Billericay Town Youth Challenge - New Lodge to Nou Camp

I am managing Billericay in Dafuge challenge this season. What strikes me after a few seasons is the boards unwillingness to spend money for youth. This might be a real tough task, at least in the beginning. You should also look into your start up team. I started twice and there was a lot of difference in the two startups as to which of the starting players who stayed at the club. Did you load players so the club start with original players?

4 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

I am managing Billericay in Dafuge challenge this season. What strikes me after a few seasons is the boards unwillingness to spend money for youth. This might be a real tough task, at least in the beginning. You should also look into your start up team. I started twice and there was a lot of difference in the two startups as to which of the starting players who stayed at the club. Did you load players so the club start with original players?

I am now on my 3rd attempt at starting this challenge and i've had the same players every time. I assume they are the real players.

I set the game up  with the settings recommended for the Youth Challenge.

What formation are you using if you don't mind me asking?

I am currently running a 5-2-1-2, it's defensively very solid and i seem to create a lot of chances, but have a problem actually finishing them :(

I use an Attacking, Fluid 4-3-3 formation with 3 central strikers. It suits me, but I can buy/sign players since I am not playing youth challenge. But in order to have success with your youth players who will not be very good the first few seasons, I think its important for you to keep some of the players at the club when you start.

You should look if you have players like:

Ricky Modeste
Jamie O'Hara
Rob Swaines

Maybe also Jermaine Pennant and a few others....

Yeah i have all 3. Although I don't play Pennant. He doesn't fit my tactic.

This is my own tactic and it's starting to take shape, i think with a few tweaks I will get it firing properly.

I've seen in the tactics forum there seems to be a few 4-3-3 this year, that might be the way to go this year.

Like you say it will be hard for me trying to fill my tactic, will have to be extremely lucky and get some good youth prospects, especially since I am using a sweeper!

10 hours ago, Gareth Winter said:

Fired again :(

Just cannot get any sort of consistency with tactics. 

Going to try my trusty 4-1-3-2 and give it one more go!

I would definitely get rid of the Sweeper, but would try the 4-3-3 if you have players for that material. It will be difficult though, even when signing new players I got fired at the first attempt, only in my second attempt I was successful. 

1 hour ago, TheEarl said:

I would definitely get rid of the Sweeper, but would try the 4-3-3 if you have players for that material. It will be difficult though, even when signing new players I got fired at the first attempt, only in my second attempt I was successful. 

The problem with 4-3-3 is that I only have 4 strikers in the first place!

14 minutes ago, Gareth Winter said:

The problem with 4-3-3 is that I only have 4 strikers in the first place!

I understand, I try to keep it at 5, but still with 4 I would run it in 4-3-3 and have a second backup formation for injuries/player rotation... Just my tip though ;)

2 hours ago, TheEarl said:

I understand, I try to keep it at 5, but still with 4 I would run it in 4-3-3 and have a second backup formation for injuries/player rotation... Just my tip though ;)

Yeah might try 4-3-3 and backup of 4-1-3-2 or something, will have a tinker when i get home later

Wooooohoo, won the league! It went right down to the wire.

Will record a full summary tomorrow. As a result of winning the league, we are looking to build a new stadium and the chairman has invested £1.2 million :) However I have been unable to improve any of my youth setup :(

Watch this space for a video tomorrow :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived