Setting up a 4132 Narrow

I've recently started a Valencia save, where I am trying to use a 4132 system. I've set it up very similar to Bust the Nets tactic with Carilero, and looks roughly like the following (Do not have access to screenshots right now, but can add soon)

P - F9

Carr-AP-Carr

DLP

WB-CB-CB-WB

SK

With instructions to try and promote a somewhat counter attacking style of play (although I can't remember them off the top of my head). I'm very happy with the squad that I have, and was confident that the system would work. However, in my opening games I have been absolutely trashed by both Villereal and Celta Vigo. Not only did we lose, the performance was very poor and half the players might have well have not been there.

Can anyone suggest where I should start when setting up a 4132? I'm assuming it's the midfield roles, as well as team instructions, that are causing the problems. I may strip it right back, and just try to find the right roles first. Has anyone managed to get a 4132 working, and if so do you have any advice for my tactic?

1 hour ago, herne79 said:

The basic roles look ok, but we're missing any kind of information about the roles, players you're using and all the tactical instructions.  For specific advice we'll need that.

Of course, I'll get some more info up.

The tactic is essentially this: https://www.addictedtofm.com/curry-2-4132-explained/

I'm playing as Valencia, and the only signings I've made are a few Carrileros to fill the gaps in the squad.

Archived