New contract promises

Hey,

So I am managing Man UTD and in my first season Martial was awesome. He told me he deserved a new contract and I told him we will talk about it at the end of the season.

So far so good. End of season comes, I offer him a new deal and his demands were ludicrous !  No way a 21 YO player deserves a 500K per week. You aint Messi or Ronaldo yet youngin!

He got upset cause I would not cave in. In our next talk there was no option to tell him something like "You are insane and I will not give you 500K per week before bonuses."
Because of that and the fact that he is an important and influential player in my squad it messed with my squad dynamics.

After another talk with him, he agreed to negotiate one more time(and I had hopes he would stop being such a self important a-hole). I enter negotiation again and...his agent says he wont negotiate with me. WHAT?

After a week or so Martial went crying to the media and the squad about me braking promises again! What promise did I break??? He became unhappy until the third season and I almost had to sell him cause I would not lose him for free, He became more reasonable now and I gave him a new deal just before the January transfer window for almost 300K.

Thats one exemple of many(the most extreme I had). It almost ruined my second season because of morale penalties at the start of the season and I had an under preforming young talent for almost 2 seasons.

I think this should be fixed.

• 1 month later...

Just got the deserve a better contract and I agreed he did. The demands however would triple his wages, which meant he would also earn about twice as much as anyone else in the team. The agent pretty much refused to negotiate and put a non negotiable match highest earner clause in there as well. Adding a lot of clauses and bonuses that would cost us a fortune with high percentage of next sale it would had been a torrid affair for the club.  No  way I'm gonna agree to something like that in a team that is currently working on climbing the leagues, where it is possible he wont be more than a fringe player  in a season or two and with a salary that noone below can afford which would make it almost impossible to get rid of him. He is totally pissed that I didn't give him a new contract though as I only offered to go just over double his current wage. 

Archived