Can't decide who to sign.

Hi this is my first post on the forums, I just had a question about how people go about deciding on players to sign for their club. I'm in my second season with Southampton and have only signed a back up rb and striker. I managed to finish 5th but just before my second season I've got about 65 million to spend and not a clue who to sign.

Is there any specific way people set up their scouting aswell? 

Any replies appreciated, Thanks. 

A very simplified version: Look at your starting 11, find your weakest player (either stats wise or lowest rating over the season) find out the most relevant attributes for that role, and then go to player search and find players who have high attributes. 

I tend to keep a close eye on the transfer list as there’s usually some good players. 

As you’ve qualified for Europe you’re going to need some good rotation players too, so maybe make sure you have high quality back up for your best players. 

Or have a read through the good team and player part of this forum and see who other people have signed. 

I am a bargain hunter, so I scrounge for unhappy players seeking first team football and buy them at a discount. Only once I have built a world class club do I ever pay full price (or more) for stars. The main problem with bargain hunting is that I often have to retrain players to new positions or adjust my formation to accommodate them.

By the way, it's good to see that you are already reinvesting that Van Dijk money into the club.

Archived