Is tactical familiarity shared amongst known tactics?

The title may sound vague but this is hard to explain, so I'll use an example:

If Tactic A is focussed on possession (short passing) and Tactic B is more adventurous (direct passing), what is the effect on my players familiarity if I adjust Tactic A to direct passing during a match?  Are my players 100% comfortable with this change because they know this well from Tactic B or are they slightly worse because they don't normally play like this when they play with Tactic A?

The TF graphic on the tactics screen will answer your questions.

If the only difference between tactics A & B is the passing focus & both are 100% it should mean that changing A to match the passing of B will not see a reduction in the TF rating.

If it does that’s a new bit of code for SI to write, my obvious question is why not Just switch to tactic B rather than change tactic A to match tactic B?

3 minutes ago, Barside said:

my obvious question is why not Just switch to tactic B rather than change tactic A to match tactic B?

Because the two tactics may have many other differences so I might not want to completely change my tactical approach, just one instruction (like more adventurous passing if my team isn't quite creating enough chances).

I think you may have answered my question in a way.  I suppose I need to just get used to seeing which changes affect the familiarity on the tactics screen because you can't see it once you're in a match as far as I know.

Archived