MLS Update Day

sargenaldo

Hi, everyone. I've finally been able to get back into playing FM again. I took a long hiatus to get through grad school and a couple of other life-related errata. I always loved being able to use the editor for simple things, but now advanced editor has opened up a dirge of other options. I've been browsing this board for a while in anticipation of diving into my own editing journeys, but I keep coming up short with errors. I've finally decided to come to the community with a question, and it seems a common one, though the common fixes don't seem to be helping. I'm trying to create an MLS structure with a simpler 6-team playoff. I seem to be able to get the teams into the final playoff round (which ends Nov 26) but the season doesn't finish in time for the update day the following year. I've tried removing the end dates and moving them all the way to the end of December. I'm wondering if there's an issue with the regular season that I can't see. Either way, any help would be appreciated. I've attached the file, which also includes the rest of the pyramid, but I'm only worried about MLS for now. Thanks in advance. 

usadv.fmf

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-01-01 at 14:39, sargenaldo said:

Hi, everyone. I've finally been able to get back into playing FM again. I took a long hiatus to get through grad school and a couple of other life-related errata. I always loved being able to use the editor for simple things, but now advanced editor has opened up a dirge of other options. I've been browsing this board for a while in anticipation of diving into my own editing journeys, but I keep coming up short with errors. I've finally decided to come to the community with a question, and it seems a common one, though the common fixes don't seem to be helping. I'm trying to create an MLS structure with a simpler 6-team playoff. I seem to be able to get the teams into the final playoff round (which ends Nov 26) but the season doesn't finish in time for the update day the following year. I've tried removing the end dates and moving them all the way to the end of December. I'm wondering if there's an issue with the regular season that I can't see. Either way, any help would be appreciated. I've attached the file, which also includes the rest of the pyramid, but I'm only worried about MLS for now. Thanks in advance. 

usadv.fmf

What do the extra league games do?

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 3.29.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 3.29.15 PM.png

Archived