AI Squad Building

IMO it is still quite poor at times.

Man City for example seem to buy a winger/attakcing midfielder for a large fee every window, even though they still have the likes of Sane who just sit on the bench. For example they bought Perisic in the first window or January window and barely a year later he is listed because they bought like two other players for like £60-70 million, one was Mo Salah.

Which brings me on the example of Liverpool who sold Mo Salah and Oxlade Chamberlain, plus the likes of Markovic, whilst loaning or selling youngsters like Lewis & Woodburn. Which meant by the second season they were basically relying on just Coutinho, Mane, Firminho, Lallana and Sturridge for 4 forward positions, and those players all pick up injuries fairly regularly so they have no rotation options. 

For me it seems to be much better than earlier, but still have some ways to go before I would say it's good. The AI seem to do more to keep hold of their best players while at the same time trying to improve on their weakest spots. The thing that seems to be a bit lacking so far is that expiring contracts don't seem to be considered before the player is actually released. So if a player is on an expiring contract the AI don't seem to prioritize a replacement before the player is actually released. Though this is just my impression, I am 7 seasons in, but I think I need some more seasons before I can know for sure.

2 hours ago, tajj7 said:

IMO it is still quite poor at times.

Man City for example seem to buy a winger/attakcing midfielder for a large fee every window, even though they still have the likes of Sane who just sit on the bench. For example they bought Perisic in the first window or January window and barely a year later he is listed because they bought like two other players for like £60-70 million, one was Mo Salah.

Which brings me on the example of Liverpool who sold Mo Salah and Oxlade Chamberlain, plus the likes of Markovic, whilst loaning or selling youngsters like Lewis & Woodburn. Which meant by the second season they were basically relying on just Coutinho, Mane, Firminho, Lallana and Sturridge for 4 forward positions, and those players all pick up injuries fairly regularly so they have no rotation options. 

They're about to buy Dybala in my Palermo game (for $130mil ish). I support the dismantling of Juventus :p

I am playing FMT and the big clubs are buying up everyone of any quality - Man City have just signed Varane, so some development there in signing a defender.  I have noticed that of all the 'big' clubs, Spurs seem willing to sell their players the fastest.  Kane, Alli, Eriksen have all left by 2020 and not really replaced - they've just bought and aging Lucas Moura from Derby.

Archived