Bellerín is my first choice as a right fullback, while Grimaldo is my attacking left wingback. Paulo Cesar as back-up for Bellerín, even as Chambers. Fabio Luis is my back-up for Grimaldo. 

Ariel Medina has a work permit since this summer so he's available and directly my central defender with Upamecano. Mustafi en Koscielny are the two back-ups. Thiago Silva, Chambers en Fabio Luis can also play there. Enough choice. 

If I have a lot of injuries, Elneny, Esteves and even (!) Sergej Savic can play there, he's rated highly as a central defender!

The central midfield

f6dc7a509af8363f780818a994ebe2d7.png

Arthur is absolutely magnificent as a segundo volante. Always scoring important goals and I definitely recommend him. Diawara is the greatest VM I've seen so far. Both are in my first 11. Wilshere (not in the screen) is Arthur's back-up replacement and Elneny and Xhaka are replacement for Diawara. Unfortunately Gallo has no work permit and due injury there was no interest from clubs where I could loan him out to. 

The trio near Laca

a87fa4ca4bbc8fa8f3e72d106aeede17.png

What the actually f*ck. Must you've think. A lot of players. But whe're a big club bro! 

Gribbin, Moreira, Ramsey, Gomes, Willock and Özil are fighting for the AMC-spot. Nelson is in his best at the right wing, while Welbeck (not in the screen) is magnificent as a inside forward on the left flank. Hard time for me that Fabricio didn't get a WP.

Laca and the rest and the best men ever

c38df2818b1638bdf07541048eab7bf8.png

Welbeck is also highly rated as a striker. He did great when Laca need rest. Maximiliano is bought previous season and now has a WP. He's my second striker. Giroud, my men Giroud. The king. He can't just go. Why should I let him go? I am not Wenger. He's an absolute hero. We don't sell hero's. Come on. Forever Arsenal. Pretty boy.

This was just a crappy selection of my team. What I like to share the most is my players goals/assists. You have to love Welbeck, Walcott and Iwobi soon boy.

Welbeck first three seasons: https://i.gyazo.com/fd18772c26105733b201e9f2ace3f7e6.mp4

Walcott first three seasons: https://i.gyazo.com/7cc5228716180f23d642812d9ee02eaf.mp4

Iwobi first three seasons: https://i.gyazo.com/2b62d7706e69c907a1bee1e90dedc1a2.mp4

If you wanna see more, hit me up! :) 

@BrickCommo23

1 hour ago, Sysiphus said:

Just started a new Arsenal game with the FMInside data update which includes the January transfers. No PA/CA changes. Screenshot of the transfers below, bought Moise Kean as well for 18 millions and he will arrive after the season. 

5a77071326ef7_ScreenShot2018-02-04at13_14_23.thumb.png.15e981e9a4688b3c240719f2c507575d.png

Will ease Sergej into the midfield as Mkhi, Auba and Laca are all "new" signings on the game, i.e. have not played for the club. Will try to blend in some youth; Willock, Niles and Nketiah most notably.

tac.thumb.png.6882bda320ab5b261c2e6a3510d6bdeb.png

I'm starting a new game too with the sortitoutsi data update. Can't figure out what formation I want to play though to get the best out of LMAO. I'm thinking maybe a 4-2-4 although I don't really want to play Ozil & Miki out wide.

28 minutes ago, Sean3h said:

I'm starting a new game too with the sortitoutsi data update. Can't figure out what formation I want to play though to get the best out of LMAO. I'm thinking maybe a 4-2-4 although I don't really want to play Ozil & Miki out wide.

I am dealing with the same problem. Mkhi works well for me as an AML when I convert to a traditional 4-2-3-1 from time to time, having Ozil as my AMC. But if I try tu use Özil on the flank when I do three at the back his production diminishes and he constantly finishes games with 6.3-6.5 rating. So I am trying this MC retraining for Mkhi hoping he can be my new Cazorla, hoping he will pick up all the PPMs I want him to; plays one two´s, tries to play his way out of trouble etc.

I feel as if Laca and Auba should really only be used as strikers, don´t really rate Auba as IF or Laca as ramdeuter or IF, just seems wrong and I don´t enjoy it. 

So it will definitely be some tinkering this first season as every one of the LMAO quartet is extremely good on this game I feel, but don´t offer too much of a flexibility positioning wise.

29 minutes ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

What do people's transfer dealings look like, here's mine so far.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Tuanzebe bought for 80m and then sold for under 20m 2-3 seasons later, how come? And how does your team look like right now, any exciting regens?

I finally started my first FM save of the year - as always, first save with Arsenal.

Sold Xhaka and Ospina.

Bought De Vrij and some young GK CB and RB all on the cheap.

Holding gone out on loan to West Brom.

Lost to Chelsea in Community Shield on Penalties - won first 3 league games against Huddersfield (a), Watford (h), Man City (a). 

13 hours ago, Sysiphus said:

Tuanzebe bought for 80m and then sold for under 20m 2-3 seasons later, how come? And how does your team look like right now, any exciting regens?

Think that was when i was trying to fund the Mbappe deal, plus he didn't perform very well at all. I massively overpaid when buying him and is almost certainly my worst deal to date.

I'll get a pic up later and do have a couple of decent regens coming through.

1 hour ago, Footygamer89YT said:

I might be doing a save with arsenal on twitch using a January database any tips ?

I'd also recommend improving the central midfield positions as the current players are just not good, though I always keep Ramsey but then he is my favourite player.

46 minutes ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

I'd also recommend improving the central midfield positions as the current players are just not good, though I always keep Ramsey but then he is my favourite player.

Ramsey is very good on FM18 in my opinion. Probably a little overrated.

As in real life, it's a squad which needs a fair bit of work if you want to get back into the elite. Goo fun though!

5 hours ago, Collzy said:

Asensio was transfer listed by RM for £29m.

Don't think I even need him but bought him anyway, far too good a player with room for growth to not take at that price. 

Asensio is main man at Madrid in my save. They want about £145mil for him - I've given up.

6 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Nice! You must have been bouncing!

PS - what's Mbappe like?

We had an awful end to the season, lost Mbappe, Isco, Arthur, Lemar, Rabiot & Nelson all to fairly lengthy injuries at the same time and that really put pressure on the squad which is very  small and very young. Lost 4 games on the trot which saw us lose a 10pt lead and City go top by a couple of points, they then drew (can't remember who against) and we struggled to a much needed 2-1 home win over WBA setting up the final day winner takes all clash, well i say that but due to goal difference they needed just a draw. Lemar was chucked back in despite being unfit and Mbappe made the bench though still injured. At 2-0 down i had obviously given up, but with 13 minutes left we suddenly remembered we're actually a decent side (champions past 2 seasons also) and absolutely destroyed them, not quite Anfield 89 but still a very unlikely win after being behind.

Mbappe is quite simply the best player I've had on this game for some time, he just gets the ball dribbles and scores. Scored 49 last season and 44 this, would have been a fair few more if injury hadn't kept him out for some time.

Also been thinking for next season chucking in my 16yo regen keeper, he's dubbed the next David Seaman and has good attributes for someone so young. My plan is to make him the number one and then see if he can become a club legend and also take away the most appearances record from David O'Leary of 722.

Now in February in my first season.

looking good atm sitting second 8pts behind Man Utd .

not conceded in last 5 and on a good win streak. 

Will upload some screenshots later.

signed Mahrez in the summer and he’s doing well. 

Welbeck is surprisingly good on the left as an inside forward, scored 8 and assisted 7 now I think 

Also playing FM Inside update. Ozil has a new contract but is transfer listed, almost got turned off by the fact but removed him and his moral is excellent.

Spent a lot of time on tactics screen trying to fit the "Big 4". Came up with this.

7NrlzwJ.jpg

The response was brilliant, reaching the climax in December:

VqjIZM0.jpg

Entered the new Year with a gap of 10 points from the rest of the league. Finished 1st, 9 points clear.

Other competitions are not worth mentioning.

For those playing a 4-2-3-1 with success what do you think is most effective? I can't decide if I should play my DM's deep or in CM. I've been run ragged by good opponents in both formations. I am under the impression that using two DM's is more solid defensively but Arsenal's strength and depth is in the CM position. If people are playing with DM's are you retraining Ramsey and Wilshere to play deeper?

Also, what does your front 4 look like (here's my below setup)? Is the CF a DLF Attack, AM an AM or AP?

image.png.20c36b28c5d7c70dcf9ceb19309749cd.png 

First season finished. Ups and downs. My transfers:

5a820a8a6ce65_ScreenShot2018-02-12at21_40_01.thumb.png.21863014d30b79cd184ec30f153be22a.png

My final game of the season was a home game against Brighton and a win would clinch me the title. A draw would not.

5a820a84e8f78_ScreenShot2018-02-12at20_59_01.thumb.png.0bb5891bdbf76fa1d36e052305ba3eab.png

0-0.

5a820a87df80a_ScreenShot2018-02-12at21_38_50.thumb.png.2a05eb69d1fb74a9eb40e7aea3a8b772.png

Love how Willock and Nketiah are developing for me, but has anyone managed to get some development out of Maitland-Niles? The guy doesn´t show a green arrow in his attributes, ever. If anything, they are red. I played him in 50 games this season (30 starts, 20 subs) as either RWB or CM and had him tutored by Ramsey. I really wanted him to be my 2nd choice right back and 4th choice central midfielder for this save, but he´s still only 1,5 star ability and Chambers is much more competent than AMN.

Second question, how has Trae Coyle developed for you long term-guys? I like the look of him and think he could be a useful squad player few years down the line.

12 hours ago, Sysiphus said:

Second question, how has Trae Coyle developed for you long term-guys? I like the look of him and think he could be a useful squad player few years down the line.

I'm in the 6th season now so will post up some pics as still have the main group of youngsters in the squad, apart from Dasilva who wanted leave. Coyle has played a few games over the last couple of seasons but cannot remember there being a great improvement in his attributes.

My game has taken a turn for the worse, my very young squad is struggling quite a bit and Sp*rs are the runaway leaders this season. Replaced Szecesny in goal with my 17 regen and also sold Isco (he started crying as wasn't the No1 penalty taker :rolleyes: ) but never replaced him and as Willock, Coyle & JRA haven't performed well this season I decided to spend in January, bringing in a regen wonderkid from AC Milan for £77m. Anyway, certainly won't be a forth title in a row and the best chance of silverware is the League Cup as already out of the FA Cup and have zero chance in the Champions League.

Also, how do you view the average age of your squad as cannot seem to find it anywhere...

First Season: We won the PL and FA Cup. We played the European League final but lost to PSG.

pos.thumb.png.693449c6342e59b1b11a75360e22ea00.png

Second Season:

gelenler-gidenler.thumb.png.1aea3d1bdf42a5a01378a760ff8b0554.png

Preparation period and Community Shield. Very efficient.

first.thumb.png.fb792c66831959dd15fa4c8dc2d6f79e.png

First XI (3-4-3): Ter Stegen; Mustafi,Koscielny,de Vrij; Bellerin,Milinkovic-Savic,Ramsey,Charlie Taylor; Iwobi,Lacazette,Icardi.

Subs: GK: Cech and Virginia. CB: Chambers,Holding,Bielik,Sheaf. WB: Mario,Tierney,Niles. CM: Xhaka,Goretzka,Wilshere. FW: Welbeck,Giroud,Walcott,Pellegri.

On 2/4/2018 at 14:00, Yoeri said:

First of all, I wanna introduce myself. 

4a21f287f83320570c05fc0b84e40026.png

Yes, that's right. I am the legend. The Thierry Henry. 

This is how I line up my best eleven

f1fa7a8bff46f2fc593d1242c462d755.png 

Obviously it depends on injuries and more other things like form. These are my second choises. I roulate them often with the first eleven.

1267fb9166c8a1219ce17d605b89cedf.png

You can see that I change some player roles because i want to create a different style while they are up on the field. 

Further I can select a third team with players who are able to play, but the most of them are hot prospects or not doing that good for a place in the first eleven or even the first 22. Like Özil. 

Squad

My goalkeepers

676318422f3334eed36f1ccf2dbf64b1.png

Of course Donnarumma. He's the best. Cech did it good the first 1,5 seasons, but he's old and I am not a big fan of him. While he has an Chelsea history. Now he is retired. 

My defenders

e69373a4cf4be475329defe7c6b07354.png

Bellerín is my first choice as a right fullback, while Grimaldo is my attacking left wingback. Paulo Cesar as back-up for Bellerín, even as Chambers. Fabio Luis is my back-up for Grimaldo. 

Ariel Medina has a work permit since this summer so he's available and directly my central defender with Upamecano. Mustafi en Koscielny are the two back-ups. Thiago Silva, Chambers en Fabio Luis can also play there. Enough choice. 

If I have a lot of injuries, Elneny, Esteves and even (!) Sergej Savic can play there, he's rated highly as a central defender!

The central midfield

f6dc7a509af8363f780818a994ebe2d7.png

Arthur is absolutely magnificent as a segundo volante. Always scoring important goals and I definitely recommend him. Diawara is the greatest VM I've seen so far. Both are in my first 11. Wilshere (not in the screen) is Arthur's back-up replacement and Elneny and Xhaka are replacement for Diawara. Unfortunately Gallo has no work permit and due injury there was no interest from clubs where I could loan him out to. 

The trio near Laca

a87fa4ca4bbc8fa8f3e72d106aeede17.png

What the actually f*ck. Must you've think. A lot of players. But whe're a big club bro! 

Gribbin, Moreira, Ramsey, Gomes, Willock and Özil are fighting for the AMC-spot. Nelson is in his best at the right wing, while Welbeck (not in the screen) is magnificent as a inside forward on the left flank. Hard time for me that Fabricio didn't get a WP.

Laca and the rest and the best men ever

c38df2818b1638bdf07541048eab7bf8.png

Welbeck is also highly rated as a striker. He did great when Laca need rest. Maximiliano is bought previous season and now has a WP. He's my second striker. Giroud, my men Giroud. The king. He can't just go. Why should I let him go? I am not Wenger. He's an absolute hero. We don't sell hero's. Come on. Forever Arsenal. Pretty boy.

This was just a crappy selection of my team. What I like to share the most is my players goals/assists. You have to love Welbeck, Walcott and Iwobi soon boy.

Welbeck first three seasons: https://i.gyazo.com/fd18772c26105733b201e9f2ace3f7e6.mp4

Walcott first three seasons: https://i.gyazo.com/7cc5228716180f23d642812d9ee02eaf.mp4

Iwobi first three seasons: https://i.gyazo.com/2b62d7706e69c907a1bee1e90dedc1a2.mp4

If you wanna see more, hit me up! :) 

@BrickCommo23

Any way of seeing your TI's ???

I'm using a DM and a DLP(S) with two IF(S) but love your setup and would like to see how you do it.

Fancy sharing your tactic fully?

4-2-3-1 - K.fmf

So first season done, League and Europa League won :)

Transfer Window done - wholesale changes! Signing youth, like I always do, but trying to sign young English (or British) talent for outgoing replacements. Problem is, they're usually very expensive, so I have actually promoted a couple of our own youth. 

Squad going into second season is; Donnarumma, Rajkovic, Cech, Bellerin, Alexander-Arnold, Tierney, Aarón, Koscielny, de Ligt, de Vrij, Chambers, Holding, Stark, T. Davies, Ozil, Maitland-Niles, Wilshere, Cazorla, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Asensio, Nelson, Nketiah, Iwobi.

Cazorla and Cech being kept around for now for tutoring.

So only 2 English lads bought (and 1 Scottish), but also 3 promoted from within, along with the purchases of De Ligt, Aarón and Donnarumma AND clearling a ton off the wage bill. Overall successful window. 

Squad age of 24 (or 23.79) - probably being raised by Cech and Cazorla.

So really, my squad for the foreseeable is pretty much sorted :D I'll mainly sign Newgens and replace any potential outgoings (so Aubameyang at the end of the season possibly) with more developed (but still young) players. If they're English, even better, Rashford would be amazing. 

Hi guys, probably we are in the same page in many ways. Im a die hard fans of managing arsenal in football manager series. 

Ive been very lucky with my transfer. here are the summary of it:

Season 1:
In:                                                                     Out:
July                                                                   July
de ligt - 18M                                                   alexis – 69M city
dolberg - 28M                                                elneny – 27M (30M) psg
Icardi - 56M                                                    coquelin – 31M monaco
nainggolan - 41M                                          giroud – 29M southampton
savic - 37M (a must!)

January                                                            January
Zivkovic - 27.5M                                             mustafi – 44.5M (56M) barcelona
Sousa - 8.25M                                                 debuchy – 7.5M debuchy
Sarr - 11M

Total transfer: In 227M; Out 208M 

Very good season. winning premier league, and Savic and Icardi is a beast! is a must get!

Season 2:
Season 2, overhauling most of my whole squads. again, been very lucky with my transfer. but truth to be told, a hectic transfer window!! search for the best young prospect. thanks to fellows input. hehe
alright cut the chase. 

In:                                                                                           Out:
goretzka - free (contract expired)                                            nainggolan – 75M city (turning 30yo) what a price!
tierney - 25M                                                                               kolasinac – 53M(75M) chelsea
asensio - 20.5M (transfer listed)                                               lucas – 12M OL 
lozano - 17M                                                                                wilshere – 45M R madrid
de vrij - 22.5M                                                                              welbeck – 73M bayern
chiesa - 34.5M                                                                              Ospina – 10.75M Watford
kovalenko - 20M                                                                          cazorla – 10.75M(13.25M) dynamo
kean - 16.75M                                                                              monreal – 10.5M (13.25M) swansea
davies - 19M (unsettled, being relegated)                               jenkinson – 6.5M derby
rajkovic - 10M                                                                              xhaka – 51M psg
Imanol - 16M (regen)                                                                  Walcott – 30M(42M) napoli
gaya - 8.5M                                                                                   asano – 9.75M koln
malcom - 57M
bakayoko - 12M (transfer listed)

Total transfer: In 279M; Out 387M 

At the moment im in my 2nd season, looking pretty good. Most of the boys are clicking

Current formation 4-2-3-1
1st team:                                                                                              2nd team
                           cech                                                                                                   rajkovic
bellerin – de vrij – koscielny – Tierney                                        chambers-de ligt-holding-gaya
            bakayoko – savic                                                                                goretzka - ramsey
            chiesa – ozil – zivkovic                                                               Malcom – asensio - iwobi
                          icardi                                                                                           lacazette/dolberg

rotation depending on the competitions:
standby players:
tom davies, kovalenk & Lozano
loaned out: nelson, kean, malang sarr.

If I have to choose my top 5 players: it would be
1. Icardi
2. Savic
3. Zivkovic
4. Chiesa
5. Tierney/dolberg

planning to keep our influential figures for commanding and stability purposes: cech, kos, ozil

Well guys, hopefully this post will help our season going! Cheers!

Second season transfers. I know I can buy a lot better players and have a lot better squad but I have done that all before so I'm only buying players I've never used before (yes, I'm the only FM player that hasn't used Arthur, Pellegri and Kean) and I'm interested in buying, not going for the 100% success formula.

5a84a0c2b83d6_ScreenShot2018-02-14at19_58_54.thumb.png.668f16b2e0c4ef12b92df9435813e211.png

Thought this guy was an Wenger-esque/Arsenal-esque signing as he is way too small and weak to be a CD, so I'm going for a DMC retrain here. Like the look of him.

5a84a0bfa3071_ScreenShot2018-02-13at22_21_08.thumb.png.52184b375b39674550426d39ea106dfe.png

First half of the second season gone by. I really f*cked up in the CL and went out in the group stage, Juventus and Valencia progressing at my cost due to unbelievably frustrating 89th minute goal from Nani (Valencia) to make it 2-2 and kick me to the 3rd spot. Anywas, this is the league position:

5a861e69b4fbe_ScreenShot2018-02-15at23_56_39.thumb.png.a9fbf2a8b8a89bcd0a330105812c647e.png

My Brexit situation:

5a861e5eba313_ScreenShot2018-02-15at15_47_40.thumb.png.fd51fc872e21c8daf295abf368779448.png

And Reiss Nelson, who I intented to use as a backup this season but has really made the AMR position his own as I've gone from a 3-4-1-2 formation to 4-2-3-1 because of a horrible start to the season (knocked out of 3rd round in Carabao, started the league with 1-2-2 record and the CL with 1-1-1 record). Check his stats in the league:

5a861e638a673_ScreenShot2018-02-15at23_56_27.thumb.png.0409f94b44d1221420f71d2c50f534e1.png

God I hate Allegri.

He was he bane of my life on FM17, his Real Madrid team 3 CLs in a row (beating me twice).

On 18 he's now at Chelsea. And they're much too good for my liking.

It's annoying as Mourinho, Pep, Poch and Klopp all gone to be replaced by lesser managers. I'd honestly be strolling to titles Otherwise!

As it is, I had an horrific fixtures list for first 10 games and currently 8 off Chelsea. But if bad fixtures are at the beginning - one might expect a strong run in!

Archived