Your best piece of business?

So I am playing Man UTD and I got Pulisic in my first transfer window for 45 mil dollars.

Mkhitaryan got himself injured in the beginning of the season and I played Pulisic...alot.

Look at this little guy(20 YO now).

The second season is not over yet and there is still like 9 games to go but he managed to break the EPLs most assists record in one season(it was 13) and thats after he got himself injured for almost a month.

No wonders my attack is doing so well. By far he got better ratings then Mata, Lukaku, Martial and Pogba.

I am totally impressed.

Whats your best piece of business?

Christian Pulisic_ History Career Stats.png

Christian Pulisic_ History Career Stats-2.png

Christian Pulisic_ Overview Profile.png

3 minutes ago, SpikeHughes said:

Up to now has to be Pavon bought him for £5.5m at standard leige and sold him for 23.5m which I tried to stop but they done it anyway so I swiftly resigned. 

I managed to offload Joel Pereira for 10 mil dollars in his last 6 month of contract.

great sum for a useless player.

On FM17 I sold a 17yo newgen who came through my youth intake at a lower league club for around £1m with 40% profit clause.

Around 5 years later Arsenal bought him for about about £50m and the club got around £20m of it, bad news was I had moved on by then :(

Probably Gustavo Scarpa, bought for about £12 million,  3 seasons of very good service, averaging around 15-20 assists per season and 10 goals, sold him for £53 million.

Also bought a transfer listed Oxlade-Chamberlain from Liverpool for £12 million and he is now worth about £65 million, was player of the year last year and broke the PL assist record. 

47 minutes ago, SergeiG said:

I managed to offload Joel Pereira for 10 mil dollars in his last 6 month of contract.

great sum for a useless player.

I had a mate who years ago got totti in for nothing and at 33 sold him for 9m that was a good price of work for the age of him. Lucas Romero was a good one as well on FM18 he was transfer listed for 3.6 sold him for 15m to Ajax after two seasons. Good to know players who can come in do a job then you can make a big profit on. 

3 minutes ago, SpikeHughes said:

I had a mate who years ago got totti in for nothing and at 33 sold him for 9m that was a good price of work for the age of him. Lucas Romero was a good one as well on FM18 he was transfer listed for 3.6 sold him for 15m to Ajax after two seasons. Good to know players who can come in do a job then you can make a big profit on. 

I did it with Gotze in fm17.

got him for free, 6 month later sold him for almost 50 mil.

1 minute ago, JPChenet said:

Definitely James Wilson £2.5m, bought simply for pace.... One season later 34 goals to the good in 38 games and 4 international caps now worth £37.5m.

I sold him for 4 mil to Hull. He managed to play 20 games in 2 seasons and score 2 goals.

He is transfer listed again and worth 1.5 mil :lol:

13 minutes ago, JPChenet said:

In FM18 so far it's got to be James Wilson £2.5m, bought simply for pace.... One season later 34 goals to the good in 38 games and 4 international caps now worth £37.5m.

If only he could have done the same IRL!

In terms of making profit, on FM15 I got a CM off the free list (can’t recall his name as he was a regen) and sold him to Inter for £40m.

Actual best piece of business, Ashley Emery from Everton. Under £5m. Became one of the best strikers I’ve ever had in any FM.

017B0244-208A-4208-B6AE-AFCE9F298625.png

I have had numerous wonderful youth signings in games where I could afford an extensive scouting network and had time to set up scouting assignments.

In terms of actual important first team players, in FM17 I had two incredible transfers in the same save. The first was picking up Daniele Verde on the final hour of the transfer deadline in January after selling Delofeu for around 25 million. This was three years in, my first season at Everton. I paid 7 million for Verde, who I bought only because I really needed a player quickly to fill the hole in my squad that had just been created, and that I had scouted him enough to think he could be a solid backup. He had a quiet first 6 months, and then preceded to set the EPL alight. He had 20+ assists and 15+ goals from the left wing, all the while never having more than 2.5 star rating. He was super at crossing, and had very high work rate, team work, determination, which were key to his success. Ever since I moved from Everton to Bayern, I wanted to sign him. Unfortunately he is not for sale, despite rarely getting game time these days (he is now only a rotation option). A true gem of a signing.

In the same game, after moving to Bayern I realised that their squad was a mess. They had no CB cover at all, and their midfield was paper thin, old, slow and generally lacking in work rate. So I had to spend big to bring in a CB that I could rely on to be my top defender for the next 10 years, and plug the biggest hole in my side. That left me with very little money to sort the midfield. I noticed Cristian Erikson for sale for 2 million (he was in the last year of his contract). I snapped him up, thinking he would be a good stop-gap (he was 31 when I signed him) and that I can address the issue in a later transfer window. Turns out Erikson more than solved the problem; he became the absolutely key player in my team. He settled instantly, and regularly was outstanding (he finished the first season with 7.87 average rating, scoring 20 goals and with 20 assists - give or take). Even better, the number of times his free kicks got me out of a hole. 2 and a half years later and he is still a key member of my squad, who plays most important matches. SAdly, his physicals are finally waning, and I will have to say goodbye to him in the coming season. Which makes me terribly sad, since this is his side!

4 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I have had numerous wonderful youth signings in games where I could afford an extensive scouting network and had time to set up scouting assignments.

In terms of actual important first team players, in FM17 I had two incredible transfers in the same save. The first was picking up Daniele Verde on the final hour of the transfer deadline in January after selling Delofeu for around 25 million. This was three years in, my first season at Everton. I paid 7 million for Verde, who I bought only because I really needed a player quickly to fill the hole in my squad that had just been created, and that I had scouted him enough to think he could be a solid backup. He had a quiet first 6 months, and then preceded to set the EPL alight. He had 20+ assists and 15+ goals from the left wing, all the while never having more than 2.5 star rating. He was super at crossing, and had very high work rate, team work, determination, which were key to his success. Ever since I moved from Everton to Bayern, I wanted to sign him. Unfortunately he is not for sale, despite rarely getting game time these days (he is now only a rotation option). A true gem of a signing.

In the same game, after moving to Bayern I realised that their squad was a mess. They had no CB cover at all, and their midfield was paper thin, old, slow and generally lacking in work rate. So I had to spend big to bring in a CB that I could rely on to be my top defender for the next 10 years, and plug the biggest hole in my side. That left me with very little money to sort the midfield. I noticed Cristian Erikson for sale for 2 million (he was in the last year of his contract). I snapped him up, thinking he would be a good stop-gap (he was 31 when I signed him) and that I can address the issue in a later transfer window. Turns out Erikson more than solved the problem; he became the absolutely key player in my team. He settled instantly, and regularly was outstanding (he finished the first season with 7.87 average rating, scoring 20 goals and with 20 assists - give or take). Even better, the number of times his free kicks got me out of a hole. 2 and a half years later and he is still a key member of my squad, who plays most important matches. SAdly, his physicals are finally waning, and I will have to say goodbye to him in the coming season. Which makes me terribly sad, since this is his side!

Damn. Getting a key player for 2 mil. 

Thats awsome! 

Camilo Mayada (River Plate). I've bought him playing with Botafogo for just R$ 1 million (~260k euros) and he turned into a South American beast playing as a classic winger. Was top of the assist ranking by miles of distance and scored one of the three goals that helped me to win the Copa Libertadores - and also scored the penalty kick who seized the FIFA Club World Cup.

I've stopped playing after three seasons, he was valued 7,5 million euros, such a great investiment.

Camilo Mayada_ Overview Attributes-2.png

Best piece of business was also Leon Goretzka, on a free for Newcastle. Cleaned up at the annual awards in his first season (Footballer of the Year, Players' Player of the Year and  Players' Young Player of the Year). At the end of the first season he got a fat pay rise to remove a release clause, and his value shot up to 64m pounds with the big clubs sniffing. I will hold out for as much as I can, but fear I will ultimately lose him. No doubt my best piece of business ever.

In my Southampton save, bought a regen 28yo Croatian striker for £13.5M. He was a bench warmer at Real Madrid, but played awesome in my squad. He brought us top 3 of the Epl twice in a row by scoring and assisting heaps. Sold him 2 seasons later when he was 30 to spurs for £40M!

Only played one season in my West Ham save so far but my best signing was Benik Afobe from Bournemouth. Sold Carroll to Everton for 10 mill and picked up Afobe for £13Mill to play back up to Chicharito. Chich missed most of the season through injury and Afobe went on to score 19 goals including one in an FA Cup final win against Arsenal. He's now out in Russia as part of the world cup squad.

Archived