Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

On 20/08/2024 at 14:44, Caiowulf said:

Hi. I looked everywhere and tried several times but I can't do this. I want to create a Cup in my country for Youth teams. Mimicking the National Cup but for all Reserve Teams and U20 teams. I have created several competitions and leagues and youth teams competitions, but I cannot do it this way. 
What I want to have is like a FA Cup but played only with U20 teams. I mean, still having the national cup and adding this new cup for youths.
Is there a tutorial, article, post or video I can follow to understand what am I doing wrong? When creating cups I have no options to set them for youth teams and when creating youth competitions I can only do them per division (Cup or League), not a national one. 

Hey mate, I've been looking to do the same for my NI league build for years and haven't ever figured it out. What I THINK you need to do is not use the automated 'Reserve/Youth' league approach and actually make standalone reserve competitions to put the teams into then create the cups from them. I've only just got FM24 today so looking into this if I get anywhere with it I will drop you a note.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 06/09/2024 at 17:14, eXistenZ said:

How do you get CA and PA to show up in the pregame editor? I made columns for them and I can sort from high to low, but the numbers themselfs arent there:

image.png.8138330e6331540cc80539d7ab7e6b31.png

Same if you look at the man city team, so itsnot because these

Hey that's odd, I've tried your same filter here mate and I am getting the numbers back. |What I would say is make sure you have the right columns. I have here in my screen shot Official Attributes > Current Abilility' underlined in red then 'Player Attributes > Current Ability' underlined in blue. The 'Player Attributes' ones do return so I think if you have players filter on 'Player' then use the 'Player Attributes' columns then the 'Official' ones are maybe for Refs?

image.png.57015e38a30c3c98b924088662524aa8.png

image.thumb.png.200c836b0c5b99c06c3b3b74148874c6.png

Edited by MuVortez

8 hours ago, MuVortez said:

Hey that's odd, I've tried your same filter here mate and I am getting the numbers back. |What I would say is make sure you have the right columns. I have here in my screen shot Official Attributes > Current Abilility' underlined in red then 'Player Attributes > Current Ability' underlined in blue. The 'Player Attributes' ones do return so I think if you have players filter on 'Player' then use the 'Player Attributes' columns then the 'Official' ones are maybe for Refs?

I wasnt on player attributes, you're correct

Might not exactly be a simple question per se given that it might not've been done much, but you never know. Basically:

1. Is it possible for B teams to play in a league in a country that is different from the main team?
  2. Is it possible for said B team to qualify for Europe if the main team does as well?

The idea here is that rather than trying to have the main teams change country/leagues at a future date (which seems like a huge headache in itself) to instead use their B teams in the so-called 'lesser' league. The primary example I was thinking was to have the Welsh teams enter their B teams (with limitations of course) in the Welsh system, but it could also be useful for a potential separate Catalan league system I was considering*.

Is it doable?

* - The idea being to have Barcelona, Espanyol, Girona and possibly Gimnastic de Tarragona remain in La Liga but their B teams in the league of a Catalonia that has unified with Andorra, taking their spot in UEFA/FIFA (and sneakily avoiding the limitations of the game when it comes to creating new nations, particularly in regards to their name pools).