Player celebrating against former club

Henry Shepherd

Hi,

I know this is a small thing but it really adds a bit of touch to the game. I find it quite unrealistic that when a player who just signed for me plays for his former club and scores, he celebrates like he would any other match. This happens to all players playing against former clubs and that doesn't usually happen in real life. I don't know if this requires a huge amount of coding for a small touch but if it isn't a big problem then I would like you to consider it. Please like this comment if you are in favour of this happening.

• 2 weeks later...

Did Sandro Wagner happen to score against you? :lol:

Here's his comments after scoring against his former team Hoffenheim over the weekend:

"I rejoice against every team," Wagner later explained: "It does not matter if I was there for a year or if my mom or dad is training it now: I do not care."

(translated from this article: http://www.abendzeitung-muenchen.de/inhalt.stuermer-des-fc-bayern-das-ist-mir-wurscht-wagner-mit-jubel-um-jeden-preis.3c3bf0d2-59d6-43d5-b918-5e7ea9e5dbc9.html)

I think in this way:

- If he moved to other team with a good end and did a great career, where the club becomes a favorite to the player, he would avoid to celebrate the goals against the former club

- If he moved in a bad way, with problems with his former club (with manager, players, fans...) he would celebrates with will, anger, provoking. like a revenge. 

Good Way:

Bad Way:

• 2 weeks later...

totally agree. although some players do celebrate - so I'd expect that if a player does celebrate, the commentator in the game could mention it, or the managers to be asked about it in the press conference, same for when he doesn't - something like "X scores and shows respect to his previous club by not celebrating"

• 10 months later...

Archived