I want an idea how all you guys go about scouting players to make your team better,

do you buy players with potential and give them game time? if so how do you go about finding them?

do you buy players better than your current players, if its that how do you go about scouting these players if you are at a smaller club.

how do you know where the weakness in your club is? how do you pin point them how do you go about replacing them with better players?

i think im missing something this time round on this fm with the new scouting system and i feel like i need a refresher in the game.

kind regards

• 2 weeks later...

I generally sign players who are under the age of 25 and I just do assignments in Europe and South America to find the new regens and some players who are cheap bargains who are 17 or 18 also I trust myself to look at their attributes sometimes to decide if I think they are good this has helped me with my blackburn rovers save. To find a weakness in my club I just look at the squad depth and look at pros and cons and also see where I have not got  so many depth in a particular position.

I tend to move around clubs a lot so go for players ready for the first team now and not so concerned with building to the future. I just generally look at replacing the weakest position in my team all the time. 

Archived