Bosman Transfers in future years

At the end of Year 1 (2018), I can get Sanchez and Ozil, two of the best players in the game, for free.  I play as Real Madrid (I also got Blind and Herrara) If I can get such great players for free in future, I won't buy any.  Does the AI keep resigning their best players, so Sanchez/Ozil is a one-off, or is the AI like Arsenal, so I can expect a steady flow of great players available for free, year-on-year.  I see players who have already played multiple seasons, so thought they could speak of their experience.

Thanks,

I opened a similar topic, and the general consensus was that it's a one-off situation, but I feel it's much more common than some people may want to admit.

The "well, it didn't happen in my save" explaination is just as anecdotal as the "I signed 5 Top Players on a free transfer in the two opening seasons" one, but I feel the latter should get looked into ASAP, also because it's been a known scenario for quite some years already.

To me, it all boils down to AI's inability to handle Unhappy players and AI's mediocre squad-building skills. Again, a chronic issue in FM. Basically most AI managers will not hesitate to transfer-list or leave an unhappy player disappear on Bosman rule because they'll either spend big money on a replacement (with higher rep, most likely) or on a couple of hot prospects with high PA (regardless of the actual CA or attributes distribution).

So players whose contract is running out will be allowed to leave, but no other AI club will make a move for those, and that's the part I don't understand...

Archived