Cross or Pass Attribute?

Does anyone know what the programming is for when a ball is either a cross or pass.

When or where is a players using his cross attribute instead of his passing attribute? I'm assuming a cross comes from the wings, but how far back/forward and is it a cross if its made in the box? Is it as simple as a positional divide on the pitch?

27 minutes ago, scwiffy said:

Does anyone know what the programming is for when a ball is either a cross or pass.

When or where is a players using his cross attribute instead of his passing attribute? I'm assuming a cross comes from the wings, but how far back/forward and is it a cross if its made in the box? Is it as simple as a positional divide on the pitch?

When watching a match I think its usually fairly clear whether its a cross or a pass and it often gets mentioned in the report/commentary.

Explaining it in writing isn't quite as easy but generally I would say a wide ball into the box is a cross as you would expect even from quite far back.  A cutback/square ball/through ball would be a pass IMO.  Basically if it looks like a cross it probably is.

You could use the analysis section to look at a match and highlight crosses and passes.  You can then click on each one and it will bring up the highlight of that action.

9 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

You could use the analysis section to look at a match and highlight crosses and passes.  You can then click on each one and it will bring up the highlight of that action.

Yeah thats a really good idea. 

The rest of what you have written - is that your assumption? Seems like a common sense answer and is also what I presumed, but I'm after specifics on the fine margins. I'll look into it myself further but was just wondering if anyone actually knew

Reason I'm asking is because I've got wide players sitting narrow feeding advanced forward, but its really tough to tell whether some of the balls are counting as a pass or a cross - which is incredibly useful when searching for player transfers.

2 minutes ago, scwiffy said:

Yeah thats a really good idea. 

The rest of what you have written - is that your assumption? Seems like a common sense answer and is also what I presumed, but I'm after specifics on the fine margins. I'll look into it myself further but was just wondering if anyone actually knew

Reason I'm asking is because I've got wide players sitting narrow feeding advanced forward, but its really tough to tell whether some of the balls are counting as a pass or a cross - which is incredibly useful when searching for player transfers.

Its my assumption based on experience of playing.

Personally off the top of my head I feel like its fairly clear whether its a cross or a pass 99% of the time.  I don't feel like I see many that leave me wondering.

The analysis section certainly the best thing to look at though if you want clarification of the fine margins as its based on the coding.  If you see a pass/cross that leaves you not sure note the time and look back after the match.

Archived