Blank base player role

I have checked and in the midfield line, there is not.  Not sure about full backs.  This would be great as we can select the PIs to our specifications and managerial styles.  I understand if real life managers do appoint these roles, but a player should not be tied down to a specific set of instructions because of his role.

For example, an Anchor Man can still be a passing threat without leaving his role zone by using his Vision, Decisions, Concentration and Passing (I am sure there are others) attributes with PPMs of Tries Killer Balls Often, Long Range Passes, etc to spot a through ball or a teammate who is making a run.

1 hour ago, Cougar2010 said:

You are unlikely to get open roles in the near future simply because it would give the human user too much of an advantage over the AI managers.

Until the AI managers are able to use an open role effectively its a non starter.

I was going to suggest that the AI use these blank base roles too to their advantage, but you beat me to it.

Maybe this can be considered for FM 19 or FM 20? I certainly would welcome this feature as it gives us the power to set our own PIs without role/tactical limitations.  This will most certainly allow us to create our team to our tactical preferences and coaching styles.  We can also tailor training to these open roles too.

With a quick look FB-Automatic, DM-Support, CM-Support, CM-Automatic, WM-Support, WM-Automatic, and AM-Support all have no PI's selected or locked out, so if you want an Anchor man that can make risky passes select the DM-S tick on the Anchorman options and risky passes (though the reason why the default Anchorman doesn't try risking passes is because the role description describes him as laying off simple passes so turning on risky passes would contradict this and likely just confuse players).

Archived