2D

Azzar36

sensible-soccer-europe-enfrdeit.png?itok

football_manager_2018_rumours_release_da

Yeah, I can't tell the difference. :rolleyes:

CM/FM has never been "all about" the 2D graphics engine. Do you remember way back when it was only commentary?

I presume you're unhappy that the Classic 2D engine has been removed. You can still play with the newer 2D engine; what exactly do you think is wrong with that if you feel 'forced' to play in 3D?

Ive played the games since cm2 religiously every year. So of course I remember those days.

However every FM has had a 2d match engine except this one.

As previously stated on here the removal of the 2D engine is an attempt to make players accept the 3D “sensible soccer” styled engine as apparently the 2D engine was somehow holding it back.

im aware I can use the far inferior 2D match engine weve been left with but I choose not to because its just not the same. Its just not as good. But I suppose it gets the sponsors in this way eh?

I think its an attempt to encourage more younger players to come forward and play.  In the age of microtransactions EA sports makes billions through online gaming. Looks like this is the first step for SI to start getting into that area a bit more

3 minutes ago, Azzar36 said:

However every FM has had a 2d match engine except this one.

As previously stated on here the removal of the 2D engine is an attempt to make players accept the 3D “sensible soccer” styled engine as apparently the 2D engine was somehow holding it back.

im aware I can use the far inferior 2D match engine weve been left with but I choose not to because its just not the same. Its just not as good. But I suppose it gets the sponsors in this way eh?

Those two phrases I highlighted contradict each other. There is a 2D engine, as you have acknowledged, but you say in the top sentence that FM18 does not have a 2D engine.

Your Sensible Soccer complaint has no legs. Sensible Soccer is a 2D game. Complaining that the 3D match engine looks too much like Sensible Soccer is akin to me complaining that... say, Sky News (a TV news channel) is too much like The Sun (a newspaper).

8 minutes ago, Azzar36 said:

I think its an attempt to encourage more younger players to come forward and play.  In the age of microtransactions EA sports makes billions through online gaming. Looks like this is the first step for SI to start getting into that area a bit more

EA are EA.

Sports Interactive adding sponsor boards to the 2D engine does not mean that microtransactions are on the way for FM19! :D

So is that your only complaint about modern 2D? Let me rephrase my earlier question: what did you like about Classic 2D that has changed in the modern engine?

I think you know what im on about but seemingly enjoy picking apart sentences on a sunday afternoon because you have nothing on today.

the 2d engine in this seasons FM is poor. The 2d engine weve had from day zero in FM is now gone and weve been left with a really poor effort that no one ever used before.

Just now, Azzar36 said:

I think you know what im on about but seemingly enjoy picking apart sentences on a sunday afternoon because you have nothing on today.

the 2d engine in this seasons FM is poor. The 2d engine weve had from day zero in FM is now gone and weve been left with a really poor effort that no one ever used before.

What. Is. The. Difference. Between. Classic. 2D. And. Modern. 2D?

The old classic 2-D was in 2-D, the new classic 2-D is actually just a 2-D view, as with the new graphic engine everything is in 3-D.

That said, the old 2-D will not come back, as there is no more a 2-D engine in the game.

According to Miles this has to be done, because it was no longer possible to maintain 2 different graphic engines.

20 minutes ago, KUBI said:

The old classic 2-D was in 2-D, the new classic 2-D is actually just a 2-D view, as with the new graphic engine everything is in 3-D.

That said, the old 2-D will not come back, as there is no more a 2-D engine in the game.

According to Miles this has to be done, because it was no longer possible to maintain 2 different graphic engines.

Thanks for the sensible reply. Nice to see there is such a thing on here.

Its really sad that its come to being forced to use the 3D engine. Ill have to stick to 17 until they realise the mistake theyve made 

SI are not making a mistake. They are simply moving with the times. Tough decisions must be taken to do so.

Just to clarify: there is ONE match engine for all views. You can watch matches in 3D or 2D or even in commentary-only (I presume that's still a thing).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived