FM General Performance

I raised this on various other FM forums but figured it would be a good idea to ask the team, are there any plans to improve simulation performance? Every year that part of the game does not improve, and it's kinda insane that even with a £4000 gaming rig, the simulation for a season with just the main nations loaded is still very slow.

As a programmer, what the game is doing computationally is not that complicated, and could be heavily optimised to make breaks between days be nearly instant. Is this a priority for the team?

Cheers,

//np

Definitely an issue, i'm only running England so I can switch my save between my gaming rig and my windows tablet on my commute and there are noticeable delays even on the gaming rig and not just on transfer days.  In my mind its an optimization issue. 

The speed in the Beta was atrocious. 

Their is still a few snags like having to click on a role to change it like 2 times or so. 

I have Italy, Spain, England and France loaded with 24,000 database size and my laptop runs it comfortably. My only moans are even with extended processing periods, I still have to press continue everyday and 3d is unplayable for me as it looks like minecraft on very low settings (experience from beta, not tested on full-game).

I've complained about optimization a few times, but always got the impression it's not really an issue for SI. I've seen many people with top notch rigs having problems running 3D engine on anything other than medium, while they run the most graphically demanding games out there on the highest settings. I won't even go into processing speed.

As a systems programmer its incredibly frustrating because if you compare FM to any major strategy game, the amount of computation it has to do is at least an order of magnitude (without getting into AI stuff). 

My computer, which runs machine learning stock trading algorithms at high frequency, has been sim-ing all day with  just the 4 major leagues and has gotten up to 2033.

If all they announced as a feature for next year was a data update and it was up to par with the rest of the industry, I'd gladly pay more for it.  

11 hours ago, nangaparbat said:

Having monitored it for the last couple of hours, the game isn't even using more than 10% of my CPU whilst simulating...

8% on mine. 8%. And I am getting the jerky graphics and UI issue ... and I cannot believe one is not connected to the other.

On 13/11/2017 at 08:16, bennytee said:

Definitely an issue, i'm only running England so I can switch my save between my gaming rig and my windows tablet on my commute and there are noticeable delays even on the gaming rig and not just on transfer days.  In my mind its an optimization issue. 

Or even fully using the CPU?

On 15/11/2017 at 12:21, bennytee said:

The best way I can describe it is lag. 

It doesn’t seem to matter how many leagues etc are running it’s just not smooth 

I write algorithms that simulate way more than the FM world (financial trading). I don't understand why it's so hard when so many other games have figured it out. 

Archived