New leagues issue

The aardvark

A few questions.

Using FM17, I have basically thrown out Australias existing structure and implemented a new one. 

I have created over 200 clubs, and added in 16 new divisions and 5 cups. 

The issues I have found so far are:

There doesn't seem to ever be a youth recruitment day. 

I have a division of teams that are set up to be youth teams (max age of 23). Unlike the other clubs I have created they don't have reserve or u21 teams, despite the settings otherwise being identical. Also I have set these up so their regions are overseas, trying to get more variety of nationalities in my game. I doubt this is affecting either of the previous issues though.

Also all the players in the A-League I released as I made all their clubs extinct. They don't appear in the game though. Why would this be?

Thanks

I have no idea, I wish there was a way to edit youth intakes. I'd love to stop it for at least 1 year so that regens don't swamp existing youth players.

Anyway, back to your point. The only thing I know you can influence regens is this:

- Their creation age under Australia -> Transfers -> Transfer rules and tick the "Youth Player Minimum Age".

- Regens appearance date is linked to the nation's season update day. The standard season update day for Australia is 20 june so if you moved that then regen date also moves. Also Australias season update day is fairly close to the youth intake day, as far as I know, regens won't get created the first year if your game start date is set close to the youth intake date, but it has to work the next year.

- Have you edited every club's youth recruitement stats (club -> stadium -> general)? If those stats are too low (-1 for example) then no youth intake will take place for that club,

Youth intake issue fixed. Or rather, I changed all the clubs that were limited to max 23 year olds to normal and the youth intakes are happening now. Don't know how that affects it. 

However, when I try to play the game the league rules don't come into affect (but cup rules do). ie. Max over 23 players/max foreign players etc. It's just blank where the rules section is, but in the editor they are definitely there. 

If it's squad/match rules that you've set in the "fixture rules" you're talking about then they only apply when overwriting an existing competition preferably using "Edited rules (override rules in code). Otherwise it would just grab the already existing hardcoded australian division rules.

Archived