Players awareness of OTHER players characteristics

Do players know to play differently based on the players around them (i.e. do Man Utd players instinctively know to play more balls into space when Rashford is up front than Ibra?).  Also do they play differently based on player roles around them (e.g. will players automatically put more high crosses into the box if I have Harry Kane set to target man compared to if I had him as a poacher)?

18 minutes ago, MatchWinner said:

Do players know to play differently based on the players around them (i.e. do Man Utd players instinctively know to play more balls into space when Rashford is up front than Ibra?).  Also do they play differently based on player roles around them (e.g. will players automatically put more high crosses into the box if I have Harry Kane set to target man compared to if I had him as a poacher)?

Your examples are all down to instructions that you as manager chooses. 

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

Your examples are all down to instructions that you as manager chooses. 

Thanks.  OK, so just to clarify - the players aren't influenced at all by players and player roles around them.  One final example: A winger set to mixed crosses will likely put in exactly the same type of crosses whether the striker in the box is Peter Crouch (Target man) or Sergio Aguero (False nine).  The winger is therefore totally reliant on me telling him exactly what to do because he doesn't have any programmed initiative of his own, correct?

Just now, MatchWinner said:

Thanks.  OK, so just to clarify - the players aren't influenced at all by players and player roles around them.  One final example: A winger set to mixed crosses will likely put in exactly the same type of crosses whether the striker in the box is Peter Crouch (Target man) or Sergio Aguero (False nine).  The winger is therefore totally reliant on me telling him exactly what to do because he doesn't have any programmed initiative of his own, correct?

Your players aren't influenced by different players.

They are influenced by target men and playmakers though. They're "special" roles.

Just now, MatchWinner said:

So how are they influenced by these special roles, and is it just these two roles that are special?

Players will look to use target men as target men, so will aim for them when crossing and will use them as the "out" ball if under too much pressure.

Players will look to pass to playmakers more.

There aren't two roles. There are a couple of target man roles and a lot of playmaker roles.

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

Players will look to use target men as target men, so will aim for them when crossing and will use them as the "out" ball if under too much pressure.

Players will look to pass to playmakers more.

There aren't two roles. There are a couple of target man roles and a lot of playmaker roles.

OK I think that's clear now, thank you.  I'm getting the game next week so I just wanted a refresher on a few things that have always confused me.  I may well be annoying you with other questions over the next week :D

Archived