Offering contract before offer is accepted

oddspam

In real life we have rules. In real life, clubs are breaking them. (Come on, who believes Coutinho didn't talk to Barcelona this summer..)

I would like to be able to contact players/agents without getting an offer accepted from the player's club. Let's say I want a star player from a smaller club. I want to promise him a much better contract with my club. Of course, depending on the clubs getting to an agreement.

As I see it, three things can happen if we agree:

1) I can make an offer to the club, and the player/agent will be very clear about what they want. If the club rejects my offers, the player will be very dissatisfied, maybe even faking injuries, skipping trainings etc. At some point, the club will maybe even come back to me to continue negotiations.

2) If I don't make a reasonable bid, the player/agent might be angry at me, wondering why the ** I talked to them if I wasn't prepared for buying.

3) The "selling" club might leak things to media, blaming me for illegal contract talks. 

4) FIFA /UEFA / The national FA might open a case against me, and worst case I'm getting a x months (or x transfer windows) ban for signing new players.

Of course, the last option shouldn't happen often. How many times have we actually seen this? A couple of Spanish clubs, mostly for signing under-aged players. But still. It can happen. At least, news could speculate about it. 

I think this is a great idea, like you said coutinho must have spoken to barca in the summer but this isn't what I'm trying to relate to. I think it would be amazing say you were a big premier league club and wanted a wonderkid from somewhere, and loads of other top european clubs wanted sed player if you were a top manager with a high reputation and talked to them and convinced them to join the club it would be a fantastic new feature. Like you also said this does happen commonly in world football for example Guardiola talking to Gabriel Jesus and in some interview he made he said something along the lines of " having Guardiola ring me and persuade me about how he wanted me made me decide on exactly where I wanted to go".

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

We're not going to include aspects within the game which would be deemed illegal or breaking league/FA/FIFA/UEFA rules, however appreciate you taking the time to raise the suggestion. There are potentially aspects of this which could be valid and those will be taken into consideration. Thanks. 

Reviewed so locked.

Archived