Career path

I am currently managing in Norway, and are starting to get itchy feet after my second season. I have also started to get offers for interviews for jobs but so far I have rejected all of them after comparing the profile of the favourite for the job to mine. Are there a way to estimating my chances of getting a job? And what level of jobs could I realisticly get? I have the top 2 levels of Spanish, Italian, German and French + the top 4 levels of English football loaded. The Norwegian league are currently number ranked as 34. I have 2,5 star reputation but not all that great attributes.

I've found in FM17 that the ranking of the league doesn't really matter. I went from winning the 3rd tier in Germany to getting a job at the team that had just finished 2nd in Scotland despite there being about 40 places between the league reps.

If you are being offered interviews then you are obviously in the frame to get the job. The manager the team choses won't be just based on the reputation of the candidates either, it will also be based on what answers you give in your interview so my advice is just go for it, especially if they are inviting you without you applying for the job.

Switching jobs between different nations is always tricky for me. You have factors like the league's reputation and club's reputation.What can help you a bit is requesting a scout report on that team and comparing some stats to your current team to see if the overall quality of the players is better. That may give you an idea.

Regarding your chances of getting a job, after you apply youcan see the odds favourite to get the job. If your odd is good than you should get an offer if the interview goes well.

Archived