Make South America Great Again!

dafuge

JFwyXJ0.png
Flamengo - Campeonato Brasileiro Chevrolet Série A - 2037

International call-ups stopped us from making it three consecutive clean sweeps, so this season we were hoping to do better in the domestic cups.

League Table - we were scoring for fun but those six losses made things quite tight at the top at times.

Recopa Santander Sudamericana - we had a lot of players missing for the first leg, but we bounced back with our full team.

Campeonato Carioca - so close to a perfect set of wins.

Liga Sul-Minas-Rio - we had half our team missing for the final, but still won it.

Copa Continental Pneus do Brasil - the first leg was a write off with international call-ups, but we scraped through on penalties.

Copa Bridgestone Libertadores - we slipped up once, but recovered to lift the trophy again.

FIFA Club World Cup - yet again we made easy work of the European opposition.

Squad - the squad is huge, I could do with selling a few players.

Transfers - we signed an exciting new young right back.

Finances - still rich.

Key Player Profiles:

Zidane - he's become our top striker.

Rodrigo - he's the rotation option.

Ntokozo Vilakazi - the supporting striker.

David Adams - he's been brilliant, but it might be time to move him on.

Guaraná - the new signing.

Career Overview:

Season     Team                   Country    League                       Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018       Sud América            Uruguay    Segunda División             12th         Started job in May
2019       Sud América            Uruguay    Segunda División             1st          Promoted as champions
2020       Sud América            Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          2nd          Intermedio winners, Playoff finalists
2021       Sud América            Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          n/a          Intermedio finalists, left in October
2021       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          2nd          Started job in October
2022       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          1st          Playoff winners
2023       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          1st          Intermedio winners
2024       Colo Colo              Chile      Primera División             2nd          Copa Libertadores finalists
2025       Colo Colo              Chile      Primera División             1st          Copa Chile winners
2026       Colo Colo              Chile      Primera División             1st          Copa Chile, Copa Libertadores and CWC winners
2027       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      2nd          Carioca and Sul-Minas-Rio winners, Copa Libertadores finalists
2028       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio winners and Copa Libertadores finalists
2029       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Carioca winners, Sul-Minas-Rio and Copa Libertadores finalists
2030       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Carioca, Sul-Minas-Rio and Copa do Brasil winners, Copa Libertadores finalists
2031       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Carioca, Sul-Minas-Rio and Copa do Brasil winners, Copa Libertadores finalists
2032       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Copa do Brasil, CWC and Copa Libertadores winners, Carioca finalists
2033       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Carioca, Copa do Brasil, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
2034       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Carioca, Copa do Brasil, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
2035       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Carioca, Copa do Brasil, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
2036       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Carioca, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
2037       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Carioca, Copa do Brasil, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
Next Season:

It's been great playing at the Maracanã, but we are due to move back to the expanded Zico Park next season. Hopefully we can maintain our success while having a bit of a clear-out.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is your goal now to play for a bit in the new stadium? I sense perhaps a move to Argentina in the future? 

Think you're having, as always, the most dominant team of everyone in this forum. It's quite incredible really, and I'm amazed how you manage to do it every edition of the game. 

1 minute ago, noikeee said:

Is your goal now to play for a bit in the new stadium? I sense perhaps a move to Argentina in the future? 

Think you're having, as always, the most dominant team of everyone in this forum. It's quite incredible really, and I'm amazed how you manage to do it every edition of the game. 

I'm a bit unsure at the moment, I've not been playing much recently so I'm unlikely to switch clubs until I've got a decent bit of time to spend on it.

I still fancy a move to somewhere like Boca, possibly to try and break the Brazilian dominance I've helped to create.

JFwyXJ0.png
Flamengo - Campeonato Brasileiro Chevrolet Série A - 2038

We are back at Zico Park, hoping that the dominance continues.

League Table - for the first time, we completed an unbeaten season.

Recopa Santander Sudamericana - we made easy work of Palmeiras.

Campeonato Carioca - a perfect set of wins.

Liga Sul-Minas-Rio - we had a shock in the first match, but got back to winning ways quickly.

Copa Continental Pneus do Brasil - another set of perfect wins.

Copa Bridgestone Libertadores - yet another set of perfect wins.

FIFA Club World Cup - things were a lot closer this time as Real Madrid gave us a good game.

Squad - the squad is immense, there aren't really any weak spots.

Transfers - a number of legends left the club, perhaps for the best.

Finances - there's not a lot I can do with all this money.

Key Player Profiles:

Zidane - once again he proved himself as our top striker.

Ntokozo Vilakazi - brilliant as usual.

Dragoljub Pajic - a bargain at £2.8m.

Roberto Medina - a big money signing.

Guaraná - last year's signing is really impressing.

Career Overview:

Season     Team                   Country    League                       Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018       Sud América            Uruguay    Segunda División             12th         Started job in May
2019       Sud América            Uruguay    Segunda División             1st          Promoted as champions
2020       Sud América            Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          2nd          Intermedio winners, Playoff finalists
2021       Sud América            Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          n/a          Intermedio finalists, left in October
2021       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          2nd          Started job in October
2022       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          1st          Playoff winners
2023       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          1st          Intermedio winners
2024       Colo Colo              Chile      Primera División             2nd          Copa Libertadores finalists
2025       Colo Colo              Chile      Primera División             1st          Copa Chile winners
2026       Colo Colo              Chile      Primera División             1st          Copa Chile, Copa Libertadores and CWC winners
2027       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      2nd          Carioca and Sul-Minas-Rio winners, Copa Libertadores finalists
2028       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio winners and Copa Libertadores finalists
2029       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Carioca winners, Sul-Minas-Rio and Copa Libertadores finalists
2030       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Carioca, Sul-Minas-Rio and Copa do Brasil winners, Copa Libertadores finalists
2031       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Carioca, Sul-Minas-Rio and Copa do Brasil winners, Copa Libertadores finalists
2032       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Copa do Brasil, CWC and Copa Libertadores winners, Carioca finalists
2033       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Carioca, Copa do Brasil, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
2034       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Carioca, Copa do Brasil, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
2035       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Carioca, Copa do Brasil, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
2036       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Carioca, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
2037       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Carioca, Copa do Brasil, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
2038       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Carioca, Copa do Brasil, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
Next Season:

I'm still under contract, but I'm not sure there's anything more I can do here. I'm not going to quit, but I'll be keeping an eye out for any interesting opportunities elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Dexter_Morgan said:

I feel for you mate :D The number of times i've had to play cup games in international weeks and end up with greyed out players is unreal :D How many games are you going to be like that for? 

Another 7 matches :eek:

6 hours ago, kidthekid said:

wow. Is the league in jeopardy? 

It's quite early on in the season, but I'm guessing we will have a bit of catching up to do.

We had won 5/5, but we've slipped down to 2nd after those two losses.

This save is something else.. When I have to play 3 games in one week I'm already frustrated, but to see that many matches + players away on international duty's. :eek:

Just now, kingjericho said:

Did those results influence at all the board confidence?

It dropped during the losses, but not enough to put my job at risk.

I did get a few news articles questioning our form, but that was about it.

Just now, decapitated said:

I enjoyed reading this thread. Did you ever consider loading editor data files for the other South American nations and for lower leagues that are initially unplayable?

I've always avoided them as historically they haven't always been completely stable for long term games like this.

They are probably fine now, but I just don't want to risk it.

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 20:23, decapitated said:

To ask a 2nd question if thats ok, does David Adams have a dual nationality? He doesn't have a very Chilean name.

INrzHae.png

His only dual nationality is Brazilian, which he picked up while he was with me at Flamengo.

• 3 weeks later...

JFwyXJ0.png
Flamengo - Campeonato Brasileiro Chevrolet Série A - 2039

As the dominance continued, it had me on the lookout for a new challenge.

League Table - the international callups accounted for six of the defeats, but we did lose one with a strong team.

Recopa Santander Sudamericana - this was all over after the first leg.

Campeonato Carioca - a perfect set of wins and only one goal conceded.

Liga Sul-Minas-Rio - we won the final despite missing a number of first team players.

Copa Continental Pneus do Brasil - we had done enough in the first leg to make up for the international callups in the second.

Copa Bridgestone Libertadores - we hit ten twice, but the final was much harder work.

FIFA Club World Cup - we continued our dominance over the Europeans.

Squad - the squad is pretty much perfect.

Transfers - two of my old Colo Colo players left as I signed a European midfielder.

Finances - minted.

Key Player Profiles:

Zidane - he was incredible.

Christopher Cohen - he has made a case to be our second striker.

Peder Hermo - our new signing.

Roberto Medina - our joint most valuable player.

Dragoljub Pajic - our other superb winger.

Career Overview:

2038       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Carioca, Copa do Brasil, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
2039       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Carioca, Copa do Brasil, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
Next Season:

No interesting jobs turned up during the year, so I'm going to carry on here while I'm under contract. If something interesting turns up I may quit, otherwise I've got three years left.

There's really nothing more to say here other than the domination has reached quite incredible levels. 8 consecutive Libertadores and CWC wins. :D I don't think I've ever seen that before, not even in your own careers.

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 08:41, Dexter_Morgan said:

I bet that was one of your most rewarding of the 8 titles wins considering what went on :D only 47 against too considering the 10-0's isn't that bad if you take those defeats away as well :D Well done :applause:

It was a bit weird, for a while I was worrying about my job being on the line but then the title was secured easily. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Marbah said:

wow, what a thread man

please do update us :D 

the Brazilians are just insane :D

Thanks!

I've not played FM for a while, so I'm not really sure if this save will be played again before FM19. 

15 hours ago, dafuge said:

Thanks!

I've not played FM for a while, so I'm not really sure if this save will be played again before FM19. 

ha, understandable :) can you upload the save somewhere? would love to take it for a spin :)

2 hours ago, Marbah said:

ha, understandable :) can you upload the save somewhere? would love to take it for a spin :)

Once I know I'm not going to play it again I'm happy to upload it, although that could be when FM19 is released.

Just give me a reminder if we get to that point and I still haven't done it.

• 1 month later...

JFwyXJ0.png
Flamengo - Campeonato Brasileiro Chevrolet Série A - 2040

It has been nearly four months since I last completed a season, so this one has been played in bits over that time. Back in May I was planning on finishing my contract here and then moving on, but I've just not spent the time on the game to make that happen.

League Table - it was a pretty standard season as we cruised to the title but dropped a few games while rotating and missing players.

Recopa Santander Sudamericana - this was all over after the first leg.

Campeonato Carioca - one defeat, but it didn't stop us lifting the trophy.

Liga Sul-Minas-Rio - we came very close to defeat, but turned on the style in the later rounds.

Copa Continental Pneus do Brasil - we made easy work of this one.

Copa Bridgestone Libertadores - we were missing 15 players for the first leg, but we kept it close enough to recover to make it nine in a row.

FIFA Club World Cup - once again, we dominated our European opposition.

Squad - it is almost impossible to improve this squad.

Transfers - a huge profit thanks to two bargain purchases.

Finances - far too much money to spend.

Key Player Profiles:

Rodrigo - a different top scorer this season.

Christopher Cohen - winning the title of best South African in Brazil.

Dragoljub Pajic - he's responded brilliantly to the competition for his place.

Ntokozo Vilakazi - the second best South African in Brazil.

Liam McManus - this was a huge signing as I managed to bring a Scot to Brazil.

Career Overview:

2039       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Carioca, Copa do Brasil, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
2040       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio, Carioca, Copa do Brasil, CWC, Recopa and Copa Libertadores winners
Next Season:

I doubt there will be a next season, but if I do carry on it will just be to see out the last two years on my contract.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived