whats the difference between deeplying playmaker and advance playmaker roles at the central midfield level?

That and more.

The Advanced playmaker thinks and play the game in a much more vertical way, while the deeplying playmaker thinks and play the game more in a lateral way.

The advanced playmaker have more creativity and plays with more risk when compare with the DLP.

It all depends in what you want for your team. If you want a player that pivot of your attack, that receive the ball and look to make that killer pass to the forwards then the AP is the man for you.

Instead, if you wnat a player that sits deep, to help bring the ball forward from the defence, who makes himself available to reclycle the ball when in possession, then go with the DLP.

Thanks, Ive been using DLPs playing balls to attacking wide men and it works very well.

If I wanted to switch to a narrow 442 diamond, possesion based, it would be better to change roles of CMs to ADV PL Makers so they thread balls forward to the ATT MIDF and strikers, is that right?

For a possession based tactic, and with that formation, i would probably choose a DLP instead of a AP, for the midcenter position. I could then choose a AP, support or attack, to play in the attacking midfield position.

But it all depends of your team, players available, etc.

2 hours ago, 2feet said:

is it just that the advanced role will move forward more, whilst the deeplying role will hold position?

Whether the player plays risky passes or not can be configured in the PI's.so I don't really agree with most that say "less risky passes".

Pirlo for example was given license to be adventurous with his passing and maybe we can argue that he was A regista or a roaming playmaker,he still was the playmaker from deeper positions,hence,deep lying playmaker.

Go through the Game's generated or fixed PI's for both roles and observe the movement's of each to tell the difference for yourself.

Sorry my English isn't perfect.

15 minutes ago, denen123 said:

Whether the player plays risky passes or not can be configured in the PI's.so I don't really agree with most that say "less risky passes".

Pirlo for example was given license to be adventurous with his passing and maybe we can argue that he was A regista or a roaming playmaker,he still was the playmaker from deeper positions,hence,deep lying playmaker.

Go through the Game's generated or fixed PI's for both roles and observe the movement's of each to tell the difference for yourself.

Sorry my English isn't perfect.

PI's, and this is something that i've learn recently from @Cleonthreads, have different weights depending the role they are used.

So, DLP(s) with risky passes, will not pass the same way, and make the same kind of risky passes, then a AP(s) with the same PI.

Agreed. I think a risky pass for a DLP would be an early ball into the striker, thus trying to catch out the defence.

I think a risky pass for a AP would a ball inbetween the centre backs or Inbetween fullback and centre back.

I also think PPM's heavy influence how any player would play each role. I use Henderson as my DLP and if we get a little congested in one side of the pitch we can work it to Hendo who has the "likes to switch ball to opposite flank" which works a treat on defensive minded formations. A good way of getting my opposite fullback in behind.

43 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

PI's, and this is something that i've learn recently from @Cleonthreads, have different weights depending the role they are used.

So, DLP(s) with risky passes, will not pass the same way, and make the same kind of risky passes, then a AP(s) with the same PI.

I do not disagree that both roles will operate differently in passing and delivery.

My only concern was with the "he does not deliver risky passes often".This he can.if configured on ppm or PI.

7 minutes ago, anorthernboy said:

Agreed. I think a risky pass for a DLP would be an early ball into the striker, thus trying to catch out the defence.

I think a risky pass for a AP would a ball inbetween the centre backs or Inbetween fullback and centre back.

I also think PPM's heavy influence how any player would play each role. I use Henderson as my DLP and if we get a little congested in one side of the pitch we can work it to Hendo who has the "likes to switch ball to opposite flank" which works a treat on defensive minded formations. A good way of getting my opposite fullback in behind.

I do not disagree with this as I have a working 3-2-4-1 DM2 tactic in my Present FM17  load that utilises this.and my illustraton above was pirlo as opposed to how Ozil or Thiago will operate in advanced areas.

So I do not disagree.I only just wanted to point out that frequency of risky passes is a possibility with DLP or any other play making role.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎31‎-‎01‎-‎2018 at 10:08, its me said:

My understanding;

DLP think Andrea Pirlo

AP think Lionel Messi.

I think those two examples suit more specialized roles like a Regista and Trequartista, for example.

In this case, I would say something like:

DLP: Xavi

AP: Iniesta

In Pep's Barcelona Xavi was the first man to dictate attacks,and as the ball would get further up the pitch the man to determine the last decision switched from Xavi to Iniesta.

Archived