Targets

TheGreat10ne1

I think, at the start of every season, you should be able to have the ability to set individual targets for your players. Here are some suggestions of targets I've thought of:

- Number of goals

- Assists

- Win at least x% of headers/tackles/etc every game

- Win at least x% of headers/tackles/etc as an average over the season

- Set a minimum average rating

- Etc

The idea of the targets is generally a simple "this is what I expect from you" from manager to player, as any boss would expect from his staff member. However, you could also set individual incentives that hasn't already been included in the contract. These incentives could be financial, but also about other individual matters. For example, for a young player chasing first team football, you could set a goal target of 10 goals, with the promise that hell be a first XI starter next season if he achieves it this season. Achieving targets would have a significant impact on the player's morale for next season.

However, you could also set warnings. If a player doesn't achieve 10 goals in a season, you could let him know he'll be expected to be put on the transfer/loan list, or that you'll simply have to look for added competition in his position. Even if you don't set any  warnings, not achieving a target could seriously impact a player's morale for the next season.

• 5 months later...

Archived