[Discussion] Personalised Average Ratings

TheGreat10ne1

First of all, does anybody have a link which explains how player's match rating is calculated? I'm talking about each players mark out of ten during and at the end of the game. I'd be very interested to know.

In real life, managers quite clearly have a different idea to how well a player has performed to its fans, and this could be reflected in game. It's also the case that everybody has a different idea on how well a player has played in each match, due to how differently they value different things on a football pitch. 

Therefore, wouldn't it be a good idea for the manager to set his own algorithms for how a player's match rating is calculated? 

I get it would be complicated, but there are many things within the Editor which are complicated, and those who don't want to have to work it out can simply not bother with it and leave the pre-set Football Manager player rating calculations as they are. You don't even have to over-write the pre-set algorithms, you could simply have an additional statistic based on your own opinion of a player's average rating, and that could be in addition to the pre-set FM average ratings. The pre-set ratings could be used as the fans'/media ratings of the players, which can be compared against your own version of how well a player has played. 

However, for me to suggest a way it could be implemented, I would first need to know how the ratings are calculated.

Think Emile Heskey as an example. Personally I thought he was a good player, and a lot of talented managers all rated him highly as well, as he brought so much to the team. However, fans generally thought he was awful due to his lack of goals, and as such, the manager's opinion of Heskey's performance would differ to that of the fans. I'm sure we all support a club/country where we can't understand why an under-performing player is constantly being picked, it's because the manager sees the player doing things the fan can't. 

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators

Appreciate the suggestion. Agree it would be quite complicated and a bit of a 'power user' but certainly think there's merit in having things calculated with more emphasis or weighting towards specific tasks. 

Reviewed so locked.

Archived