FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That makes sense, the reason I ask this is I am buying a new striker, and I'm deciding between this good regen I found, has high attributes in key places and a 4* scout report.

The other player would be someone like balotelli who has a 5* potential but less stats atm obviously

Which player should I go for??

6th November 2010 - Half time between Manchester United and Arsenal at Old Trafford.

I'm 2-0 to the good with goals from Tevez and Rooney.

This will be my 77th League game without defeat. The last one coming in October 2008!!

In 2nd season and is Janurary!

I'm 3rd in the prem 4 points behind Arsenal and City (:S)

2nd round of Champs

4th round of F.A Cup

My kids got knocked out of the League Cup by Reading :S lol

Just had a successful Janurary transfer window my team know reads as this!!

------Foster-----

----Santon----Vidic------Ferdinand-----Evra---

----Ronaldo---Martinez---van der Vaart---Messi

------Rooney-----

-----Huntelaar----

I've got Ronaldo and Messi pushing forward along with Santon and Evra. Martinez is a normal midfield and VDV as a Attacking Midfielder

Rooney is a Target man and Huntelaar an out and out striker!

Subs:

Asenjo

Fazio

Guardado

Nani

Fernandez

Scholes

Owen

Messi was expensive but well worth it (£46.5 million minium release fee)

Fazio and Martinez both cost around £15 million and will provide good cover!!

In 2nd season and is Janurary!

I'm 3rd in the prem 4 points behind Arsenal and City (:S)

2nd round of Champs

4th round of F.A Cup

My kids got knocked out of the League Cup by Reading :S lol

Just had a successful Janurary transfer window my team know reads as this!!

------Foster-----

----Santon----Vidic------Ferdinand-----Evra---

----Ronaldo---Martinez---van der Vaart---Messi

------Rooney-----

-----Huntelaar----

I've got Ronaldo and Messi pushing forward along with Santon and Evra. Martinez is a normal midfield and VDV as a Attacking Midfielder

Rooney is a Target man and Huntelaar an out and out striker!

Subs:

Asenjo

Fazio

Guardado

Nani

Fernandez

Scholes

Owen

Messi was expensive but well worth it (£46.5 million minium release fee)

Fazio and Martinez both cost around £15 million and will provide good cover!!

There is no way you can sign Messi in the second season. I won the treble and he still wasn't interested, Kaka and Robinho were though.

There is no way you can sign Messi in the second season. I won the treble and he still wasn't interested, Kaka and Robinho were though.

He wasn't interested in me either, but i offered him a £145,000 a week contract with £5 million signing fee, he signed after that :D

I have finished my first season and just got to the start of the second season. A review of the season is below.

You will note that Rafael/Fabio/possebon get games. This is because I have edited the database to use the attributes that the Man United research wants them to have as opposed to those that the brazilian researchers gave them (basically they not been touched for 2 years as they didn’t play at all last season for anyone due to the transfer being arranged over a year in advanced.).

Competitions

Charity Shield - Lost 6-5 on penalties following a 0-0 draw :(

Super cup - Won 2-1 with goals from Nani and Berbatov following a tight match.

World club championship - Won the final 5-0 over Saitama Utd. This was after a weakened team won the semi 4-0 against Pachuca.

Champions league – Won 3-2 against Arsenal in the final. He may not score many freekicks but Ronaldo scored a screamer in this match. Got the victory following a 92nd minute penalty after Arsenal got an 89th minute equalizer from a ridiculous Carrick own goal.

Premiership – Easily won on 97 points, a surprising 15 points ahead of Arsenal whom I felt been a lot closer to me in the end. Won 30, drew 7, lost 1. Lost to Aston Villa near the end of the season.

League Cup - Beat Liverpool 5-1 in the final. Initially went 1-0 down in the 41st minute. Couple minutes later we won a penalty that Rooney scored to make it 1-1 at half time. A second Rooney goal on 64minutes followed by Tevez on 68 secured the game. Made some substitutions and the game was rounded of with Paul Scholes scoring 2 further penalties, one in 75th minute and one in 85th minute.

FA cup – I was humiliated in the final. I basically put out the same team that had got me to the final and got smashed 3-0 by Man City. Not something that the fans enjoyed.

Transfers

As previously stated, started the season with the same team as Ferguson left me. Though there was movement in the transfer market in January following some good offers received. Infact I could have sold basically my senior squad with the various offers coming in, however I limited the transfer action for a bit extra realism.

Sold:

Hargraeves – £30million to man city – hardly played and they came in with an offer of 20million. I pushed them up to an acceptable price.

Park - £16.75million to athletico Madrid – forced them up from £8million opening offer.

Fletcher £18million to Newcastle – they kept canceling the £22million pound transfer however this deal went through eventually.

Lee Martin £2.6million to Hull. Was never in my plans so decent money for a nobody.

Loans out

Only loans out worth a note were:

Fabio to Blackpool – 22 apps before returning, upon return he made 12(2) apps in the first team with rating of 7.18.

Welbeck to Dundee (Scottish 1st division) – 35(2) Appearances, 18goals. Good return for him

Purchases

All purchases looking to the future, paying a fair whack but nothing like what im receiving. All offers made following the scouts picking the players out for me. Haggled prices down from what scouts said, but still a lot for youngsters :

Jose Baxter - £5.25m

Henri Saviet - £6m

Mamadou Sakho – £9.5m

Martin Galvan - £4m (though he cant come for about a year )

Davide Santon - £2million from Inter – looks a future star

Formation

Currently using a 4-1-3-2 formation which seems to be doing well. Was originally using 4-3-1-2 but wasn’t as strong as I hoped.

GK: VDS/Foster

RB: Rafael/Brown/Neville(rarely)

LB: Evra/Fabio/Oshea(rarely)

CB: Ferdinand/Evans/Sakho(rarely)

CB: Vidic/Evans

CM: Carrick/Fletcher/ (GIbson/Possebon)

AMR: Ronaldo/Giggs/Saviet(rarely)

AML: Nani/Giggs/Baxter(rarely)

AMC: Anderson/Scholes(rarely)/Rooney

FC: Rooney/Tevez

FC: Berbatov/Tevez/Manucho(rarely)

Performances

Top 5 performers

Ronaldo – Of course this man was top. 50(9) apps, 22 goals, 15 ass, 15 mom, 7.47 avg

Evra – 49(2) apps, 2 goals, 7 ass, 3 mom,7.22 avg

Vidic – 60 apps, 5 goals, 0 ass, 2 mom, 7.21 avg

Nani – 39(7) apps, 7 goals, 13 ass, 5 mom, 7.20 avg

Rafael – 42 apps, 2 goals, 5 ass, 0 mom, 7.16 avg

I will give a special mention to Anderson who people have slagged in the past. I played him in the AMC role with great success. He got 7 goals and 10 assists and played an integral part in most goals by linking the play, almost always being in a position to help the person on the ball.

Top 5 Goal Scorers

Berbatov – 28

Rooney - 23

Ronaldo - 22

Tevez - 18

Manucho/Nani/Anderson – 7

Conclusions

I must say that I am impressed with what can do without making any massive purchases for the team. Nick done a good job of the team and though a few players are under-rated compared to the over-rating other researchers go with I am very happy with what got to work with.

Tactics in this version seem more difficult for me due to the removal of positional arrows (no they are not the same so don’t say they are). However I found the important one to make the amc perform well is to have forward runs on mixed, that way he seems to always set a good position to help spread the play. Getting forwards to perform well is still a problem though, especially as they get rated poorly if they just stay pushed right up top, unless they score of course.

Transfers – At the start of the game it ridiculous the amount of money you can get for some players, however it is handy to have this option if you wish. Maybe on another game I will sell the backup players and go made in the transfer window. Im sure that can have some major fun with top named players.

All in all, very enjoyable. And second season should be a blast. Information on transfers for this second season will be below. Given myself some major headaches on who to play now mind you, especially in attack.

Season 2

Transfers Out

Brown - £20m – Aston Villa – too much money for a rarely used player

Oshea - £5.5m – Sunderland – don’t need the guy

Manucho - £5.5m – sporting – too many attacking players of better caliber

Drinkwater - £700k – not needed

kuszczak - £3.5m – not needed – especially with the good regen coming through now

Zieler - £100k – not needed

Carrick - £26.5m – Tottenham – This may be a mistake, however it good money and Anderson has been trained a bit more defensively so hopefully can do well in the MC role, which frees the AMC role for one the new boys. Also Gibson can get a run in the team at times now.

Brandy - £575k

Corry Evans - £525k

Eikrem - £450k

Transfers In

I feel I managed to broker some decent deals here, though not gone mad. Now find myself with too many attacking midfielders/forwards but I figure something out. May mean the end of Tevez though (though he was being rated as the best forward by my crappy ass man – who now been replaced due to my original target finally happy to change clubs :D )

Anyways, player transfers in

Carlos Vela - £7.5m – Really cheap as he was getting annoyed, think it was over his contract

Giuseppe Rossi - £16.5m – Was annoyed they didn’t give him a bigger contract, so I swooped in and paid a little over his value. Was dismayed he left united so glad to get him back

Marek Hamsik - £10.5m – Looks like he be top quality, and scouts were raving about him.

Geovanni - £250k from Hull, cant complain at that price for someone that make decent cover, even if he only lasts a year it be worth the safety net.

David De Gea - £50k – could turn into a quality keeper so worth getting him in to train. Though new youth player will give him a run for his money.

I have got screenshots, but not uploaded them. Maybe I edit this in at a later date though.

Giuseppe Rossi - £16.5m – Was annoyed they didn’t give him a bigger contract, so I swooped in and paid a little over his value. Was dismayed he left united so glad to get him back

well if the papers are to be believed man utd actually have a buy back clause, which if true, is great business by fergie

well if the papers are to be believed man utd actually have a buy back clause, which if true, is great business by fergie

aye, fergi and rossi mentioned it, but it been denied by villarreal. And buy back clause, or first option is another thing that is currently unknown. Alot of confusion on the subject it appears. lol

What player instructions have you given Scholes? A screenshot would be nice.

2BitCharlie

Good signing in Veloso but was Toni Kroos really worth it for £15m? You could have used the money to invest in a ST or a AMRL as they are positions that need to be improved imo.

Don't think I can get a screenshot but it goes something like this:

Mentality: 15-17

CF: 19

Passing: Mixed

CD: 12-13

FWR: Mixed or Often

RWB: Mixed

LS: Rarely or Mixed

TTB: Often

Where it has a range of options, that's what I do when I change his instructions in game and it fails. Also play a pretty high tempo, wide game played down the flanks or mixed.

Btw, grabbed Balotelli on loan as backup for the wings and striker positions.

Hi everybody,

I have a few questions regarding the financial status of the club and how you deal with it.

It has been a delight playing the game so far, I sold some players for good money at the start and bought many young and promising youngsters, I'm really excited about it. Then comes January and I only have 10million in the bank. I can easily off load some players and get through the season, but would it maybe be better if I go in the red and get some new investors, like somebody wrote about earlier?

So my questions are:

1. Is it a good idea going broke?

2. What happends if I do(point reduction ect.)?

3. If have to sell Nani and Carrick just to get by until the summer is it worth it?

Im currently in the top of the league and still in FA and Champ league, so the money is going to get there in August.

I have finished my first season and just got to the start of the second season. A review of the season is below.

FA cup – I was humiliated in the final. I basically put out the same team that had got me to the final and got smashed 3-0 by Man City. Not something that the fans enjoyed.

Transfers

As previously stated, started the season with the same team as Ferguson left me. Though there was movement in the transfer market in January following some good offers received. Infact I could have sold basically my senior squad with the various offers coming in, however I limited the transfer action for a bit extra realism.

Sold:

Hargraeves – £30million to man city – hardly played and they came in with an offer of 20million. I pushed them up to an acceptable price.

Park - £16.75million to athletico Madrid – forced them up from £8million opening offer.

Fletcher £18million to Newcastle – they kept canceling the £22million pound transfer however this deal went through eventually.

Lee Martin £2.6million to Hull. Was never in my plans so decent money for a nobody.

Purchases

All purchases looking to the future, paying a fair whack but nothing like what im receiving. All offers made following the scouts picking the players out for me. Haggled prices down from what scouts said, but still a lot for youngsters :

Jose Baxter - £5.25m

Henri Saviet - £6m

Mamadou Sakho – £9.5m

Martin Galvan - £4m (though he cant come for about a year )

Davide Santon - £2million from Inter – looks a future star

Season 2

Transfers Out

Brown - £20m – Aston Villa – too much money for a rarely used player

Oshea - £5.5m – Sunderland – don’t need the guy

Manucho - £5.5m – sporting – too many attacking players of better caliber

Drinkwater - £700k – not needed

kuszczak - £3.5m – not needed – especially with the good regen coming through now

Zieler - £100k – not needed

Carrick - £26.5m – Tottenham – This may be a mistake, however it good money and Anderson has been trained a bit more defensively so hopefully can do well in the MC role, which frees the AMC role for one the new boys. Also Gibson can get a run in the team at times now.

Brandy - £575k

Corry Evans - £525k

Eikrem - £450k

Transfers In

Carlos Vela - £7.5m – Really cheap as he was getting annoyed, think it was over his contract

Marek Hamsik - £10.5m – Looks like he be top quality, and scouts were raving about him.

Geovanni - £250k from Hull, cant complain at that price for someone that make decent cover, even if he only lasts a year it be worth the safety net.

David De Gea - £50k – could turn into a quality keeper so worth getting him in to train. Though new youth player will give him a run for his money.

Few points:

1. You should be shot for losing 3-0 to City in the cup final.

2. Good money for most players you sold, but can't believe you sold both Hargreaves AND Carrick, especially Hargreaves to City of all teams. You're only allowed to sell them average players! Great price for Brown, but I really like him and would find it difficult to get rid unless I bought Ramos and a really great DR. I've always liked Lee Martin as a backup as he can run at players really well, but that's good money for him too if you haven't used him.

3. Already said I don't like Baxter because of his determination - is it low on yours too? Don't know much about the other young players you bought, but Sakho put me off with quite low tackling and not being too fast - same on yours?

I've also edited the Brazilans - how are they getting on?

Great season :thup: (apart from the FA Cup - now go and uninstall your game and never come back here again!)

Ok, I've got Veloso, Carrick and Hargreaves. So now I need to sell Carrick or Hargreaves to buy Ramires or Carioca. Which one should I sell and which one should I buy do you reckon. And Carrick and Hargreaves have been rubbish while Veloso is brilliant so I'm definitely selling one.

I tell you something, that 3-0 loss made me want to restart my game. Especially as i beat them 1-0 in that final before, however my game got corrupted and i had to play it from 11 matches back. Was tempting to restart till i won it (had saved after CL final just incase of another corruption), however i resisted the urge because if i lost before and won that time i wouldnt have restarted.

Rafael is brilliant with the edited stats, absolutely thriving. Fabio seems to be good as well. In the second season evra is out for 3months more with a broke foot so playing rafael and fabio. 2 games in, fabio is on 7.40 and scored a goal, rafael is on 7.45 and scored a goal. Nice start for the brothers :) Possebon not really getting many games, he seems to be the weakest link in the trio at the moment unfortunately, dont help gibson being the better backup. Thinking of sending Possebon to a championship side for awhile and see if he gets matches.

Hargraeves and carrick selling was crazy, but the money was decent and had others i liked to play.

I agree about Brown, solid player and tough decision to sell but he just wont get a match at CB and better RB options now. Especially with Fabio having the ability to cover both sides.

Sakho - 14 determination and tackling, 11 pace, 13 acc. More relying on him for airial ability and hoping to push rest up a bit with solid training.

Baxter is just 10 in determination, i figure if i cant get him up to a world class player then i can sell him for at least twice what i paid in a couple years time. Though hoping to improve him as he can cover alot of positions.

Not sure I'm going to use Rafael as a full back. Perhaps when I play really crap teams at home, but that's it. Better on the wing, and that's certainly the case for Fabio. Retraining him at MR too.

And Sakho's crossing is also poor, which is why I don't like him. Perhaps a poor Vidic replacement at best.

Ok, I've got Veloso, Carrick and Hargreaves. So now I need to sell Carrick or Hargreaves to buy Ramires or Carioca. Which one should I sell and which one should I buy do you reckon. And Carrick and Hargreaves have been rubbish while Veloso is brilliant so I'm definitely selling one.
I'd stick with Carrick and Hargreaves as I know they do play well, but if you insist then I'd sell Carrick. You already have Veloso as an MCb and you probably need someone better defensively. Ramires was bought by Wigan in my demo game and doesn't look that good although is an MCb IIRR. Can't see all his or Carioca's stats fully so screenshots would be good.

But keep Carrick and Hargreaves and keep it English!

I would if my English players weren't playing so incredibly badly. Veloso will be my first choice for years to come but I need a backup I can rely on. Somebody good all round. Carrick is a great passer but rarely shows it, can't tackle and Hargreaves isn't much technically but can tackle like hell. I may sell Hargreaves as my defence is fine but my AM's are flopping so Carrick may fill in there occasionally. That and I like Carrick better than Hargreaves irl. Not sure yet though. Here are screenshots of Ramiers and Carioca:

Carioca:

11242008210159ug2.th.jpg

Ramires:

11242008205705dq6.th.jpg

Ramires looks far better and more accomplished all round but costs about £5m more and about 10k more in wages. I don't really mind the extra expense. I also don't mind Carioca's injury.

Still on this amazing unbeaten run in the League - 91 games now!!

Rooney's got 38 goals in 37 games so far this season. Davide Petrucci, whom I promoted 7 games ago has got 7 goals!! That partnership is keeping the like of Fraizer Campbell (who was my top goalscorer last season with 26 goals!), Carlos Tevez and Carlos Vela out of the team.

Agreed a couple of transfers for the summer 2011 - a couple a regens from Italy for around £12m each!!

I'm thinking of offloading Gianluigi Buffon, Nemanja Vidic, Patrice Evra, Nani, Carlos Tevez, Johan Djourou and Abou Diaby (who's always moaning about the lack of games) in the summer.

Rooney's got 38 goals in 37 games so far this season. Davide Petrucci, whom I promoted 7 games ago has got 7 goals!! That partnership is keeping the like of Fraizer Campbell (who was my top goalscorer last season with 26 goals!), Carlos Tevez and Carlos Vela out of the team.

Agreed a couple of transfers for the summer 2011 - a couple a regens from Italy for around £12m each!!

I'm thinking of offloading Gianluigi Buffon, Nemanja Vidic, Patrice Evra, Nani, Carlos Tevez, Johan Djourou and Abou Diaby (who's always moaning about the lack of games) in the summer.

Its going quite well for you! I am nearly finishing my 2nd season and I am about 50 games unbeaten so far. Have you won all competitions? First season I did a treble but this season I am on for a Quad, hoping for it :D

First season I won everything barring the League Cup. Second season I won everything barring the Community Shield, Super Cup AND the League Cup!

This season (my 3rd season) I'm on for everything. Won the Community Shield, Super Cup, World Club Championship - FINALLY reached the League Cup Final. 14 points clear at the top of the league with about 12 games left to play.

How are you guys doing this?? lol what tactics are you useing???

First season I won everything barring the League Cup. Second season I won everything barring the Community Shield, Super Cup AND the League Cup!

This season (my 3rd season) I'm on for everything. Won the Community Shield, Super Cup, World Club Championship - FINALLY reached the League Cup Final. 14 points clear at the top of the league with about 12 games left to play.

Yeah, I did the treble and won everything...except the League Cup lol. That was my first season

Second season, I have won the League cup, Super cup, World Club Cup, Top of the league, going strong in FA cup and Champions league. I would love it if I could win the lot this time around :)

How are you guys doing this?? lol what tactics are you useing???

My excellent tactic

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=67355

Link is above to my tactic if you are interested.

[update]

Managed to win the League Cup - beating Blackburn 4-2. a 6-0 win at ARSENAL followed just two days later with 3 goals coming in the last 8 minutes of the match.

I'm now at 10th March and Rooney has scored an amazing 50 goals so far this season. Theo Walcott has the most assists with 14, and he's not even first choice right winger!!

4 top goalscorers so far are:

Wayne Rooney - 50 in 43(1) apps

Carlos Tevez - 19 in 25(10) apps

Fraizer Campbell - 13 in 10(17) apps

Davide Petrucci - 10 in 11(1) apps

Ronaldo is 5th with 8 in 33(4) - beats last season when he only got 3!!

Why are Newcastle sooooo good on this game?

Anyway, I played on with my 'test' game last night, with Man United, trying to perfect a tactic. But I keep getting strange results =/

I'll win a game 3-0, like this:

90985w.png

Then I'll draw with Stoke at home 0-0, I'll have 15 shots, Stoke will have 1, but I just CANNOT score! My strikers (Tevez, Rooney, Arshavin, Berbatov) won't score, my goals come from defenders or midfielders, and my strikers get ratings of 5.4

Any one else get inconsistencies like this?

I don't think its my tactic, I've only lost one game, but draw sooo many.

wth.jpg

omg. i've been docked 9 points for going into administration?!?!

and i was 1st all season! :(

does my board solve this financial problem by themselves? or do i have to sell off players to help save the club?

i cant remember if they do. i think so. i dont think you will get docked any more points in the current season though.

^

I hate to be that annoying voice, and its said many times around these forums but, there instructions and those of the suppliers around them are really important. As is confidence i think? Anyone agree?

I mean my best player and top goal scorer is the same player a lot of people on here keep saying is hard to manage : Dimitar Berbatov....9 games 11 goals.

I think settling on a partnership and getting in good supply for them is the best way to go, Neville & Giovinco are supplying most of the assists for my front line.

^

I hate to be that annoying voice, and its said many times around these forums but, there instructions and those of the suppliers around them are really important. As is confidence i think? Anyone agree?

I mean my best player and top goal scorer is the same player a lot of people on here keep saying is hard to manage : Dimitar Berbatov....9 games 11 goals.

I think settling on a partnership and getting in good supply for them is the best way to go, Neville & Giovinco are supplying most of the assists for my front line.

But why do I have 15 chances per game, and the opposition have 1, and I lose 1-0. My strikers just miss everything.

Yet my leading scorer is Veloso who is a defensive midfielder :confused:

Why are Newcastle sooooo good on this game?

Anyway, I played on with my 'test' game last night, with Man United, trying to perfect a tactic. But I keep getting strange results =/

I'll win a game 3-0, like this:

Image removed

Then I'll draw with Stoke at home 0-0, I'll have 15 shots, Stoke will have 1, but I just CANNOT score! My strikers (Tevez, Rooney, Arshavin, Berbatov) won't score, my goals come from defenders or midfielders, and my strikers get ratings of 5.4

Any one else get inconsistencies like this?

I don't think its my tactic, I've only lost one game, but draw sooo many.

Try slowing the tempo down against the poorer sides, stretch them wide too and give your team more width.

Unfortunately it probably is your tactics, Zenit came out and played against you so they were open at the back enough to be attacked, Stoke however have only just come up, so shut up the back and hope for a set-peice goal if any. Another good tip is to set up your own set-peices, because once you get a goal, they will open up out of their shell too and you should get loads.

But why do I have 15 chances per game, and the opposition have 1, and I lose 1-0. My strikers just miss everything.

Ham hits it on the head. Stretch them....

I have my full backs and wingers taking them to the byline and whipping in balls a lot, add that to having a midfielder getting into the box and one sitting on the edge its easy for the opposition defense to get overwhelmed and leave you striker open with a chance. If that happens you want someone who has the right instructions and has been reciveing plenty of games, training and praise.

I mean, if two strikers get the same chance its more likely the one with higher confidence will put it away? Thats always been my belief.

Ham hits it on the head. Stretch them....

I have my full backs and wingers taking them to the byline and whipping in balls a lot, add that to having a midfielder getting into the box and one sitting on the edge its easy for the opposition defense to get overwhelmed and leave you striker open with a chance. If that happens you want someone who has the right instructions and has been reciveing plenty of games, training and praise.

I mean, if two strikers get the same chance its more likely the one with higher confidence will put it away? Thats always been my belief.

OK, but what if the assistant then says that "The cross are poor today"?

Also what training is best to use, and is Mike Phelan any good as an assistant?

OK, but what if the assistant then says that "The cross are poor today"?

Also what training is best to use, and is Mike Phelan any good as an assistant?

I dunno about anyone else, but after playing the demo a couple of times and now the full game for a while i'm starting to think, like a lot of other additions to the game, that most of the "Assistant feedback" is just filler and no substance. I don't know how many times i altered my tactics to solve the "There's too much space between the midfield and defense" issue, but yet he'd always bang on about it.

From that i decided to just use my own opinions on most matter and judge it by what I see in and during the game. I still listen to him about who to close down etc on the opposition though...

Well, thats a tough one 'cause i really like Mike in real life and i know Sir Alex holds him in high regard, as for in game due to my loyalty i just can't think of getting shot of him. I have been dying to ask in here what people have been doing in terms of assistant? Are you guys getting rid of him? If so for who?

I dunno about anyone else, but after playing the demo a couple of times and now the full game for a while i'm starting to think, like a lot of other additions to the game, that most of the "Assistant feedback" is just filler and no substance. I don't know how many times i altered my tactics to solve the "There's too much space between the midfield and defense" issue, but yet he'd always bang on about it.

From that i decided to just use my own opinions on most matter and judge it by what I see in and during the game. I still listen to him about who to close down etc on the opposition though...

Well, thats a tough one 'cause i really like Mike in real life and i know Sir Alex holds him in high regard, as for in game due to my loyalty i just can't think of getting shot of him. I have been dying to ask in here what people have been doing in terms of assistant? Are you guys getting rid of him? If so for who?

Thanks for your advice, I was getting dissilusioned with the Assistant Feedback filter too.

Everyone else, as for Mike Phelan, who keeps him? And who replaces him? If you replace him, then who with?

You will note that Rafael/Fabio/possebon get games. This is because I have edited the database to use the attributes that the Man United research wants them to have as opposed to those that the brazilian researchers gave them (basically they not been touched for 2 years as they didn’t play at all last season for anyone due to the transfer being arranged over a year in advanced.).

Just a quick question: how do you know which stats the Man Utd researchers gave them? I'm quite interested to know this :)

i think i just gave him 1st team coach role and then hired neri, absolute legend that bloke:

click, ask assistant in team talk,

adjust slightly

reap rewards in press and results

ham? nail on the head? ham-mer?

Archived