Domination Defence

Introducing myself:

I'm a FM15 Manager

I am currently managing Montpellier HSC.I've been a manager 7 years in the club.The board and the fans loves me as I keep carried the team to continential competition every single season,Dominated the league like never before finishing always 2nd and third once in 7 years.

Not a bad achievement eh?yeah... Except that there's a problem

I'm out of ideas to determine my formations

I need to change tactics every season because same tactic won't work twice.

From 7 years of success I've used:

4-2-3-1

4-1-2-3

4-4-2 Diamond Narrow

4-3-1-2

4-1-4-1

4-4-2 Wide

4-3-3

4-2-4

And now to start the 8th season of managing I'm flustered about my formation selection

Perhaps fellow managers here have an idea how to overcome this situation? I'll listen to any advice in the reply section below :)

I'm sorry if it's too long 😅

I'm hoping for anyone to shed a light about my Tactical problem

Thank you :)

Why won't tactics work more than a season? if you reply "the game learns it" go do :seagull: because there's no such thing.

I'd try and have some stability and plan for a few seasons ahead. See what good youths you have and how you can adjust to bring them through or retrain to fit your tactic.

Chopping and changing every season will be hard to get the right players and depth unless you've got tons of money.

2 minutes ago, summatsupeer said:

Why won't tactics work more than a season? if you reply "the game learns it" go do :seagull: because there's no such thing.

I'd try and have some stability and plan for a few seasons ahead. See what good youths you have and how you can adjust to bring them through or retrain to fit your tactic.

Chopping and changing every season will be hard to get the right players and depth unless you've got tons of money.

What youre trying to say is "you only need to change player roles and instructions instead of radical formation changes"?

and the game rly learns it as i used my 4-2-3-1 for two seasons and it loses its effectiveness in the third season.

The game doesn't learn it, its a ******** excuse.

Has your reputation increase with your good performances over the years? I bet it has.  Think of man city 15 years ago, teams should go at them, then as they invested and improved and became title challengers and eventually winners teams shut up shop against them hoping for a point or to steal a win with a counter or set piece goal.  THAT is why you might of needed to adjust your tactic.  Teams likely won't give you space as easily, you've got to create it.

5 minutes ago, summatsupeer said:

The game doesn't learn it, its a ******** excuse.

Has your reputation increase with your good performances over the years? I bet it has.  Think of man city 15 years ago, teams should go at them, then as they invested and improved and became title challengers and eventually winners teams shut up shop against them hoping for a point or to steal a win with a counter or set piece goal.  THAT is why you might of needed to adjust your tactic.  Teams likely won't give you space as easily, you've got to create it.

So if teams will steal a win with a counter or set piece goal,what kind of "anti-counterplay tactic" will i adjust?explain the adjustments man,thats why i started the topic.

You didn't post a tactic so bit hard to suggest adjustments, maybe post your tactic if you want to continue developing it?

Your tactic could be well balanced but the players you use in it might not be balanced.  Assuming your tactic has good cover, can the players your keeping back covering actually cover space well?  Defending set pieces comes down to do you have enough size in your team relative to the rest of the league can they position/mark (affects how you should set them up) and does your GK command his area well?

11 minutes ago, summatsupeer said:

You didn't post a tactic so bit hard to suggest adjustments, maybe post your tactic if you want to continue developing it?

Your tactic could be well balanced but the players you use in it might not be balanced.  Assuming your tactic has good cover, can the players your keeping back covering actually cover space well?  Defending set pieces comes down to do you have enough size in your team relative to the rest of the league can they position/mark (affects how you should set them up) and does your GK command his area well?

all of my CB have exceptional Heading,Jumping reach and decent marking&tackle stats.Goalkeeper Command of Area is 14(good) 

I uploaded an overview about my main tactic,just ask for any tactic or player stats.I'll give you a screenshot

Edit:Im playing 4-3-3 Control and Flexible team shape currently

1.jpg

Archived