[Discussion] Additional Team Report Options

hiji

When playing I really find the "Team Report" section helpful, the "Comparison" tab particularly so in deciding a whole host of things, from deciding what type of tactics I should use to what attributes I should look for in new signings to strengthen/maintain my squad.  One issue I've noticed is that if you have a tendency (like I do) to play long saves in which you build up a team from an "unfancied" (weaker footballing) country (my favorites are Finland and Ireland), you can quickly outstrip every other domestic in the quality of your team and be the best in almost every attribute, meaning the comparison tab/team report loses a lot of utility.  While this does reflect that you start to walk your league, it doesn't address the fact that the crucial competitions each year become the continental ones because of their money and prestige (currently nearing end of 4th season in Ireland, wrecking the league, got dumped out of Europe in 3rd round of Champions Cup Qualifying and then the Euro Cup tie I dropped into).

A cool feature would be the ability to via a drop-down or some other feature change what competition your team is being compared against.  I understand this could be difficult, particularly as the teams in a knockout competition fluctuate but my suggestion would be to use teams who competed in the most recent group stage of the Euro Cup / Champions' Cup / other continental competition to populate the attributes.  This would be helpful to continue highlighting the strengths/weaknesses of your team and where to continue to improve.

Examples from two different saves

Ireland save:  doesn't tell me that much about my team.

notUseful.thumb.PNG.d21b67dddaabb863b1eb30518c3abaef.PNG

Sky Bet Championship Save: While my team is subpar, decent positioning, Determination, Concentration, and marking (different tab) means I may focus on a more defensive approach.  (Edit: And since I'm not great across the board, rather than trying to improve every thing, my new signings would double down on what I'm okay at)

useful.thumb.PNG.e840aa4e517acd8d6131b8295cce58f8.PNG

• 5 months later...

Archived