ULTIMATE LEGENDS & STARS 1880 - 2018

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed a bit of a bug, or at least I think it's a bug. CSKA Sofia signed 3 players, Karl Koller, Dave Beasant and Enrico Albertosi for a combined £26 million in August and January but now the club has disappeared and all the players are free agents now. (can't click on the name and they don't appear in the player's histories).

There is a CSKA-Sofia and a CSKA 1948 Sofia but no CSKA Sofia and neither have any record of buying these players in their transfer histories.

1988842324_World_ContinentTransfers.thumb.png.bda335e0984bf2f2c7e1d456a66f54e3.png

Actually just noticed there's also rogue Fiorentina that signed Brazilian keeper Victor in August and now he is also a free agent and the Fiorentina on the transfer page is not clickable, but there is a working Fiorentina in the Italian league.

2066541482_World_ContinentTransfers-2.thumb.png.bddf59e41487bf1a344c447070399f8f.png

Possibly an issue with extinct clubs becoming active only to disappear again?

11 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Noticed a bit of a bug, or at least I think it's a bug. CSKA Sofia signed 3 players, Karl Koller, Dave Beasant and Enrico Albertosi for a combined £26 million in August and January but now the club has disappeared and all the players are free agents now. (can't click on the name and they don't appear in the player's histories).

There is a CSKA-Sofia and a CSKA 1948 Sofia but no CSKA Sofia and neither have any record of buying these players in their transfer histories.

1988842324_World_ContinentTransfers.thumb.png.bda335e0984bf2f2c7e1d456a66f54e3.png

Hey Weezer,

Well spotted... CSKA Sofia are extinct so they shouldn't be able to buy players. What happened was the name has changed so FM made the CSKA Sofia extinct and the new club is CSKA-Sofia which is the one with the legends and stars, however CSKA Sofia had some money to spend, even though they were extinct. I just thought if the club is extinct it wouldn't be able to try to sign players. Its good that they have disappeared now though, Even stranger is Fiorentina as the club they used to have was removed from the game and the working one is the real Fiorentina in its place. so how the rougue one managed to sign someone is beyond me lol as the old fiorentina is deleted. 

Edited by Fenech

Even weirder with the Fiorentina one is that their name doesn't appear on the transfer screen now either, just the badge. The other Fiorentina is in Serie A with no issues at all, coincidentally they actually sold one of their players to the now defunct CSKA Sofia!

Did notice that Roberto Baggio is at Fiorentina though, he should definitely be at Juventus.

5 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Even weirder with the Fiorentina one is that their name doesn't appear on the transfer screen now either, just the badge. The other Fiorentina is in Serie A with no issues at all, coincidentally they actually sold one of their players to the now defunct CSKA Sofia!

Did notice that Roberto Baggio is at Fiorentina though, he should definitely be at Juventus.

yes thats because the old Fiorentina was deleted, so it still appears in the game but with no name because they are not there lol its prob their ghost! Well he did play 94 games for Fiorentina before Juventus and at the end of the day, they needed him more. But he may well end up at Juventus in a future update.

Edited by Fenech

11 minutes ago, Weezer said:

I have removed the old extinct CSKA Sofia now so that shouldn't have happen again, thanks for letting me know.

Just started a United save and many players are coming up and looking for new contracts about immediately. So far i've asked other players to resolve and it seems to hold them off and perhaps sort this out in the future?

1 minute ago, cynathor said:

Just started a United save and many players are coming up and looking for new contracts about immediately. So far i've asked other players to resolve and it seems to hold them off and perhaps sort this out in the future?

yes wages are lower so it doesnt surprise me they want new contracts.. it is better though than wages being too high. I will definitely look at making this better in the next update.

12 hours ago, Fenech said:

The answer is yes. There are lots of new dutch players which was on your lists. I will research into the other players on your list and if any are missing, I will add them on in the next update if possible.

Thanks Fenech! Look forward to the database!

My January signings helped me to rally in the 2nd half of the season to finish a very respectable 6th in the Premier League. My goals conceded is a ridiculous 77 but I scored 83. Lots of 4-3s and even a 6-5 :D 

The North-East ruled the league, though Arsenal were the strongest team in terms of individual performances. Preston's Invincibles did not fare well. Liverpool won the FA Cup.

342221739_PremierLeague_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.43221692349238daa2dfdace5a4d477b.png

Monaco were surprise winners of the UCL, thwarting a potential treble for a Eusebio inspired Benfica on penalties.

2097638313_BenficavMonaco_MatchReview.thumb.png.cc3e0f25de83fe2d0d972ffd68f919b3.png

Not really too attached to my team though so I'm not going to continue the save. Going to fire up the editor and try another approach.

10 minutes ago, Weezer said:

My January signings helped me to rally in the 2nd half of the season to finish a very respectable 6th in the Premier League. My goals conceded is a ridiculous 77 but I scored 83. Lots of 4-3s and even a 6-5 :D 

The North-East ruled the league, though Arsenal were the strongest team in terms of individual performances. Preston's Invincibles did not fare well. Liverpool won the FA Cup.

342221739_PremierLeague_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.43221692349238daa2dfdace5a4d477b.png

Monaco were surprise winners of the UCL, thwarting a potential treble for a Eusebio inspired Benfica on penalties.

2097638313_BenficavMonaco_MatchReview.thumb.png.cc3e0f25de83fe2d0d972ffd68f919b3.png

Not really too attached to my team though so I'm not going to continue the save. Going to fire up the editor and try another approach.

Good Season, I see monaco have George Weah. Think he is a prime minister now. Just goes to show that the league is wide open  :thup:

Edited by Fenech

5 hours ago, InSp1RaT0R1950 said:

Does anyone else has the problem with facepack?

Mine seems to be very confusing a lot of photos of the players are wrong

for example :

20180726022457_1.jpg

No, there are no issues with the Facepack.

To get the Facepack to work you 1) Need to make sure you are only using one graphics folder.

2) Make sure the graphics folder is in the following location: MyDocuments/SportsInteractive/FootballManager2018/

3) Load up the game and once Loaded go to Preferences, Interface and Clear the Cache.

Then Preferences again and reload the skin, then the photos will appear correct.

The Ultimate Legends game never has any issues regarding the Facepack and as long as you follow the instruction above it works every time (for me) and for others as no facepack issues at all from anywhere else. :thup:

Also as you can see from the screenshot below, Ronaldinho is not at Barcelona and his caps and goals are different too. He is display correctly. 

ronaldinho.png

Edited by Fenech

8 hours ago, InSp1RaT0R1950 said:

Does anyone else has the problem with facepack?

Mine seems to be very confusing a lot of photos of the players are wrong

for example :

20180726022457_1.jpg

A little tip: look for a file called config.xml. Maybe you have more than one of them. That was the problem I had. If you only have one of these files the above tip from Fenech will work!

Hello Fenech,

It seems to me, looking at the screenshots that you have done a great job, congratulations.

"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there" 

Un ciao dall'Italia

marcolmo

:thup:

Thanks marcolmo, and I think the screenshots show you maybe 70% of the work because there are lots of legends and stars at other clubs (they just don't have full squads) yet.....

Many thanks for your appreciation. This project is for charity and then the community who participate benefit from playing it too. 

Edited by Fenech

7 minutes ago, potato said:

What's Pat Evra doing at PSG? Never played there. He did play in the suburbs of Paris (Brétigny, Les Ulis) but never for PSG: at 19, he was in Italy (Monza) and was transfered to Nice.

He did play for a year as a youth but I can see your point, I will look to move him to Nice or Monaco in a future update and give PSG an adequate replacement if necessary, thanks for pointing this out. :thup:

à l’instant, Fenech a dit :

He did play for a year as a youth but I can see your point, I will look to move him to Nice or Monaco in a future update and give PSG an adequate replacement if necessary, thanks for pointing this out. :thup:

He had a trial at PSG but never played for them. Anyway, it doesn't matter. If you're looking for replacements, Gaby Heinze or Juan Pablo Sorin might be better.

1 minute ago, potato said:

He had a trial at PSG but never played for them. Anyway, it doesn't matter. If you're looking for replacements, Gaby Heinze or Juan Pablo Sorin might be better.

Yes and they didnt like him so he shouldn't be there, thanks for the suggestions. They may not even need a replacement but if they do, both those players are available to come in.... will be in the next update. 

7 hours ago, Klemme said:

A little tip: look for a file called config.xml. Maybe you have more than one of them. That was the problem I had. If you only have one of these files the above tip from Fenech will work!

/o\

Thanks for this but a little too late! I guessed the issue was that it was clashing with my sortitoutSI facepack but instead of realising it was just simply the dual config files causing the issue I moved the entire facepack folder. 202,972 files. Took about 10 minutes of processing!

12 hours ago, Weezer said:

/o\

Thanks for this but a little too late! I guessed the issue was that it was clashing with my sortitoutSI facepack but instead of realising it was just simply the dual config files causing the issue I moved the entire facepack folder. 202,972 files. Took about 10 minutes of processing!

Yes well, in production and then the extensive testing that I carry out, I do the facepack every time, im always adding to it and then loading the game and doing the same routine over and over, so I know without any doubt that there are never any issues with the facepack, but it stands to reason that if you have more than one graphics folder in there or 2 config files that it is going to cause issues.

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 07:00, Fenech said:

No, there are no issues with the Facepack.

To get the Facepack to work you 1) Need to make sure you are only using one graphics folder.

2) Make sure the graphics folder is in the following location: MyDocuments/SportsInteractive/FootballManager2018/

3) Load up the game and once Loaded go to Preferences, Interface and Clear the Cache.

Then Preferences again and reload the skin, then the photos will appear correct.

The Ultimate Legends game never has any issues regarding the Facepack and as long as you follow the instruction above it works every time (for me) and for others as no facepack issues at all from anywhere else. :thup:

Also as you can see from the screenshot below, Ronaldinho is not at Barcelona and his caps and goals are different too. He is display correctly. 

ronaldinho.png

I did everything like you said 

I have also deleted my old facepack (cut out megapack) just in case but still my photos are wrong

15 minutes ago, InSp1RaT0R1950 said:

I did everything like you said 

I have also deleted my old facepack (cut out megapack) just in case but still my photos are wrong

Do you have more than one config file in the graphics folder? 

If you only have one, remove the graphics folder in there by deleting it, and just put the one you got from me in there. 

Edited by Fenech

8 minutes ago, Fenech said:

Do you have more than one config file in the graphics folder? 

If you only have one, remove the graphics folder in there by deleting it, and just put the one you got from me in there. 

I see only one config file

1 minute ago, InSp1RaT0R1950 said:

I see only one config file

ok what i want you to do is delete the graphics folder in there, so there is NO graphics folder in the MyDocuments/SportsInteractive/footballmanager2018 folder... and then empty the recycle bin...

Also confirm that the only file in the Editor Data file is the Ultimate Legends one and then PM me. 

Hi Fenech I've got a suggestion for the next update. I don't think Fulvio Collovati should be at Inter but he should be replaced by Armando Picchi. He had more appearances for Milan and Picchi was the Captain of Grande Inter and had 206 appearances. Nicola Berti could also be a youth prospect at Inter because he made 229 appearances for them. Stefano Tacconi also shouldn't be at Inter because he never actually made any appearances for them. I would suggest replacing him with one of either Julio Cesar, Lido Vieri, or Ivano Bordon. Aron Winter could also be replaced by Dejan Stankovic. Bonnuci also never played so he could be switched with Materazzi or Andrea Mandorlini. And Kovacic for Evaristo Beccalossi who made 216 appearances and was considered to be one of the best partnerships in Serie A with Altobelli. Nagatomo, should also be replaced by Ivan Cordoba who made 455 appearances. Nagatoma played quite a bit but was always considered a joke of a player at Inter. Also, if you're looking to add players take a look at Guido Ara for Pro Vercelli. He spent his whole career there and won six titles with them. 

As you can probably tell I'm an Inter fan! Hope this helps.

Edited by trunks26
Added more

On 25/07/2018 at 19:20, Fenech said:

Update: Wages updated  & some more players added. More updates to follow in due course.

Any rough ETA for this? I've done a bit of editing myself but I wouldn't want to start a new save yet if an update is imminent.

3 hours ago, trunks26 said:

Hi Fenech I've got a suggestion for the next update. I don't think Fulvio Collovati should be at Inter but he should be replaced by Armando Picchi. He had more appearances for Milan and Picchi was the Captain of Grande Inter and had 206 appearances. Nicola Berti could also be a youth prospect at Inter because he made 229 appearances for them. Stefano Tacconi also shouldn't be at Inter because he never actually made any appearances for them. I would suggest replacing him with one of either Julio Cesar, Lido Vieri, or Ivano Bordon. Aron Winter could also be replaced by Dejan Stankovic. Bonnuci also never played so he could be switched with Materazzi or Andrea Mandorlini. And Kovacic for Evaristo Beccalossi who made 216 appearances and was considered to be one of the best partnerships in Serie A with Altobelli. Nagatomo, should also be replaced by Ivan Cordoba who made 455 appearances. Nagatoma played quite a bit but was always considered a joke of a player at Inter. Also, if you're looking to add players take a look at Guido Ara for Pro Vercelli. He spent his whole career there and won six titles with them. 

As you can probably tell I'm an Inter fan! Hope this helps.

Hey trunks26

I kind of figured out you might support inter ;)

I have taken all your suggestions on board for the next update... 

2 hours ago, Weezer said:

Any rough ETA for this? I've done a bit of editing myself but I wouldn't want to start a new save yet if an update is imminent.

I have an update now on the wages with a few players added if you want it... the next update will be in a month or so. :thup:

48 minutes ago, Fenech said:

I have an update now on the wages with a few players added if you want it... the next update will be in a month or so. :thup:

I'll happily wait then, interested to see who you're going to add and don't want to get to into a save only to start another.

On 28/07/2018 at 21:36, Weezer said:

I'll happily wait then, interested to see who you're going to add and don't want to get to into a save only to start another.

Here is one I am adding now......... :thup:

3d46afbd09b9c334f4fc8042799d5578.png

Hi @Fenech

A view questions and suggestions:

Would you please change the names of

• Johan Cruyff → Johan Cruijff
  • Peit van Reenen → Piet van Reenen

Looking at the Dutch national team, I am missing Willem van Hanegem. Any manager, human or AI, would have used the best Feyenoord player ever.

Would you consider changing stadium names to reflect the best period in the teams history, or to reflect a legendary player?

• For example at Ajax, you could choose from Olympisch Stadion; De Meer; Amsterdam ArenA and Johan Cruijff ArenA.
    Where all / most successes were won at De Meer, ofcourse Johan Cruijff ArenA has the most legendary name.

Why is Ousmane Dembélé at Barcelona? And Arjen Robben at Chelsea? IMHO; Shouldn't they be at Stade Rennais and FC Bayern?

Which teams are in the continental cups? Did you use the last real life qualifications from leagues and cups, or somekind of historic level based on points and prizes won?

8 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Hi @Fenech

A view questions and suggestions:

Would you please change the names of

• Johan Cruyff → Johan Cruijff
  • Peit van Reenen → Piet van Reenen

Looking at the Dutch national team, I am missing Willem van Hanegem. Any manager, human or AI, would have used the best Feyenoord player ever.

Would you consider changing stadium names to reflect the best period in the teams history, or to reflect a legendary player?

• For example at Ajax, you could choose from Olympisch Stadion; De Meer; Amsterdam ArenA and Johan Cruijff ArenA.
    Where all / most successes were won at De Meer, ofcourse Johan Cruijff ArenA has the most legendary name.

Why is Ousmane Dembélé at Barcelona? And Arjen Robben at Chelsea? IMHO; Shouldn't they be at Stade Rennais and FC Bayern?

Which teams are in the continental cups? Did you use the last real life qualifications from leagues and cups, or somekind of historic level based on points and prizes won?

Hey Jorgen,

Thank you for your suggestions which I will look at in due course.

Van Hanegem is definitely in the game so you can pick him for the dutch squad if you wish to

I will get back to you in due course as I am busy researching and testing new players at the moment.

Thanks 

@Fenech Thanks!

Some more information for you. You probably have all those players in your db, but perhaps it gives you some new inspiration:

Best goalscorers worldwide, of the last 2 decades: https://iffhs.de/former-results/

48 legendary players according to the IFFHS: https://iffhs.com/dev/legends/legends-phase-1/ (perhaps they did not watch Messi, C. Ronaldo or Van Hanegem ;) )

Players with 500+ career goals: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_men's_footballers_with_500_or_more_goals  and https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/05/highest-goal-scorers-world-football-history/

Edited by Jorgen

I have a world super league available with all the legends in it. If anyone would like the file.

It has 21 divisions, World Super Champions League and a World FIFA FA Cup.

It is free to anyone who wants it who has already acquired the Ultimate Legends 1880-2018 FM Game

I am just in the final stages of testing it. More details to follow in due course.

Anyone else will need to PM me for details on how to obtain it.

The Ultimate Legends World Super League 

including 21 Divisions

over 3000 legends and stars from the Ultimate Legends Series.

Including a World FIFA Champions League & a World FIFA FA Cup Competition

ULSL.png

WFPL.png

WFFD.png

WFSD.png

WFTD.png

WFFDi.png

CCP.png

CCFD.png

PPC.png

PFD.png

BF365P.png