2nd season, still no Under 23 team.

Honestly, what gives? Managing Gillingham and although they don't have an Under 23 team in real life, it seems in game I can't ever have an under 23 team. In my 2nd season, not given the option to join a league. Completely game breaking for me as I like to develop youngsters. I don't like to loan everyone out but over 18s now won't get any game time. FM has been so frustrating recently. Could hardly play FM17 towards the end due to the no under 18/21 fixture bug that was never fixed!

Has anyone found a way to have an Under 23 team when the club doesn't start with one?

This whole thing feels half-baked because the clubs they don't research enough (i.e majority of non-league teams) end up having U23s & U18s by default, so it's not at all consistent.

You should at least get the option to form the teams from the board before the start of your second season, or be able to directly request it through board interaction.

So is there an official way to enter u18s and 23s in a competition? I'm in my third season at Chelmsford and still no option. Do I need to upgrade youth facilities? Why would this affect it? I've googled and it seems there was a similar bug in 17 where people could not enter an u23 comp?

I'm looking in the RTE and I can't see any way to edit it.

1 hour ago, Kramerica said:

So is there an official way to enter u18s and 23s in a competition? I'm in my third season at Chelmsford and still no option. Do I need to upgrade youth facilities? Why would this affect it? I've googled and it seems there was a similar bug in 17 where people could not enter an u23 comp?

I'm looking in the RTE and I can't see any way to edit it.

It may not be possible with an IGE. Try to raise your youth level and youth facilities.

54 minutes ago, wateronglass said:

It may not be possible with an IGE. Try to raise your youth level and youth facilities.

I checked the pre game editor and neither the "not used" or "never used" u18s or u23s are ticked. Neither have a division though. Just using u18/23 friendlies at the moment.

I guess at least I can have them at some stage I suppose. I've never noticed this issue with previous FM's though.

3 hours ago, Kramerica said:

I checked the pre game editor and neither the "not used" or "never used" u18s or u23s are ticked. Neither have a division though. Just using u18/23 friendlies at the moment.

I guess at least I can have them at some stage I suppose. I've never noticed this issue with previous FM's though.

Someone from SI spoke about this. I got a direct response that your youth level needs to be above 0, but it's hard to convince the board on that at this level.

However, just look at the status of these clubs with U18s entered in the "South West Counties Youth League" IRL...clearly a large financial outlay and state of the art facilities aren't required to get everything up and running, so the youth level requirement is prohibitive and only serves to detract from the experience.

swc.png

Archived