This is something i've wanted for 20 years..

dewhirst

I remember wanting this when I was a kid playing the game, and I was thinking about it again today. When you look at a players history screen it only shows the games and the goals for the league. In order to see how many goals they scored over the whole season in all competitions you have to individually click into each season. When you get into a good 10-15 year save, you simply don't want to click through each season to remember who did well. Maybe you have a young player that you bring in through the cups and then after a few years he gets into your league squad. However, when looking at his history, it appears as though he played 0 games in the first few years.

Why can't we have an option to display all competitive competitions on the player history tab?

It would be easy to implement, and I think a lot of people would use it. If they don't like it, you can keep the old way too.

What do you guys think?

Yeah, there should be a filter, just like how you have a competitions filter in the Schedule screen, and so on. I would definitely support this idea, and don't understand why it's always been like this for over a decade on this game. Back in the CM series, it would show all stats for all competitive competitions in the history screen.

16 hours ago, BamBamBam said:

Yes. Why this has never been in the game baffles me.

The usual answer is that record books IRL list league appearances only.

In more recent times with the internet its probably getting easier to source information on other appearances and perhaps something SI should consider changing in the future.

This is one of those things you just get used to, but don't realise it bothers you until someone points it out... so thanks for that :lol:

But seriously, I agree... having the ability to filter stats by competitons or have them show all woud be great!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Whilst we agree it'd be good to have, the way in which data is collected is as Cougar2010 mentioned above, which means historically we don't necessarily have the data for non-league based competitions, especially less high-profile leagues. This means for consistencies sake, the decision was made only to show league statistics. 

It probably is worth another discussion internally here given to whether it's feasible to have more choice or a filter etc. Appreciate you taking the time to raise and discuss it here. 

Reviewed so locked. 

Archived