Price of players too low in comparison with real life?

Although players are in general definitely not cheap I still feel a lot of times the current market (of extremes) is not represented well enough in FM :). Especially players from smaller leagues going to bigger leagues, transfer for just a few million pounds whereas in real life also these players would cost a lot of money. 

Now maybe I'm the only one with this opinion, dunno. That's why I wanted to see how other people here feel about this :)

I agree. I've used the Editor to change transfer values across countries, so that swiping a good regen from low-value countries is no longer a "cheat".  Also increased decent rep player transfer values and wages, to make it harder to pick up a high PA youth for dirt cheap and lock into a 4yr contract on next-to-nothing wages. Done some testing and it looks much better 

36 minuti fa, majesticeternity ha scritto:

I agree. I've used the Editor to change transfer values across countries, so that swiping a good regen from low-value countries is no longer a "cheat".  

I don't get this. In real life it's full of young players bought super cheap from ''low-value countries'' that become really good players.

10 hours ago, Cedrik said:

Although players are in general definitely not cheap I still feel a lot of times the current market (of extremes) is not represented well enough in FM :). Especially players from smaller leagues going to bigger leagues, transfer for just a few million pounds whereas in real life also these players would cost a lot of money. 

Now maybe I'm the only one with this opinion, dunno. That's why I wanted to see how other people here feel about this :)

Back up your claims with large scale evidence of real life transfer fees compared to FM & I’m sure that SI would be happy to make any changes to rectify.

On 30/12/2017 at 19:39, majesticeternity said:

I agree. I've used the Editor to change transfer values across countries, so that swiping a good regen from low-value countries is no longer a "cheat".  Also increased decent rep player transfer values and wages, to make it harder to pick up a high PA youth for dirt cheap and lock into a 4yr contract on next-to-nothing wages. Done some testing and it looks much better 

By doing this you also lift a players overall value. So then you get an average player of Burnley who is worth 35 million. 

On 30/12/2017 at 20:38, Barside said:

Back up your claims with large scale evidence of real life transfer fees compared to FM & I’m sure that SI would be happy to make any changes to rectify.

That is difficult as often players haven't made a transfer yet in real life. So then my claims will be made upon the fees of other transfers or media assumptions. 

But I think it is very understandable that someone like De Ligt (Ajax) will not move to a European top team for 10 million. More likely the double or the triple of that as we also saw with Davinson Sanchez going to Spurs. 

5 hours ago, Cedrik said:

By doing this you also lift a players overall value. So then you get an average player of Burnley who is worth 35 million. 

True, but that's why I tested it, to not increase it too much, and just increase the middle rep values, because if you look in the editor, there's a big jump from 111-120 to 121-130 and so on, so a player who's 120 rep can cost say $1m, but 121 and he's $4m. I just smoothed things out a bit so a young, high PA player normally $500k is $1m. But a player normally $30m is still $30m.

5 hours ago, GazzP said:

Ryan Sessegnon for £10m from Fulham. They'd laugh in your face if you offered them that in real life.

This is exactly again a good example of what I mean. Buying players from competitions with a lower reputation should be tweaked. 

Archived