Position Playoff for lowest playoff spot

animal31

Im mucking around specifically with positional playoffs and I cant quite get them to do what I want. I created a test league of 20 teams, which play a schedule that gets 2 points for each game regardless of result to force them to tie. I then sort by wins and test run a few years

what I want to see is teams play a positional playoff game to determine playoff qualification, so I made a 2 team playoff round where the top 2 teams in the league qualify. However, what I see happening is the top team plays the 2nd team to determine their tie breaker... then they play another game to see who wins the cup. which I dont think any league in their right mind would ever do. 

An example of the tiebreaker can be seen in the Memorial Cup (Canadian Hockey League) Rules http://mastercardmemorialcup.ca/tiebreaker/, which the League1 Ontario soccer rules follow.

I attached a further example of something that should have gone to a playoff. I ticked off "championship" from the playoff, thinking that it would stop the top 2 teams from playing off, but now no one plays off

20171118004739_1.jpg

Archived