Missing Files for FM Editor 2018

adineen98

9 minutes ago, KUBI said:

You need to put them into the game directory, not editor directory.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Just to clarify as to what I want to do, I want to edit some entries within the the database ui files that will allow me to add and edit regions and nations. I'm not looking to use files in game

databaseui.thumb.png.47833693f66afe24748a21919115a3c1.png

These are the equivalent files I would like access to, but they are not in my FM18 editor file directory

1 minute ago, adineen98 said:

How would I do that? I've never used the resource archiver

It's in steam/tools, easy to do, you just need to extract the file in a different directory than the original file.

7 minutes ago, KUBI said:

It's in steam/tools, easy to do, you just need to extract the file in a different directory than the original file.

I'm using the archiver now, but when I select the any of the two directories I want to extract, the load button is greyed out

Okay, I've run into another problem. I want to add new regions so I changed the "false" values to "true" in the allow_add and allow_remove lines in the db record list directory, however I still can't add or remove regions in the editor :mad:

localregions.thumb.png.4542be0fb32537690d2855e84fe2a928.png

• 2 months later...

Hi guys. Followed the instructions above but now my editor seems to be completely broken. Only loads a black screen. I've tried uninstalling and deleting all the folders, and reinstalling, but I fear I've messed something up.

I had the same issue. Followed the instructions, messed something up. FM editor would then load with a black screen. Had to do a total removal of all FM files/folders and then reinstall before I could get editor to work again. Lesson; only follow the instructions for comp editor.fmf if you know what you are doing... I obviously don't!  

Archived