Any general tips for scouting?

Hi, this year i have decided to not use any tool to make me find good players, is there any general tips to finding good players? I sadly don't have much time to play every day so i would rather not spend hours trying to understand all the details of scouting. :)

Aside from the obvious tips of getting good scouts and the best scouting pack.

Should i leave scouting management to the director of football? Should i set scouting to "general"?

Thanks

p.s. What happened to the tactics creator?

6 minutes ago, BigRoboCrouch said:

Hi, this year i have decided to not use any tool to make me find good players, is there any general tips to finding good players? I sadly don't have much time to play every day so i would rather not spend hours trying to understand all the details of scouting. :)

Aside from the obvious tips of getting good scouts and the best scouting pack.

Should i leave scouting management to the director of football? Should i set scouting to "general"?

Thanks

p.s. What happened to the tactics creator?

What level team are you? 

1 hour ago, BigRoboCrouch said:

Serie B

You have to think about nations that will have players who want to come to Serie B. Look at the reputation of different leagues compared to yours and scout around those leagues. Also scout Serie A for some loans. 

eg you have a better chance of enticing a player from eastern europe region whos players tend to command lower fees and u have a large pool to scout from.. i usually assign scouts to each region setting specific instructions for scouts i.e age or CA or PA ability and see what they return as in time their knowledge of said region develops

Archived