Is this an acceptable line up for Inter in 2nd season?

I really don't want to be that guy who complains about transfers and AI, but really this is just too much. I've never seen anything this bad before.

6ErWNxR.png

What you see above is Inter's starting lineup in their first match of the season against me (they changed the formation after the start of the game, and i can't find a way to see the starting formation).

Basically they started with Kondogbia as a central defender (???) with Miranda, and then moved him to midfield when Borja Valero got injured. And who was the first central defender they had to sub in? Davide Bettella, a 18 years old unknown kid from the U20 team with barely any pro experience!

Puzzled by that decision i checked their transfers and this is what i saw:

bTP3bgy.png

So, basically they sold Skriniar to Real Madrid in August, Ranocchia to Shaktar in January (which if you don't know are 2 of the only 3 central defenders Inter currently has irl), and literally bought nobody to replace them! So now they are stuck until January with Kondogbia and a 18 years old academy kid as their 2nd and 3rd choice for central defenders. :rolleyes:

Personally i've never seen anything like it, is this acceptable? I don't see how i can continue my long term save in this condition....:seagull:

Spoiler

And i haven't mentioned stuff like Perisic and Insigne getting sold in January of the first season, and Spalletti and Guardiola getting sacked, despite destroying everything in real life. Those things while certainly possible sure don't help my immersion.

One example alone isn't a game-breaker at all.  I'd say the save should be raised as a bug, but imagine they'd need ones going back to the time these players were sold/bought, to work out why they made those choices.  If you've got that, I'm sure they'd love to look at it and work out what happened.

2 hours ago, forameuss said:

One example alone isn't a game-breaker at all.  I'd say the save should be raised as a bug, but imagine they'd need ones going back to the time these players were sold/bought, to work out why they made those choices.  If you've got that, I'm sure they'd love to look at it and work out what happened.

Well, i found out about it only because i randomly played vs Inter in the 1st game.

Chances are i would find more stuff like that if i started digging....but should i really? My time is extremely limited, and i already wasted 1 season worth of playtime thanks to this broken bug fest.

If i could i would get a refund from Steam, but all i can do now is just not buy next year's FM game.

What was the final score? Can see they've banged three past you so their transfers/team selection cant be going that bad....(unless you've scored 4:eek:)

EDIT: Just checked the match timeline, looks like it was 3-0. So unless you are a side much much worse I'd say they're not doing too badly.

8 minutes ago, wattzy said:

What was the final score? Can see they've banged three past you so their transfers/team selection cant be going that bad....(unless you've scored 4:eek:)

EDIT: Just checked the match timeline, looks like it was 3-0. So unless you are a side much much worse I'd say they're not doing too badly.

I just got promoted from Serie B with Bari.

3 hours ago, jamessmith010101 said:

have you got a screen shot of their squad?

Sure, i'll post it later. But if you are looking for injured defenders you wont find any.

Just now, BigRoboCrouch said:

I just got promoted from Serie B with Bari.

Sure, i'll post it later. But if you are looking for injured defenders you wont find any.

OK fair enough. Did Inter qualify for any European competitions? I've started a game with them before, and actually found it pretty difficult to attract many players. They don't have loads of money, and with the Gagliardini transfer already arranged at the start of the game this could've eaten up most of their second season budget.

I guess I'd expect them to at least sign someone to play there though.

They finished 4th last season, so they definitely qualified for the Champions League.

Btw if you check the subs they made in the match you'll notice they are weird aswell:

1) Borja Valero (playmaker) got in at halftime replacing a striker...who would ever do that as Inter vs Bari when you are winning 2-0 and in total control?

2) Nagatomo in at 51th minute in place of Dalbert...have you ever seen a right/left back randomly subbed off like that in real life?? Injuries excluded ofc.

I think you should raise this as a bug and let SI have a look. It might make them want to improve the AI for the next game perhaps.

AI squad development is frankly hopeless , but I've never seen anything to this level yet. I hope it's just your game and a freak mistake by AI and it's not a reflection of the game in general.

It's going to be down to debt, I've seen go into Administration on a lot of my saves, this is nothing new and neither is China, load up China and get to third season, most of the clubs are in debt and sell all the players.

Archived