Plea to make the game playable for Mac users!

The removal of the option to change rendering mode to cpu only is making the game unplayable on Mac. Macs have such limited gpu capability I can't see why you would do it. I do not want to run a game which makes my laptop get to unbelievable temperatures. I could cook an egg on my laptop its that bad. Bought football manager for years and now for the first time considering returning the game. My Mpb is a 2017 model and yes I turn retina off and put graphics on minimum. I had the same issue last year until I changed rending from gpu assisted to cpu only. Can't do that now. Doesn't make sense why they would remove it. 

4 minutes ago, 04ambroj said:

The removal of the option to change rendering mode to cpu only is making the game unplayable on Mac. Macs have such limited gpu capability I can't see why you would do it. I do not want to run a game which makes my laptop get to unbelievable temperatures. I could cook an egg on my laptop its that bad. Bought football manager for years and now for the first time considering returning the game. My Mpb is a 2017 model and yes I turn retina off and put graphics on minimum. I had the same issue last year until I changed rending from gpu assisted to cpu only. Can't do that now. Doesn't make sense why they would remove it. 

The CPU only mode was hampering the game's development because all code had to be adapted to a completely outdated mode. Macs are not designed for gaming and make up a tiny percentage of the market for FM - you can't expect them to prioritise 1% of players over the other 99%.

I see your point but I'd think you would be surprised at how many people actually play on Mac. Certainly a lot more than what you are portraying. After all, why make the game Mac compatible in the first place. They will lose the majority of users. Im no coding expert but it seems prudent to at least format the game for Mac in a way which enables a cpu only mode. I imagine they have to 'adapt' the coding for Mac users anyway to enable them to play it.

9 minutes ago, 04ambroj said:

I see your point but I'd think you would be surprised at how many people actually play on Mac. Certainly a lot more than what you are portraying. After all, why make the game Mac compatible in the first place. They will lose the majority of users. Im no coding expert but it seems prudent to at least format the game for Mac in a way which enables a cpu only mode. I imagine they have to 'adapt' the coding for Mac users anyway to enable them to play it.

CPU rendering is not coming back. It could be worth posting in technical issues though to see if it's right how hot your machine's getting and whether there's anything they could do about it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • KUBI locked this topic

Archived