Quick Question on Tactic mentality

Kinda new to the game (havent played for years) is it possible for me to play just counter attacking no matter who I play against and just tweek the instructions depending on who I m playing, or do you have to have a differing tactic mentalities based on who you are playing, i.e your team are the favourites for the game or not.

5 minutes ago, edhdurham said:

Kinda new to the game (havent played for years) is it possible for me to play just counter attacking no matter who I play against and just tweek the instructions depending on who I m playing, or do you have to have a differing tactic mentalities based on who you are playing, i.e your team are the favourites for the game or not.

Absolutely.

Mentality is mostly just a risk factor rather than what the names actually suggest. e.g playing counter mentality doesn't actually mean you play a counter attacking style, just that your team plays less risky than if it was standard, control, attacking or overload. For example the defensive line will sit a little deeper, your team will play narrower, with a lower tempo etc. Some of these changes can be seen just from changing mentality and looking at different team instructions before and after.

Archived