Turned Off first Window.. but now no money in January.

Hey Guys,

I turned off the first window transfer.

I’m managing Tottenham, and we are currently on 2nd place behind Chelsea. I made it to January 1, in some desperate need for reinforcements due to injury and poor play. 

However the board didn’t meet with me to tell me how much money they were giving me. All the other teams started bidding on my players on January 1. Am I doing something wrong? Is this a glitch? Or do I have to go ask my board for money. 

Thanks

I always turn off first window transfers to make the game more realistic. 

Im managing Wigan and never got given any money in January, thought it was strange but never thought any more about it with managing a league 1 club, I'm approaching the end of the season so will see what happens in the summer window! 

Anyone else experienced this?? 

Same problem for me, I was wondering if anyone else had this. 

No Transfer Budget In January

I started with Everton with the option of no transfers and no budget enabled as I though I would give myself of a challenge of sorting the mess out! Unfortunately I have got to January expecting Mr Moshiri to get his cheque book out to enable to address the various deficiencies in the squad left by Agent Koeman. But alas the pot is empty and a request of more money falls on deaf ears.

Is this delibrate or a bug or something? It is very annoying and I would say unrealistic as Everton are as per the game are RICH and there would be some money to spend. It now means I will have to sell to buy, but seeing as most my squad wants out I may be able to work round it.

I hope I get a budget in the summer otherwise this save is ruined.

The option for no 1st window transfers means you don't get any budgets until the next time you get given a budget, which is usually around March for English teams, unless you can persuade the board to give you money.

44 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

The option for no 1st window transfers means you don't get any budgets until the next time you get given a budget, which is usually around March for English teams, unless you can persuade the board to give you money.

I am in February now so hopefully I will find out soon enough. Has this always been the case with this option? Never used it before but wanted to emulate Everton's woeful season so far.

Doesn't seem quite right to me in any case, a club like Everton or Spurs would have money to spend in January if needed.

The budget that the board gives you at the start of the season is an annual one and will be all that you get till the start of the next season unless you ask for or are given extra funds.  If you turn off the first window transfers, you are effectively shutting down the budget for the year

36 minutes ago, FrazT said:

The budget that the board gives you at the start of the season is an annual one and will be all that you get till the start of the next season unless you ask for or are given extra funds.  If you turn off the first window transfers, you are effectively shutting down the budget for the year

Thanks for clarifying that. I do think the description leaves a bit to be desired though as it does not actually say that is what is going to happen. Everyone else in the game gets funds in January except you.

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

Then how come ai teams get a budget

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

In all the past games it has only turned off until the next window, ie January, I think you are incorrect FrazT.

Sounds like a bug to give all the other teams money to spend in January and not the human players.

3 hours ago, FrazT said:

This isn’t how it worked in years past. In Past years I wouldnt get money in June but would get a budget in January. 

• SI Staff

Hi all.

I have run through this here - In FM17 you did indeed get a budget come the Winter window, however in testing on FM18 I am unable to reproduce the issue; transfer budget removed from Summer window but no problems come January 1st when I am granted the expected budget.

@Dwells2015 @Brads-Wigan @Lazarou - Could someone that is having this issue please open up a post in our bugs forum, providing information on your issue and an accompanying save. We can then investigate from there.

Thank you.

Archived