FM18: Leeds Utd - MOT

Davidcc

This is my second attempt at a save with Leeds on FM18.

My first attempt saw some rookie mistakes (changing expectations to finish in Play Offs, rather than stay in mid table), and a fair amount of time getting to grips with the squad. I struggled with a straightforward 4-2-3-1 with inside forwards until mid October, by which time I was languishing in the bottom half of the table. We created plenty of chances, but were consistently unable to put them away. I wanted to change to enable two up-front, and did so with a 4-3-1-2, and instantly saw improving results, moving back up the table in the process.

Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to make the Play Offs, and I was sacked in April, just as I was planning for my second season.

Still, I'd grown attached to the squad, which has plenty of potential, and with the romance of returning Leeds to the top flight, I decided to head back in, and began my second save.

Like others, I started by clearing out the backroom, retaining only the DoF, Chief Scout and GK Coach. I sent Lasogga & Pennington back, bringing in Ajer on loan from Celtic for CB and DM cover, and picked up Haidara from Newcastle as an upgrade at leftback (he's transfer listed at the start and can be picked up for a total of £2m incl. add-ons) and David Davis from Birmingham as an energetic and powerful BWM.

Switching to a strikerless formation, I've eventually settled on 4-1-2-1-2, or 442 Diamond as the game calls it. I tried to get rid of Dallas and Sacko (no takers in the summer window), and retrained Alioski & Cibicki as False 9s. My midfield anchor is set to BWM (s) or DLP (d), depending on opponents, with the central Carrilero & Mezzala. The '10' plays as an AM, as I find that's best for getting in the box and getting in the goals, with an F9 and CF or AF up top.

The width comes from the full backs, who I set to CWB, and also the central two midfielders, who are set to 'Run wide with ball', and the F9, who is free to roam. I've conceded a fair few goals from wide, but I've had to accept that comes with the territory of playing with such a shape.

At the half way point, I sit 4th in the league. I was enjoying a spell in the automatic places until injuries to Saiz, Ayling and Haidara - essentially 3 of my 4 key players, saw a run of 4 defeats, and a slide down to 7th. A couple of wins on the bounce has seen me climb back up, but it's extremely tight.

What I have learnt so far - Kemar Roofe performs well as a CF in the Championship, and leads the league's goalscoring charts with 14 goals. Saiz is a magician as AM, leading the league with 10 assists and a 7.25 ave rating. It's taken some time with Alioski, but I feel it's getting there with his new role. Vieira broke his leg early in to the season, so I'm disappointed that I've not got to use him in central mid.

It's interesting how long the team took to gel, it wasn't until 10 games in that they started to click, after I started the season with 7 debutants in the 1st team (I only made 3 signings, but a lot of the squad are new as is). It seems that's a real feature of this edition of FM 18, and will be something I bear in mind for future seasons and transfer windows - if you plan to make wholesales changes, then book yourself a lot of friendlies.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning guys, my yearly Leeds saves in full swing

Decided to try keep the squad as real as possible, so first transfer window disabled

Left Victor Orta to bring in some loans,more out of interest in his targets than necessity. He brought in Bonifazi , Fede Varela, and Ralston. All decent back up but I rarely used them.

Played a high tempo ,tough tackling, high pressing Attacking 4231 

Results were  good then after a really bad patch in October/ November switched to Counter results improved and never looked back

Title was won with 104 points , Wolves second on 95

Read on this thread about Lasogga being poor for some coupled with high wages i had my doubts also. He was shocking for me ,initially injured,then when fit missing absolute sitters but percevered with him through lack of options and surely he cant be so bad

He eventually clicked and repaid me with 29 goals, Roofe 16 and Alioski 14

Had a Saiz or Hernandez No 10 dilemma until Saiz broke his ankle and was out 5 months

January transfer window came around, no departures but due to Saiz been out I brought in Shoya Nakajima for £425,000 and Lewis Morgan £95,000

Found Nakajima (while looking for the guy from Japan Leeds have signed IRL.  Pace, vision, flair, technique.  Man of the Match and put one in the top corner on his debut, bitched and moaned ever since !

Starting 11 for majority of the season

Wiedewald

Ayling - Jansson - Cooper - Borthwick Jackson

Anita (Vieira) - O'Kane

Alioski - Hernandez -Roofe (Nakajima)

Lasogga 

Notable mentions to Alioski ( Championship Player of Year) and O'Kane ( Supporters Player of Year )

New season in the Premier League dawns ,told the squad no major changes they'll get their chance 

£35 million budget and due to loan departures desperately need

Left back - a priority - Charlie Taylor in for £10m

Centre Back - Brazilian Murilo Cerquiera in for £8.5m to challenge Cooper and young Ezri Konsa £4.5m for the future

Striker - Lasogga asking way too much in wages so in comes Nelson Oliveira from Norwich for £11m 

Got some irons in the fire and some tempting offers on the table regarding sales ...............back soon..........hopefully with Lewis Cook !

Evening all.

Took me a long time to properly get into a save this year - I'll be honest, this will be the last time I buy the game pre-christmas - I personally found the ME changes far too extreme from Beta to 18.2.1.

Anyway, first season was quite straightforward, won the league breaking records all over the place - these were the final transfers.

image.thumb.png.827e225a9bc3e228eafa5597436d4b8e.png

Bryan was brought in to cover Gersbach at LB after I sent Borthwick Jackson back.  Lasogga was sent back without playing a game so Roofe carried the sole forward role for nearly all of the season.  I managed to get Pellegri after some budget shuffling (and selling Klich and O'Kane).

Jorge is an absolute steal (£3.1m is his release clause at the start of the game) - I think he's pretty special and wouldn't be surprised if he stays for a long time.

Alioski and Saiz were the star men, supported very well by Roofe and Cibicki.

image.thumb.png.86ae04545ed9a7a970f436750d4ff308.pngimage.thumb.png.5f346ecd77da642fb25220b19461131a.png

Won the league with 116 points and was knocked out of the cups by Man City and Spurs, so no disgrace there.  Second post coming up with S2 transfers so far...

For some reason the board want mid table premier league - so it might be a struggle to save my job - seems a little harsh with just £30m to spend.

As per normal I've banked on potential in my signings, Cutrone has a £20m option to buy in his loan.

image.thumb.png.bf6c64aad6493b68488818a0aa1b0a13.png

I still have most of my £30m left - but wages have been hiked up.  Am short in a couple of positions, notably CB (Tried for Lemos but he wants 90k per week, no chance).

Let me know what you think, any suggestions for signings from those who have got further are more than welcome...

On 01/01/2018 at 20:25, macca72 said:

For some reason the board want mid table premier league - so it might be a struggle to save my job - seems a little harsh with just £30m to spend.

As per normal I've banked on potential in my signings, Cutrone has a £20m option to buy in his loan.

I still have most of my £30m left - but wages have been hiked up.  Am short in a couple of positions, notably CB (Tried for Lemos but he wants 90k per week, no chance).

Let me know what you think, any suggestions for signings from those who have got further are more than welcome...

My first season in the prem, I managed to sign Leon Goretzka for free! Although on 95k a week.

Other standout signings include Moussa Dembele from Celtic, Maxi Romero, Miguel Trauco, Diekmeier (free) and Simone Verdi (loan)

I really wanna start a Leeds save soon, but I'm worried about the economy and wondering how all of you managed to sign those players at the start of the game, with the transfer- and wage budget available? Did you change season expectations, or cancel some loans that gave you money?

Finished the first season last night, Promoted via the play offs against Barnsley of all teams. 

Lots of injuries around March time stopped me getting automatic promotion. It was all too little too late by the time my players had come back. 

Managed to get Eduardo Sasha for 1.5 million (he was transfer listed). He finished up with 32 goals and was by far the best player. 

Lewis Cook came in January, although he was injured for a month, he scored the vital play off final goal. The rest of the signings are below. Managed to raise quite abit of money in the end. 

On to the Prem, told the board I will avoid relegation, and they gave me 34 million and I have around 111k free wage. (not a lot at all). I have found it very frustrating that most of my key players all requested a new contract after promotion, eating into my wage budget a lot, But I have 111k free now to try and get some quality in.

Tried for Gruezo but he failed work permit. I have no idea who I'm going to bring in. Cutrone has already left Milan and will not come on loan. So I'm very much open to suggestion as to who to get.... 

Signings.png

Furthermore, I was very dissapointed with both Alioski and Saiz. Neither of them did anything special. Stuart Dallas was one of my stand out performers. 

My scouts only have Jorge at 3 stars... Unsure to move him on or give him a chance. 

Staff wise I also have no idea who to bring in. My staff are the ones who I started with so some guidance on that front would be appreciated too. 

Right so after my game not reloading last time I have started again! 

Preseason - As expect really no major shocks!

Injury Alert - Hernandez out for a little while

Loaned in Dominic Calvert-Lewin from Everton who scored in the 3-0 opening day fixture vs Bolton (Flint also scores on his debut in that game)

Onwards we go!!! MOT!!!

Leeds United_  Overview.png

Leeds United_  Senior Fixtures.png

Leeds United_  Transfer History.png

Leeds United_  Transfer History-2.png

2 hours ago, js150 said:

Hi All, bit late in getting the game this year, just getting up and running.

Am I missing something?  Can't see an option to cancel Lassoga's loan?  Can it only be done after a certain date?

I believe it’s the 1st of July mate, when the window opens around Europe. 

I also found on this date asking your Director of Football about potential loans/transfers shows you some great players that are interested in joining.

On 01/01/2018 at 20:25, macca72 said:

Can't really do any better than Rajkovic Macca and I like Gruezo a lot. I've realised that you can actually sign him at game start for £4.2 - £4.4M but he does ask for decent wages.

As I mentioned, I've re-started too. Looking back at my first save I signed the following for the Premiership:

Rajkovic (£4.8M), Eder Alvarez Balanta DC Basel (£4.6m), Paulo Diaz DC/R San Lorenzo (£3.5M), Guillermo Valera DR Penarol (£1.4M), Frank Fabra DL Boca (£2.1M), Alison DM SAN (£2.1M), Dragos Nedelcu DM/DC FCSB (£2.7M), Gruezo (£5M), Sebastian Perez MC Boca (£2.4M), Keegan Dolly AML Montpellier (£850K min release fee), Diego Reyes DC FCP (£450K, wouldn't entertain an offer as his contract runs down but would negotiate once a fee was agreed, Jefferson Lerma MC Levante (£6M), Ramiro DR/MR/AMR, DM GRE (£4.5M), Nahuel Leiva AML Villarreal (free), Joel Campbell AML Arsenal free.

Of these, if you can land them, I'd recommend Reyes, Campbell & Leiva. Then I'd look at Paulo Diaz, Nedelcu, Ramiro.

Macca's signing of Pellegri gave me a thought. The following players can be signed at game start:

Jose Maria Amo DC Sevilla (£300k minimum release fee) but you have to get him to immediately accept the offer or he'll re-sign with Sevilla.

Daniel Bracanga DM Sporting (£700K) comes easily enough if you offer a rotation contract.

Vittorio Vigolo ST AC Milan (£775K), again offer a rotation contract.

Tobias Svendsen AML Molde (varies around £300-£400k), offer a rotation contract.

All have massive potential.

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 20:21, macca72 said:

Evening all.

Took me a long time to properly get into a save this year - I'll be honest, this will be the last time I buy the game pre-christmas - I personally found the ME changes far too extreme from Beta to 18.2.1.

Anyway, first season was quite straightforward, won the league breaking records all over the place - these were the final transfers.

image.thumb.png.827e225a9bc3e228eafa5597436d4b8e.png

Bryan was brought in to cover Gersbach at LB after I sent Borthwick Jackson back.  Lasogga was sent back without playing a game so Roofe carried the sole forward role for nearly all of the season.  I managed to get Pellegri after some budget shuffling (and selling Klich and O'Kane).

Jorge is an absolute steal (£3.1m is his release clause at the start of the game) - I think he's pretty special and wouldn't be surprised if he stays for a long time.

Alioski and Saiz were the star men, supported very well by Roofe and Cibicki.

image.thumb.png.86ae04545ed9a7a970f436750d4ff308.pngimage.thumb.png.5f346ecd77da642fb25220b19461131a.png

Won the league with 116 points and was knocked out of the cups by Man City and Spurs, so no disgrace there.  Second post coming up with S2 transfers so far...

Did you use Saiz & Alioski as inside forwards then?

6 hours ago, Nicko Blaggo said:

Macca's signing of Pellegri gave me a thought. The following players can be signed at game start:

Jose Maria Amo DC Sevilla (£300k minimum release fee) but you have to get him to immediately accept the offer or he'll re-sign with Sevilla.

Daniel Bracanga DM Sporting (£700K) comes easily enough if you offer a rotation contract.

Vittorio Vigolo ST AC Milan (£775K), again offer a rotation contract.

Tobias Svendsen AML Molde (varies around £300-£400k), offer a rotation contract.

All have massive potential.

I went for both Vigolo and Amo, but both re-signed with their clubs, despite me offering them the best I could. 

18 hours ago, Gungner said:

I went for both Vigolo and Amo, but both re-signed with their clubs, despite me offering them the best I could. 

I got lucky with Vigolo then as the AI (presumably) didn't offer him a new contract at AC Milan. Amo always re-signs at Sevilla unless you get him to immediately accept the offer (once the contract is agreed gradually improve it in £100 increments until the agent says "that is a very acceptable offer"). 

titlebadges.png

Good Evening All, finally got round to starting a proper Leeds United save for the latest installment of FM.Started previously but due to been busy at work and such it kind of fell onto the back burner and it only felt right to start again...

I've decided on a few rules that I'm going to follow for this save to keep things interesting / see if success can be had with a fully Home Grown Squad. And to prepare for the inevitable Brexit that will happen around the end of the 2nd season (I'm lead to believe). The rules are simple and will be as follows:

- Each player that will be signed either for the first team or youths to progress through are required to be Home Grown or English. (Existing Players of non HG or other nationalities can remain until offers come in / They are transfer listed or Contracts expire)

- Each member of staff that will be hired will again be English. (As above current staff of other nationalities can remain until their contracts expire of they are poached by another team)

With that in mind the first act as Leeds Manger will be to Mutually terminate the contract of Julio Bañuelos and bring in Glynn Snodin. The rest of the backroom staff will also be getting a overhaul as below:

Staff_changes.png

The second was to sell all of the clauses on Luke Garbutts transfer to Everton. He doesn't look as good this year and I believe the money could be of more use now at this early stage. 

So Far only one transfer in mostly in installments. Max Lowe from Derby a 20 Year old English left back who the scouts say has great potential. Also working on bringing in Dael Fry from Middlesborough but Gary Monk is having none of it at the minute.

Transfers.png

Tactic wise I'm going to be adopting a 4231 with the 2 midfielders been DM's. 

Will report back in January on what progress has been made.

Nice work JJ, look forward to your update.

I'm bowing out for a while, I can't watch this ME any more (just my humble opinion of course) but the defending / crossing / AI response is such a mess I'm done until the next patch.

titlebadges.png

Quiet Saturday night in and a few hours on a Sunday morning mean the January Transfer window has come round quicker than I expected...

One thing I noticed before the first transfer window closed was that the club lacked any Team Leaders on the new Squad Dynamics. Decided to Gamble on an older Home Grown player to see if age and a high leadership stat meant they would be highly influential straight away. Stumble upon old Millwall & Everton Legend Tim Cahill and a bid of £150k was accepted. Could probably get him cheaper but my first offer was accepted. He performed brilliantly in his first 7 games picking up 4 goals and 1 assist but he picked up a 3-4 month achilles tendon injury in his 7th game and obviously hasn't been available since which has been a big disappointment. With his arrival however Lassoga was sent packing.

Tactic wise I have had to adapt massively due to injuries and poor form. The 4231 I tried to set up for myself started off poorly, we lost in the first stage of Carabao cup and got 6 wins, 4 draws and 2 loses in the first 12 games in the league. Not really the start I had in mind. Due to injuries to Roofe, Cahill, Allioski - I decided to give one of Knapp's strikerless tactics ago (WOF 3430) and haven't looked back since. Pablo Hernandez and Samu Saiz excelled in this formation shooting us up the league currently sitting in 2nd 3 points behind Hull City.

3430.png

Top_8.png

Pablo Hernandez played that well that he was attracting interest from the likes of Stoke, Swansea, Everton. Bids of £2.8 Million came in and been Non-HG he had to go no matter how good he was performing. Besides I felt an aging Pablo probably wasn't going to attract interest forever. He decided to see if he could perform to the same standard on a cold rainy night in Stoke? :brock: A number of other players were also sold to try and grab money when I could.

A couple of youngsters were brought in on Loan in most notably Ben Woodburn from Liverpool who is straight into the team. Danny Ward and Harlee Dean were brought in on permanent deals to improve the squad. No transfer funds left and 15k left in the wage budget meant no further reinforcements could be made so thats me for the rest of the season. Full Transfer info below.

January_Transfers.png

Now just need to maintain our current position for the rest of the season with a fairly young squad and see if we can bring in some better home grown talent with another transfer window, hopefully as a Premiership club...

Cannot believe it, after 10 games, second season, I am currently sat 4th in the premier league, beating Liverpool 4-1 along the way. 

I really struggled to get any of the players mentioned in here, and with only 30 million and not very many wages left due to my current players wanting improved deals i had to make signings over a few installments. 

I have stuck with my squad mainly. I brought in Aaron Mooy from Huddersfield (relegated) and Ryan Shawcross from Stoke (relegated) but both were quite pricey however have both been brilliant so far. I also added a right back by the name of Pascal Stenzel. He was fairly cheap and has slotted in well so far. 

Allioski has been far better for me so far this season, However valued at 15 million and Leicester sniffing round he could be on his way. 

Finances were looking to be a problem but with the amount of times we are on the tele they are looking better now and improving all the time. I have 100k (roughly) of wages available and 5 million due to selling Kalvin Phillips and Luke Murphy. 

I have stayed with the same tactic, but I have dropped O Kane from the midfield and moved in Viera behind Mooy. so its a 4 1 1 3 1. Viera adding that bit of steel at CDM. 

Loans i have brought in are Kasey Palmer (Chelsea) who has been absolutely first class looking to sign him and Dominic Calvert Lewin who hasnt kicked a ball yet (backup). 

The biggest relevation so far though has been the development of Kun Temenuzhkov (academy) who is really pushing Eduardo Sasha for a first place. They both sit on 5 goals so far. 

Edit: 6th after 11 games :D

Here are a few screenshots. 

League.jpg

Squad.jpg

KUN.jpg

Finances.jpg

Signings Prem.jpg

My first season with Leeds nearly 'fell apart' - after sitting top of the table and being 8 points clear at the turn of the year I ended up nearly falling out of the playoffs with 3 games to go. Luckily I picked up the results and missed out on promotion on goal difference by three goals (finishing on 82 points). I beat Sunderland in the semis before a 2-1  in in the final against QPR.

blob.thumb.png.69376b8cd6ea3809f74cf35abef310bd.png

Transfer wise there was little going out, Lasogga had his loan cancelled in August before the same fate fell upon Pennington and CBJ in January. Flint started well but ended up being replaced by Cooper in Feb, Rossi broke his leg on his debut and Haidara was garbage. 

Into the Prem with the standard 35m transfer kitty and I went for English players who wouldn't want to leave after a poor season - Hugill and Ojo have been immense! I found it hard to shift players on so a number are out on loan with fees agreed in advance.

blob.thumb.png.a4202f4b0baa99f2f97f2b3d72dd3641.png

Paletta and Radu have barely had a sniff and been cover at best.

With 9 games to go I'm currently 5th in the leg (2 points above Liverpool, City and Bournemouth who all have a game in hand). Bar a 6-0 hammering at Old Trafford I've done well against top sides, with wins at Spurs and Man City and doing the double over Chelsea. My next two are Man United at home and Liverpool away so a win in either would be huge before my last seven being against teams in the bottom half.

Tactically I'm looking like this

blob.thumb.png.181d91b411e55b0dd28bd1b6ae74dbb1.png

Planning for the summer I'm working on signing Ryan Sessesgnon (think may be able to nick him for 5m), before focusing on a keeper, centre forward and someone who can compete with Saiz in the 10 role. Resigning Ojo would be big too with his form

On 24/12/2017 at 00:53, jharrison1102 said:

This is my second attempt at a save with Leeds on FM18...

So, first season done, and it was a bit of a heartbreaker. I finished top scorer in the league with 80 goals, but my leaky narrow 4-4-2 diamond just let in too many against the better sides, and I missed out on automatic promotion by 5 points. That sent me in the play offs, where I crashed out 2-1 on aggregate to an in-form Boro.

Big thumbs up to Kemar Roofe who won the Championship Golden Boot with 30 strikes, and Saiz's very healthy 7.46 overall rating.

I'd been banking on promotion, and so most of my scouted targets were with that in mind, so I've been back to the drawing board somewhat.

Being handed a budget of £2m - most of which came from my January sales - I've shifted a lot of deadwood (for not a lot of money) as well as selling Alioski for £13m to Boro, after he requested to leave for a Prem team, which has left me with a decent transfer pot.

I've not spent big, as I know this squad is capable of automatic promotion, and have told the players that, though the board have only asked for a play-off finish. To combat my leaky defence, I'm going to train up a straight forward 3-5-2 formation which I'll be able to switch between my diamond fairly easily, giving me more cover for my flying wing-backs.

Needed extra numbers at the back, I've picked up Ben Sheaf from Arsenal as a decent BPD for just £375k, and extended Ajer's loan by another season. Replacing Alioski, I've picked up Bersant Celina from Man City for £1.5m, though I'll be giving Cibicki the chance to partner Roofe from the start of the season. I've added in Marc Gual (£500k) from Seville as another option up-front, and loaned Allesio Miceli from Inter, with a future fee agreed at £2.5m - he's an 18 year old with excellent stats as a DLP or Roaming Playmaker further forward, who'll fit in nicely with my two preferred formations.

Everton finished bottom of the Prem, and came down with Brighton and Huddersfield, so will be interesting how they fare in the Championship with a squad mostly in tact from that which took them down.

Heading in to January, changed my expectations from attempt to avoid, to mid table finish as im sitting around 10th. I have the leakiest defence in the division. 

I have 7 million to spend and 140k free wages to spend. Who can i get in to shore up the defence. 

Currently is Wiedwald, Haidara, Alliji, Shawcross, Jannson, Jorge, Cooper, Stenzel and Ayling. What can i do hmmmm....

Need quick replies if possible. 

I still play pontus and ayling in season 3 and in champions league. I had haderia in season 2. I bought a keeper (Nick Pope) and i guess you need a cb with pace or play a bit deeper if pontus and shawcross are your to cb's. 

So I won the Championship at a canter, couldn't seem to lose a game until about half way through the season, think I ended up only losing 5 in the end!

Also had a crazy run in the League cup, coming back from 3-1 down at half time against Man City, going on to 3-3 at full time, only to beat them 5-3 in extra time!  Then went on to beat Chelsea in the quarters only to lose against Palace in the two legged semi.

Think because we were flying in the League we over performed in the cup, taking confidence into the games, only thing I can think of.  Saying that Man City and Chelsea did field slightly weakened teams.

About to play my 1st game in the Premiership, here's my in's and out's from the past two seasons:

2017 / 2018

Untitled.thumb.png.c54dbfaf60179cd6f9bb1bcb17046bb9.png

2018 / 2019

Untitled1.thumb.png.56ab087e3997cd73e43cfac7bc2984ba.png

Brought Louis Thompson in to help with the homegrown quota.  Cucchietti should be pushing Wiedwald for his starting spot soon.

Here's what I think is my best team:

GK: Wiedwald

RB: Ayling

CB: Jansson

CB: Dede

LB: Gersbach

CM: Vieira

CM: Delph

AMR: Alioski

AMC: Saiz

AML: Sessegnon

ST: Cutrone

Subs: Cucchietti, Cooper, Berardi, Thompson, Philips, Cibicki, Gomaa, Svendsen, Roofe

I play Cutrone as a False 9 with Saiz as a Trequartista, trying to create a false 9, false 10 situation.  I used Roofe & Cibicki in the False 9 position last season, worked a treat for me so hoping Cutrone can keep it up in the Prem.

19 minutes ago, Leedsfan111 said:

Struggling to sign players in first window. Dede isn't even interested yet seen a lot of people sign him. Is it to do with your season expectation at the start or do you need to let orta negotiate for you?

My pre-season aim was playoffs so don't think so.  If I remember right he asked me to state a few things to convince him then after that asked for a pretty big wage (for the Championship).

Make sure you've got the right Dede also, 28 Brazilian CB.  Can't remember which team.

On 31/12/2017 at 09:17, hnp said:

Morning guys, my yearly Leeds saves in full swing

Decided to try keep the squad as real as possible, so first transfer window disabled

Left Victor Orta to bring in some loans,more out of interest in his targets than necessity. He brought in Bonifazi , Fede Varela, and Ralston. All decent back up but I rarely used them.

Played a high tempo ,tough tackling, high pressing Attacking 4231 

Results were  good then after a really bad patch in October/ November switched to Counter results improved and never looked back

Title was won with 104 points , Wolves second on 95

Read on this thread about Lasogga being poor for some coupled with high wages i had my doubts also. He was shocking for me ,initially injured,then when fit missing absolute sitters but percevered with him through lack of options and surely he cant be so bad

He eventually clicked and repaid me with 29 goals, Roofe 16 and Alioski 14

Had a Saiz or Hernandez No 10 dilemma until Saiz broke his ankle and was out 5 months

January transfer window came around, no departures but due to Saiz been out I brought in Shoya Nakajima for £425,000 and Lewis Morgan £95,000

Found Nakajima (while looking for the guy from Japan Leeds have signed IRL.  Pace, vision, flair, technique.  Man of the Match and put one in the top corner on his debut, bitched and moaned ever since !

Starting 11 for majority of the season

Wiedewald

Ayling - Jansson - Cooper - Borthwick Jackson

Anita (Vieira) - O'Kane

Alioski - Hernandez -Roofe (Nakajima)

Lasogga 

Notable mentions to Alioski ( Championship Player of Year) and O'Kane ( Supporters Player of Year )

New season in the Premier League dawns ,told the squad no major changes they'll get their chance 

£35 million budget and due to loan departures desperately need

Left back - a priority - Charlie Taylor in for £10m

Centre Back - Brazilian Murilo Cerquiera in for £8.5m to challenge Cooper and young Ezri Konsa £4.5m for the future

Striker - Lasogga asking way too much in wages so in comes Nelson Oliveira from Norwich for £11m 

Got some irons in the fire and some tempting offers on the table regarding sales ...............back soon..........hopefully with Lewis Cook !

How did Konsa develop? 

Evening all...

Second season draws to a close, and i eventually finished 11th. I set off like a house on fire sitting 4th around November time. Due to Mooy going on international duty and Sasha getting a lengthy injury I dropped like a sack of S**t. I couldn't buy a win from anywhere and i was leaking goals left right and centre. I bought a Keeper, Andres Fernandez who slotted in great. He will hopefully be a decent back up next season. With a great shakeup needed and not much funds i sold Allioski for around 16 million (check screenshot) and Roofe for around 10 (check screenshot). With this I Loaned Mayoral He was great. I then splashed out on a deadline day signing and signed Arkadiusz Milik who was transfer listed at Napoli. Him and Mayoral banged the goals in for fun and i managed to consolidate my mid table position and i was more than happy with that. I fetched a few others in from the money I raised. (see screenshot)

Initial funds have been set at 70 million (Happy with that) and wages at 1 million. I should be able to get some real quality in and hopefully push for a european spot. Sasha wants off so he could be going. I am looking to offload Saiz as he has been disappointing once again. 

Mooy was a great signing and he was influential. Viera was brilliant in the CDM role. Tunenhukov (spelling) had a great first half of the season but with the two big hitters coming in i loaned him out for the second half of the season. 

Unsure who I am going to go for in the summer but it could be a big summer. I'll keep you all in the loop. 

signings prem 1.jpg

New Squad.jpg

MILIK.jpg

Table prem.jpg

3 hours ago, JJSaxton said:

...Opened Steam this morning and FM18 needed to reinstall :idiot: thought nothing of it / possibly an update but it appears to have corrupted my save game file. :seagull: Start again then I suppose...

Typical.

I’m trying to get a narrow 4312 working in my test save so I can start another, but whatever I do still getting murdered by crosses.

Played Bristol and one of their players sent in 40 crosses, just mental.

titlebadges.png

Corrupt Save File Restart...

Well after a FM18 malfunction and a corrupt save file, I finally brought myself to start again this evening. Decided to scrap the Homegrown / English only policy as it proved highly costly on my first attempt and the options you get upon promotion are extremely limited! I have however looked through the thread and signed a number of players that have been recommended here. Wasilewski was a freebie on 4k wages who I've actually made captain due to his 18 Leadership stat. And despite his elderly age he is still performing solidly with a 7.39 average rating.

Transfers_Mk2.png

I adapted / brought in players the best I could so that I can make use of the newest Knap tactic from the Tactic Sharing forum. Argus 343 Knap:

Highly recommend this tactic on the current ME. I'm having great results! I've not been able to create or find another Tactic that works aswell as this. The football that is played is brilliant to watch aswell with the 2 outside strikers getting plenty of assists and the wing backs constantly been in the opposition area when you have possession. Just to show how well it works please see this seasons fixtures:

Fixtures_mk2.png

The Cup match against Huddersfield was a particular highlight. Cant beat getting one over on them! I'm currently training Alioski to play the Poacher role which is the centre of the 3 forwards and even not accomplished he is smashing it (Joint top scorer in the division):

Alioski_Poacher.png

Pinamonti and Roofe haven't done half bad either both playing as Advanced Forwards. Pinamonti has been playing on the left and Roofe on the right.

Roofe_v_Pinamonti.png

Hopefully will be able to offload more players like Dallas/Klich/Saiz in January who don't fit into the formation as I will be building a squad around it.

January Update...

Made a number of changes in January - Due to teams sniffing around Leeds' players. Newcastle came in for Kalvin Phillips with £5m upfront, £2.5m in installments and £1.6m after 50 appearances so he was gone. Lazio wanted Vurnon Anita. Watford were after Luke Ayling but no official bid made and Alioski was attracting attention from a number of clubs Everton, Swansea, Watford but again nothing materialized. Which I'm pretty happy with as he would have probably pressurized to leave and he is performing outstanding as the Poacher in a front 3. A number of Scandinavians were brought in after scouting around there national teams main and u21 squads. Saber Khalifa was also brought in for £110k as a short term measure due to his age of 31. Assistant rates him as 3.5 stars so seemingly a bargain wish I had found him during the first window! Anyway Transfers as follows:

January_Transfers_2.png

Saber_Khalifa.png

And once again cannot stress enough how good Knaps Argus 343 formation is! Currently romping home with the League with 3 of my strikers been in the top 4 scorers in the division and a Carabao Cup Final win against Manchester United that was unbelievable. As well as that we are still in the FA Cup currently got Reading in the Sixth Round, so the possibility of another final is High (Fingers Crossed).

TOP_9_JAN_2.pngLEAGUE_TOP_SCORERS.png

Carabao_Cup_Win.png

Next update will be from the Premier League unless something goes horribly wrong!

So not updated on here for a while with my Leeds save after I got promotion to the Premier League is my 1st season.

1st season back in the Premier League finished 13th with 49 points and most notable transfers were :-

Lewis Cook - £15 Million (now worth £45.5 million)

Charlie Taylor - £6 Million (now worth £10.75 million)

Tobias Svendsen - £1.6 Million (now worth £20 million)

For me Alioski has been sensational on every season so far, he's now worth £28.5 million and has chipped in with 58 goals in 121 games so far playing wide on the right, Pontus has been a regular in defence has had Basto from my championship season.

2nd season in Premier League finished 6th and qualified for the Euro Cup, most notable transfers were :-

Joe Hart - Free

Gaston Pereiro - £6 Million

Sam Byram - £3 Million

Patrick Cutrone - £19 Million

Fiete Arp - £5 Million

3rd season in Premier League and I'm currently 6th with 49 points with 8 games to go. 2nd round knockout of the Euro cup but knocked out in 4th and 3rd round of the FA cup and league cup. I was flying along in December and going into January, then Monaco came sniffing round Cutrone who had scored 36 goals in 55 games in 1.5 season for me, he had a release clause of £73 million and they matched it.

I tried to offer him a new contract with a higher release clause but he declined. I suppose £54 million profit in 1.5 season is not bad going.

I've invested £20 million of it in Pinamonti from Inter but he doesn't join until the summer, so hoping Woodburn, Arp and Iheanacho can get me over the line for Champion league or Euro cup spots and keep the run in the Euro Cup going, had some very good wins so far in this cup, including an 8-0 drubbing of Maccabi Haifa and a 6-1 win against FC Kobenhavn.

Think I'm going to have a good clear out of players in the summer as some of my signings haven't either been the best or made the grade, some of those were decent money but they just haven't settled in or performed as they should, so out they go I think, the likes of Jack Stephens, lots of promise, good stats but for £79k a week, just doesn't perform week in, week out for me.

Will update once the season is over and I'm into next season, but so far really loving FM 2018

2020-21 Transfers.jpg

On 13/01/2018 at 23:07, JJSaxton said:

titlebadges.png

Corrupt Save File Restart...

Well after a FM18 malfunction and a corrupt save file, I finally brought myself to start again this evening. Decided to scrap the Homegrown / English only policy as it proved highly costly on my first attempt and the options you get upon promotion are extremely limited! I have however looked through the thread and signed a number of players that have been recommended here. Wasilewski was a freebie on 4k wages who I've actually made captain due to his 18 Leadership stat. And despite his elderly age he is still performing solidly with a 7.39 average rating.

Transfers_Mk2.png

I adapted / brought in players the best I could so that I can make use of the newest Knap tactic from the Tactic Sharing forum. Argus 343 Knap:

Highly recommend this tactic on the current ME. I'm having great results! I've not been able to create or find another Tactic that works aswell as this. The football that is played is brilliant to watch aswell with the 2 outside strikers getting plenty of assists and the wing backs constantly been in the opposition area when you have possession. Just to show how well it works please see this seasons fixtures:

Fixtures_mk2.png

The Cup match against Huddersfield was a particular highlight. Cant beat getting one over on them! I'm currently training Alioski to play the Poacher role which is the centre of the 3 forwards and even not accomplished he is smashing it (Joint top scorer in the division):

Alioski_Poacher.png

Pinamonti and Roofe haven't done half bad either both playing as Advanced Forwards. Pinamonti has been playing on the left and Roofe on the right.

Roofe_v_Pinamonti.png

Hopefully will be able to offload more players like Dallas/Klich/Saiz in January who don't fit into the formation as I will be building a squad around it.

Who was the ins and outs of your staff?

Archived